+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is it even worth applying CEC for a new grad PGWP holder?

nosmas

Sep 25, 2015
Hi all,

I have a 3 year PGWP and just completed 1 year working experience on a NOC A job.

From what I have researched, it seems like I need at least 460 points in order to get an invitation for PR.

Given that my job doesnt have LMIA with it, the max points i will probably get is ~400 points.

Seems like there is no quick way to boost my score other than getting a LMIA, but it's not easy to ask for an employer to do that for you. I really like my job and high paid and would not like to risk of losing it.

I guess I'm screwed and should just not even bother to apply?

If anyone can give me some opinion I will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

OKHA1

Jul 24, 2015
wait for 2years and also try to improve your English scores. If you have foreign work experience, will also give you points

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
nosmas said:
Never give up!

My recommendations are:

- create a EE profile immediately to know your actual score

- If higher than 400 you could be reached by Ontario PNP at some point (I don't know if they reached this year cap)

- look for your province PNP and apply ASAP
- look for other provinces PNP

- in some time ask your company again for LMIA supporting your EE application (It's a bit different than regular LMIA). Look information about it

- In the EE pool, Job bank and anywhere else look for a company interested in you accepting to provide supportive LMIA

- Work in your IETLS/CELPIP test to increase points
- do you know French? Test it.

- Hope (but dibt delay other actions) for the government accomplishing the promise to increase International Students chances/score in EE and even increasing overall in migrants cap (could reduce ITA score)

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
Gregor.Samsa said:
- in some time ask your company again for LMIA supporting your EE application (It's a bit different than regular LMIA). Look information about it
If the problem is the paperwork and cost, try to manage a deal with your company about it.

You can help with most of the paperwork probably

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
October 24th, 2016
nosmas said:
Hi all,

I have a 3 year PGWP and just completed 1 year working experience on a NOC A job.

From what I have researched, it seems like I need at least 460 points in order to get an invitation for PR.

Given that my job doesnt have LMIA with it, the max points i will probably get is ~400 points.

Seems like there is no quick way to boost my score other than getting a LMIA, but it's not easy to ask for an employer to do that for you. I really like my job and high paid and would not like to risk of losing it.

Thanks a lot.
It's free to create a profile and be placed in a pool, so why not? quickest way is to maximize your ielts scores. In addition, IRCC is going to announce new changes for international students, so you will have a better scores in the upcoming weeks.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
nosmas said:

You are in luck - IRCC just announced some revisions to the CRS scoring system that simultaneously reduces the points for an LMIA and gives extra points for Canadian education. It's a new game on November 19.

http://www.cicnews.com/2016/11/canada-outlines-significant-changes-comprehensive-ranking-system-crs-express-entry-immigration-118652.html