+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it a good idea to get bridge visa using 1st AOR?

juls78

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
I got Express entry PNP nomination. I have submitted my PR application and received 1st AOR on 4th of Nov. My work permit will end on Dec 15th.
I called CIC call center and they told me that I am not eligible to apply for Bridging open work permit as I don’t have 2nd AOR. shall I apply for BOWP with 1st AOR.
Seniors guide me

confusedapplicant

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
I called CIC call center and they told me that I am not eligible to apply for Bridging open work permit as I don’t have 2nd AOR. shall I apply for BOWP with 1st AOR.
The CIC already told you that you won't be eligible and you are asking if you should apply anyway?

juls78

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
I hear that most of them who applied PR didn't not receive 2nd AOR!!! Some of them do!!!
I am not sure waiting for 2nd AOR is worth thing to do!!! that's why I am confused!!!

AM198

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
juls78 said:
I got Express entry PNP nomination. I have submitted my PR application and received 1st AOR on 4th of Nov. My work permit will end on Dec 15th.
Seniors guide me
I would say absolutely 100% apply for the bridging work permit if you have no other option available to you. Here's what will happen: you will apply for the bridging work permit with the first AOR you received, just a few days before your 15 December deadline. That will put you on implied status with the conditions of your current work permit applying until you get either a rejection or acceptance on the bridging work permit application. In the best case scenario, in about 3 months after applying, when they start processing your work permit, you will either already have become a PR or you will have received your second AOR and they will approve it. I've heard that 8 weeks after the first AOR we can request the second AOR. YOU MUST APPLY FOR THE WORK PERMIT BEFORE THE FIRST ONE EXPIRES, TO BE ON IMPLIED STATUS. This is the most important thing.

In the worst case scenario, in three months when they open your application to process it, they will see you only sent the first AOR and you don't have the second AOR. If they want they can still approve it, but if they don't, they will send you a rejection letter and tell you that you should stop working and apply for a restoration of status. You will absolutely not be penalized for working uptill then, even if your application is later rejected for being incomplete, because as far as they are concerned, you still sent an application for a work permit before your first work permit expired. I have verified this with the call centre agent and my lawyer on several occasions. I myself am on implied status right now and have a bunch of things under processing with CIC and they have not told me to stop working.

juls78

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Thank you so much AM198
AM198 said:
I would say absolutely 100% apply for the bridging work permit if you have no other option available to you. Here's what will happen: you will apply for the bridging work permit with the first AOR you received, just a few days before your 15 December deadline. That will put you on implied status with the conditions of your current work permit applying until you get either a rejection or acceptance on the bridging work permit application. In the best case scenario, in about 3 months after applying, when they start processing your work permit, you will either already have become a PR or you will have received your second AOR and they will approve it. I've heard that 8 weeks after the first AOR we can request the second AOR. YOU MUST APPLY FOR THE WORK PERMIT BEFORE THE FIRST ONE EXPIRES, TO BE ON IMPLIED STATUS. This is the most important thing.

In the worst case scenario, in three months when they open your application to process it, they will see you only sent the first AOR and you don't have the second AOR. If they want they can still approve it, but if they don't, they will send you a rejection letter and tell you that you should stop working and apply for a restoration of status. You will absolutely not be penalized for working uptill then, even if your application is later rejected for being incomplete, because as far as they are concerned, you still sent an application for a work permit before your first work permit expired. I have verified this with the call centre agent and my lawyer on several occasions. I myself am on implied status right now and have a bunch of things under processing with CIC and they have not told me to stop working.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
juls78 said:
Seniors guide me
Well, if don't receive 2nd AOR before Dec 15th you can try and apply for BOWP (few days before Dec 15th) any way in hope that when CIC starts processing your BOWP application you will already have 2nd AOR. Current processing time of WP application is more than 100 days, so it will give you about 3 months of implied status. That's what a lot of CEC applicants did last year (old CEC).

dreamca

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can a FSW applicant from within Canada try that too? Applying bridging permit based on 1st AOR?

Thanks,

AM198

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dreamca said:
Can a FSW applicant from within Canada try that too? Applying bridging permit based on 1st AOR?

Thanks,
I'm assuming you mean a bridging open work permit (BOWP). I'm not sure what a bridging visa is. If this is the case, don't see why not. You would need to already be on some sort of work permit to get implied status though. Otherwise you will have to wait until they make a final decision on your BOWP application.

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AM198 said:

Yes that's exactly what my suggestion would be...or try any other class of visa such as visitor just to keep you on status and legal and if you get your visa (visitor) approved which will be atleast 6 months in length and till that time you might have received your 2nd AOR or hopefully approved PR..But AM198 also has a very good suggestion...choose any them..Good luck.

dreamca

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AM198 said:
I'm assuming you mean a bridging open work permit (BOWP). I'm not sure what a bridging visa is. If this is the case, don't see why not. You would need to already be on some sort of work permit to get implied status though. Otherwise you will have to wait until they make a final decision on your BOWP application.
Yes I'm on a PGWP valid till 31st Dec 2015 and sitting at 471 points...so hoping for an ITA.

Thanks for the help though!!

All the best for ur application.

witchkiki

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Hello guys,

my friend is in the exact situation where work permit is going to expire and he didn't get 2nd AOR. I just have another question related to it and looking for best advise. His visa is also expiring with work permit and if he has to travel out of country after applying the BOWP but before getting BOWP, is there any way to apply for visa and re-enter Canada before getting PR? Or on what basis he can apply for Canadian visa to enter?

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
witchkiki said:
Hello guys,

my friend is in the exact situation where work permit is going to expire and he didn't get 2nd AOR. I just have another question related to it and looking for best advise. His visa is also expiring with work permit and if he has to travel out of country after applying the BOWP but before getting BOWP, is there any way to apply for visa and re-enter Canada before getting PR? Or on what basis he can apply for Canadian visa to enter?
Hello Friend ,
First of all he will not eligible to apply for BOWP, but he can apply just to be on implied status...in order to continue working as he is on WP
Secondly , in order to enter Canada he will need either TRV or visitor visa...
Now, visitor visa is a simple process, I guess you may know about it.
If he wants to apply for TRV outside of Canada he should have a valid Study permit or Work permit..
Hope that helps...Good luck.. :)