+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Indian Graduate Trainee Experience Counted as work Experience

Jaimin Barot

Oct 6, 2018
Hi,

I worked at a large Indian firm and was recruited through campus recruitment. Initially, for one year, I was appointed as a Graduate Engineer Trainee(one year) and then got a designation for Engineer (for 9 months).
I worked at that firm for 21 months in total and doing the same work.

So will my 1 year of Graduate Engineer Trainee be counted or not?

Evident

Oct 30, 2018
Yes, your one year work experience as a Graduate Trainee Engineer will be counted. All the best.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi,

I worked at a large Indian firm and was recruited through campus recruitment. Initially, for one year, I was appointed as a Graduate Engineer Trainee(one year) and then got a designation for Engineer (for 9 months).

Anything Paid, continuous, full time or equal amount of part time, minimum one year at NOC level 0, A or B will be counted, even during full time study but in that case must be outside Canada.

If you meet the NOC requirements and were Paid then yes your experience is valid.

Good Luck!

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi,

If you got the salary for that time period, then YES.

Amanpreetk

Apr 4, 2020
Hi, I am working as Android Developer and started my career as Android trainee in 2017 and worked there for 7 months from May to October. I switched my job in November 2017 and worked as android developer from November 2017 to April 2019. Again, I changed my company in May 2019 and is currently working there.

I just want to know does the collective work experience will be counted as 3 years when the May month completes or I have to wait till November to get experience of 3 years? Trainees work will be counted as full time employment in express entry I am confused because of duration of my work as Trainee

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi, I am working as Android Developer and started my career as Android trainee in 2017 and worked there for 7 months from May to October. I switched my job in November 2017 and worked as android developer from November 2017 to April 2019. Again, I changed my company in May 2019 and is currently working there.

I just want to know does the collective work experience will be counted as 3 years when the May month completes or I have to wait till November to get experience of 3 years? Trainees work will be counted as full time employment in express entry I am confused because of duration of my work as Trainee
Android trainee developer would come under the same NOC of Android Developer.

You should have a continuous experience for 1 year in primary NOC to be eligible, so your considered experience will start from November 2017, because, you left the first company.

parshid

Sep 15, 2020
Hi, I worked at a large Indian automotive company and was recruited through campus recruitment after graduation, as a Graduate Engineering Apprentice Trainee for one year (Paid). All fresh graduates are given the same job title during their first year at the company.
Can I claim this as work experience, and will it count?
I ask this question because it is mentioned on IRCC's page while entering work experience details "Do not enter any work related to or performed during an apprenticeship process".
My work was paid and was full time with no gaps for a one year period.

Any insights on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Hi, I worked at a large Indian automotive company and was recruited through campus recruitment after graduation, as a Graduate Engineering Apprentice Trainee for one year (Paid). All fresh graduates are given the same job title during their first year at the company.
Can I claim this as work experience, and will it count?
I ask this question because it is mentioned on IRCC's page while entering work experience details "Do not enter any work related to or performed during an apprenticeship process".
My work was paid and was full time with no gaps for a one year period.

Any insights on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
This is fairly common (my first job in the IT industry was as an Assistant Systems Engineer - Trainee) and should pose no problems. It's not really an apprenticeship as such (that's more a thing for skilled trades). However, do make sure your reference letter (or other documentation) is water tight and provides all the information that's asked for (you can find the requirements on the IRCC website) - some key points are the statement of hours (30+ hours a week is considered full time), salary, responsibilities (should be a good match to your chosen National Occupation Code, but preferably not a straight out copy), start (and if applicable end) dates.

Good luck.

sameersaif

Sep 3, 2023
Hi,

Hey, I am in the same scenario here, I worked as a graduate trainee engineer for 6 months in the same company where I worked as an Engineer but it was just a generic job role(If you know what I mean). The duties don't match the NOC code which applies to my Engineer role (21301 – Mechanical engineers) as it was mostly working in different departments and gaining knowledge.

Were you able to get this sorted? Could you please guide me on how you approached it? Which NOC code did you select for the graduate training in your PR application? As the GTE duties and responsibilities are very basic and generic

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hey, I am in the same scenario here, I worked as a graduate trainee engineer for 6 months in the same company where I worked as an Engineer but it was just a generic job role(If you know what I mean). The duties don't match the NOC code which applies to my Engineer role (21301 – Mechanical engineers) as it was mostly working in different departments and gaining knowledge.

Were you able to get this sorted? Could you please guide me on how you approached it? Which NOC code did you select for the graduate training in your PR application? As the GTE duties and responsibilities are very basic and generic
You can't claim a NOC if your duties don't match the responsibilities listed under that NOC code. Select a NOC code where you see a 70% match or more.