+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is ielts necessary?

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhcohen2014 said:
i wouldn't know. i'm guessing the real question is whether it's necessary to know english in order to get a survival job? i *think* the IELTS is needed for some immigration purposes, though it's not *really* a requirement to live and work in canada. perhaps nina can explain what the relavance is?
Puzzling, isn't it.

I responded regarding necessity to know English in order to get a job in Canada with following: "..your knowledge of English and the degree of your knowledge would be relevant depending on what you were planning to do.
If you were a Lawyer and applied for a job as one, it would be very important for you to show excellent command of English. Otherwise, you would misinterpret statues, court rulings and file erroneous briefs for your clients, causing lots of trouble, aside from committing a malpractice.
But you could perform your duties as a cleaner with very minimal knowledge of English, as long as you were given tools and pointed a place that you needed to clean. Either way, IELTS would not be what most employers needed to assess your language skills."