File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
Guys,is ielts necessary to find even a survival job?cashier,cleaner etc?

unarmed

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
English is important, and if you are coming from other country than Canada then IELTS is required.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
IELTS is not required to find a job. It is required for certain immigration streams and to enter university or college.

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
i am Canadıan cıtızen lıvıng ut from canada goıng to school ın another country...so for survıval jobs do they ask ıt?ı speak englısh of course

mrbeachman

Oct 24, 2011
Of course they do not ask for IELTS.

Don't worry and your English is likely more than fine for a survival job.

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
Thanks :)of course ielts would be a plus in the future but for start with my english hope there will be no problem :D

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the US very large number of first generation/legal immigrants are fluent in English. It is so common that no one anymore cares what the level of your command in English is. I remember in mid 90's it was a big deal if you recently arrived to US and could speak English. Not anymore.
I wonder if it is the same way in Canada.

As to IELTS and survival job, I don't think any employer asks for IELTS in Canada (that would be like asking for TOEFL when applying for a job in US, and I don't think anyone does that).
But your knowledge of English and the degree of your knwoledge would be relevant depending on what you were planning to do.
If you were a Lawyer and applied for a job as one, it would be very important for you to show excellent command of English. Otherwise, you would misinterpret statues, court rulings and file errouneous briefs for your clients, causing lots of trouble, aside from committing a malpractice.
But you could perform your duties as a cleaner with very minimal knowledge of English, as long as you were given tools and pointed a place that you needed to clean. Either way, IELTS would not be what most employers needed to assess your language skills.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
Well, I don't know.. here in Vancouver it is at times very hard to find someone speaking English. Half the taxi drivers don't understand where to go, in shops the same. IELTS? No idea how they got here. And living in their community ghettos is not helping improving the language skills either.

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
You mention that you are a Canadian citizen. I believe you will not be required to prove your proficiency in English.

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did he take med tests in June 2014 and is already a Canadian Citizen? Passport requested in November 2014 to grant Canadian Citizenship? :-X

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
david1697 said:
Did he take med tests in June 2014 and is already a Canadian Citizen? Passport requested in November 2014 to grant Canadian Citizenship? :-X
no, nina is sponsoring her husband for permanent residency in canada , he is not applying for citizenship as he hasn't even gotte to canada yet. i'm not even sure how it's assumed her application is for citizenship. the stats you are reading is for family class spousal pr (as indicated by the FAM category in her stats). Nina is a canadian citizen by decent living outside of canada. her husband received his PPR for his PR visa in november.

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhcohen2014 said:
no, nina is sponsoring her husband for permanent residency in canada , he is not applying for citizenship as he hasn't even gotte to canada yet. i'm not even sure how it's assumed her application is for citizenship. the stats you are reading is for family class spousal pr (as indicated by the FAM category in her stats). Nina is a canadian citizen by decent living outside of canada. her husband received his PPR for his PR visa in november.
Thanks for clarification.

Now, assuming her husband is new Canadian PR and seeing that "Ankara" is the office where docs were processed, I am guessing that her husband is a national of Turkey or of one of the countries served by Canadian Consulate in Ankara. Which might be completely irrelevant, unless she plans to move to his country of citizenship.

Now, reading only her OP here and couple of responses I can't know where exactly she is planning to go (I could assume she was going to school where her husband lives, but what do I know). In any event, I struggle to understand why would Canadian citizen going abroad would be concerned about ILETS in the context of getting a survival job. Just because she is Canadian doesn't mean she must be a great English speaker (she could be a native French speaker and have basic conversational English), but where from comes the thought of IELTS as possible means to get a survival job abroad? :)

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
david1697 said:
Thanks for clarification.

Now, assuming her husband is new Canadian PR and seeing that "Ankara" is the office where docs were processed, I am guessing that her husband is a national of Turkey or of one of the countries served by Canadian Consulate in Ankara. Which might be completely irrelevant, unless she plans to move to his country of citizenship.

Now, reading only her OP here and couple of responses I can't know where exactly she is planning to go (I could assume she was going to school where her husband lives, but what do I know). In any event, I struggle to understand why would Canadian citizen going abroad would be concerned about ILETS in the context of getting a survival job. Just because she is Canadian doesn't mean she must be a great English speaker (she could be a native French speaker and have basic conversational English), but where from comes the thought of IELTS as possible means to get a survival job abroad? :)

Nina nor her husband are in canada yet. her husband is still waiting for PR approval, he has not landed and is not a newcomer yet. since they got a passport request, this suggests the visa will soon be approved. i don't believe nina is a canadian citizen by birth, rather i belive she received citizenship by decent from her parents. she has not lived in Canada before and is planning her settlement in canada, and obviously english is not her first language. you see, for family class spousal sponsorship, a sponsor not residing in canada (nina) and the applicant (her husband) must prove IMMEDIATE plans to settle in Canada in order for the application to be approved. For family class spousal sponsorship, applications are denied because there is not proper intent on immediate settlement in canada. CIC does not approve applications just for PR status purposes. they actually want and expect the person to WANT to be in canada as soon as they are approved. nina has already been through that step, and is now getting close to moving here, so she is asking questions to help her figure everything out.

yes, i believe her husband is from turkey. if you are that curious to know her history, you can simply click on her profile and read previous posts which will give you more of an understanding.

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhcohen2014 said:
Nina nor her husband are in canada yet. her husband is still waiting for PR approval, he has not landed and is not a newcomer yet. since they got a passport request, this suggests the visa will soon be approved. i don't believe nina is a canadian citizen by birth, rather i belive she received citizenship by decent from her parents. she has not lived in Canada before and is planning her settlement in canada, and obviously english is not her first language. you see, for family class spousal sponsorship, a sponsor not residing in canada (nina) and the applicant (her husband) must prove IMMEDIATE plans to settle in Canada in order for the application to be approved. For family class spousal sponsorship, applications are denied because there is not proper intent on immediate settlement in canada. CIC does not approve applications just for PR status purposes. they actually want and expect the person to WANT to be in canada as soon as they are approved. nina has already been through that step, and is now getting close to moving here, so she is asking questions to help her figure everything out.

yes, i believe her husband is from turkey. if you are that curious to know her history, you can simply click on her profile and read previous posts which will give you more of an understanding.
Wasn't curious at all, so didn't search/read her earlier posts.

Subject of intent to immigrate to Canada upon landing came up in a separate thread, where I admitted not to know much about family class admissions in Canada. I remember reading on one of the posts that intent to move to Canada immediately upon landing was part of immigration application filled out , and may have been a reason why other family sponsored immigrant was denied landing.

So, Nina is foreign born female who is Canadian by virtue of descent or derivatively ( Jus sanguinis , not Jus soli).
English is not her first language.
Her husband is Turkish. Not a Canadian PR yet, but to be once Visa approved and Landing occurred.
If he doesn't have intent to reside in Canada immediately upon approval of his Visa he can be denied Visa and/or landing.
She plans to move to Canada at some point soon. (BTW, it would be extremely difficult to guess what OP meant, reading "I am Canadıan cıtızen lıvıng ut from canada goıng to school ın another country...". I would have never guessed that "living ut from canada" actually means "planning to move to Canada". Provided English is not her first language, I don't have any problems, just noting that it would be impossible for me to comprehend the meaning of her sentence from reading it).

So, what she wants to know is if IELTS is necessary to find any survival job, such as cleaning and etc.

I still don't comprehend where IELTS come into the picture from, provided she is a Canadian citizen by virtue of Jus sanguinis concerned with finding a survival job in Canada.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
david1697 said:
I still don't comprehend where IELTS come into the picture from, provided she is a Canadian citizen by virtue of Jus sanguinis concerned with finding a survival job in Canada.
i wouldn't know. i'm guessing the real question is whether it's necessary to know english in order to get a survival job? i *think* the IELTS is needed for some immigration purposes, though it's not *really* a requirement to live and work in canada. perhaps nina can explain what the relavance is?