+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is gift deed option for Proof of fund is safe ?

barusahib2013

Star Member
Feb 5, 2017
No need if your amount is sufficient without the deed and is reflected in your last 6 months bank statement, you are good to go. Just check that if dollar increases a bit your amount is still sufficient.
yes if dollar fluctuates thn also i have sufficient amount

barusahib2013

Star Member
Feb 5, 2017
Yes, you are right, if without the gift deed your balance is sufficient and will remain so even if the dollar rate fluctuates a bit upwards, then IMO no need.
Still if you want to show, then you can raise a CSE (case specific enquiry) and attach LOE (letter of explanation).
yes mam it will remain above lico if dollar fluctuates thn also as its more than enough .

Reactions: KiranK

barusahib2013

Star Member
Feb 5, 2017
Hi all,
I need your urgent help regarding my fixed deposit. My fixed deposit is a 1-year term. I opened it in June 2016, which means it's older than 6 months now. My concern is that its maturity date will be Jul 20, 2017 however my deadline for APR is Aug 16, 2017. I got the bank letter already and it clearly mentions the maturity date. Will this make CIC disregard my PoF because it will mature before the deadline? If yes, what should I do? Pls help me!! Thank you.
I think
[21st june i just submitted last nite n in mrng realised this thing

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
I would advise you to extend your term of fixed deposit before submission if possible
how long should i extend? the new maturity date should be before the estimated 6 month when i receive result from CIC right? let's say my deadline is Aug, so new due date should be Feb 2018? Thank you !!!

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Hi all,
I need your urgent help regarding my fixed deposit. My fixed deposit is a 1-year term. I opened it in June 2016, which means it's older than 6 months now. My concern is that its maturity date will be Jul 20, 2017 however my deadline for APR is Aug 16, 2017. I got the bank letter already and it clearly mentions the maturity date. Will this make CIC disregard my PoF because it will mature before the deadline? If yes, what should I do? Pls help me!! Thank you.
IMO,Why don't you break your F.D, transfer money to your saving, attach the papers showing that you transferred money from you FD to saving, also attach paper showing that the FD was year old. You will be good to go.

Reactions: sundar17feb99

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
It is not required, but if you want to attach you very well can.
They are okay as long as you have full right on the money, if you want to further substantiate it you can mention on the deed that the donor is an income tax payer. Like I did, i mentioned the PAN (Permanent Account Number used in India for paying income tax) of my father on my deed to further legitimise it.
Thank you gurik

Reactions: gurik

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
IMO,Why don't you break your F.D, transfer money to your saving, attach the papers showing that you transferred money from you FD to saving, also attach paper showing that the FD was year old. You will be good to go.
The point is my FD and my savings account are at 2 different banks? How can I prove the validity of the amount of money? Should I wait until the maturity date, withdraw and deposit to my savings account the same date? Thank you

Mhargie

Jun 22, 2017
I recently sold my car and was paid via my bank account; however the person that bought the car broke the payment in 3 equal installment. 2 transfers via bank transfer and 1 via cash deposited in my account. I gave him a receipt for this and still have a copy of the car particulars which was in my name Will the receipt only be sufficient to show transaction that occurred? I am currently waiting of an ITA. Please advice what to do.

PritomIslam

Jun 30, 2017
You can go both ways, but the second one is definitely complicated and might raise doubts also. In my opinion Easier way is to get a Gift deed from your Parents. There is no gift deed form as such, just ask a notary in your country, he will provide with you a Gift deed as per your country's format on a notarised paper. It should be ideally signed by your parents (donor) and you (donee) and few witnesses. There are number of formats available on this forum also if you want to check out.
But the main content of the deed should be that your parents gifted you the money out of their free will, love and affection and without any coercion or undue influence etc., on so and so date via so and so check number from their account number-abc, in Bank-xyz. That you are free to use the money as per your wish and needs. Also that you accept this gift etc. Something along these lines will be fine.
Hello, my husband is the main applicant and I m dependent; what if my parents give me gift deed in my account in my name and I transfer it to my husband's account? will it be a problem? and if the whole required amount is shown as gift deed, should it be a problem ?