+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is gift deed option for Proof of fund is safe ?

Gbemife

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
Its perfectly fine to receive a gift after ITA, it is not misrepresentation and many people do it. Your parents can gift the money to you whenever they want no one can question that. You should have the money in your account before filling your eAPR. Attach a Gift Deed from your parents to you on a notarised stamp paper in your POF section. You will be good to go.
Hello,
I have a question pls. My sister is gifting me the POF. Do I need to attach her statement of accounts? Also can the money be sent from her corporate account, or it must be from a personal account?

Thank you

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Hello,
I have a question pls. My sister is gifting me the POF. Do I need to attach her statement of accounts? Also can the money be sent from her corporate account, or it must be from a personal account?

Thank you
No need for the account statement of the donor (here your sister). It can be any account as long as she has complete right on the money as her own and it is not in a joint account etc.

Reactions: KiranK

Gbemife

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
No I didn't. Not required.
Thank you so much. Did your donor swear an affidavit? My sister and I dont reside in the same country, so the gift deed will bear her signature only. How do I get and acceptance for it pls? Any infor will be appreciated.

Thank you

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Thank you so much. Did your donor swear an affidavit? My sister and I dont reside in the same country, so the gift deed will bear her signature only. How do I get and acceptance for it pls? Any infor will be appreciated.

Thank you
No need of any affidavit as gift deed is itself on a notarised stamp paper.
I have no idea about such situation, Please ask someone else on the forum in this regard. Gift deed is invalid as long as it is not accepted
I have heard of people getting different acceptance of deed notarised, but I am not sure of the legality of this. Please ask other experts.

barusahib2013

Star Member
Feb 5, 2017
i submitted my application yesterday but i forgot to attach gift deed which i have taken of 3 lac on 17 april 2017 though if i exclude gift deed amount thn also i hav sufficient balance in my account . balance widout gift deed is 645226 inr. do i need to raise cse and attach gift deed

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
i submitted my application yesterday but i forgot to attach gift deed which i have taken of 3 lac on 17 april 2017 though if i exclude gift deed amount thn also i hav sufficient balance in my account . balance widout gift deed is 645226 inr. do i need to raise cse and attach gift deed
Yes, you are right, if without the gift deed your balance is sufficient and will remain so even if the dollar rate fluctuates a bit upwards, then IMO no need.
Still if you want to show, then you can raise a CSE (case specific enquiry) and attach LOE (letter of explanation).

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
No need for the account statement of the donor (here your sister). It can be any account as long as she has complete right on the money as her own and it is not in a joint account etc.
Hi gurik: Regarding the bank statements of the donor in case of gift deed, wouldn't it be required since the donor may possibly be gifting a borrowed amount?

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Hi gurik: Regarding the bank statements of the donor in case of gift deed, wouldn't it be required since the donor may possibly be gifting a borrowed amount?
It is not required, but if you want to attach you very well can.
They are okay as long as you have full right on the money, if you want to further substantiate it you can mention on the deed that the donor is an income tax payer. Like I did, i mentioned the PAN (Permanent Account Number used in India for paying income tax) of my father on my deed to further legitimise it.

Reactions: omarkhan

barusahib2013

Star Member
Feb 5, 2017
kindly advise me??/

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
No need if your amount is sufficient without the deed and is reflected in your last 6 months bank statement, you are good to go. Just check that if dollar increases a bit your amount is still sufficient.

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Hi all,
I need your urgent help regarding my fixed deposit. My fixed deposit is a 1-year term. I opened it in June 2016, which means it's older than 6 months now. My concern is that its maturity date will be Jul 20, 2017 however my deadline for APR is Aug 16, 2017. I got the bank letter already and it clearly mentions the maturity date. Will this make CIC disregard my PoF because it will mature before the deadline? If yes, what should I do? Pls help me!! Thank you.