+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is getting a Travel Document easy

bhumyinder

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
Dear Seniors

Please advise if getting a Travel document is a hassle.
I went to Canada this month to do my first landing and came back within 3 days. My wife is still there and now I need to go back within a month to join her. Please advise if it is simple to get a travel document.

Appreciate your replies asap.

Many Thanks

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't understand. You are a landed immigrant in Canada? Then you can enter with your passport and PR card. What's the problem?

Mani8585

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
bhumyinder said:
Dear Seniors

Please advise if getting a Travel document is a hassle.
I went to Canada this month to do my first landing and came back within 3 days. My wife is still there and now I need to go back within a month to join her. Please advise if it is simple to get a travel document.

Appreciate your replies asap.

Many Thanks
I am assuming you have not received your PR card yet. If you have, tell your wife to FedEx it to you and then you can come back no problem.

2nd option: If you are in US or any other country which borders with Canada you can go by road in your own car by just showing your Passport and COPR.

3rd Option: Apply for travel documents

bhumyinder

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
I have not yet received the PR card because processing times are high at this moment. Now my question was if it is easy to get travel document and if it is a normal practice to ask for travel document and this is something people usually exercise. After landing in this month I was there for only 5 days and now I want to go back.

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
you need to wait for your PR cards to be mailed to the address you gave as your landed address in Canada and some need to then mail you your PR Card and you return to Canada you don't need to apply for any other document. That is why people should stay in Canada till they receive their PR Card before traveling out of Canada after they have landed for the first time. Hope this helps.