+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is existing TRV valid if we just get PR sponsorship approval and no one time VISA stamped ?

sakthim2k4

Jan 9, 2022
I applied for my parents PR (sponsorship) and received approval for the same recently. From IRCC we received an email to send my parents passport for VISA stamping (one time visa for landing) as they are currently outside of Canada.

We didn't submit their passport for one time visa stamping as my parents already planned to travel to Canada next week and don't have enough time to submit the passport and get a one time VISA to do PR landing (Due to Pandemic their processing time is longer than usual). We sent a request to IRCC to give us a couple of months to submit the passport.

Currently my parents are having a TRV (Temporary Residence Visa) which is valid till 2028, They are traveling to Canada next week via Abh Dhabi (Transit).

Our question now is whether their current TRV is still valid ? Can they travel with their existing TRV (which is valid till 2028) and complete their PR landing after coming to Canada ?

I raised this question with IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) on 23-Dec-2021 but there was no response from them. Also I have been trying to reach the IRCC tollfree helpline for the past couple of weeks but I am getting an automated voice message that they can't transfer calls to an agent due to the high volume of calls. We tried Monday to Friday, everyday and got the same response.

As they need to travel next week I desperately need help to get confirmation for traveling with their current TRV to avoid any deporting after arriving in Canada or in Abu Dhabi (Transit).

Your help on this urgent matter will be really helpful.