+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is DTDC courier a good choice from India?

happyenium

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Hi friends
My wife is going to send her application to me (Canada) from India this week. She is currently at my grandparents' place in a small town. Seems like the only good courier service the town has is DTDC.

Is DTDC a good courier choice to send from India to Canada? Have any of you guys used DTDC from India to Canada? What is your experience? I assume they give tracking number, and the package will be delivered in about a week or less.

Thanks

dbf1

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
By the Grace of God
The best courier service so far, that I know of is the WorldNet Express service with Post office. I've sent documents and other gifts through them like 4 times and they've never let me down for once. No delay, no stories. If your wife could make it to the nearest post office that offers the service, nothing like it. It's cheap also and they work with DHL. You track on the DHL website and DHL delivers it to you but you pay to World Net at Post office.

Hope this helps
happyenium said:
Hi friends
My wife is going to send her application to me (Canada) from India this week. She is currently at my grandparents' place in a small town. Seems like the only good courier service the town has is DTDC.

Is DTDC a good courier choice to send from India to Canada? Have any of you guys used DTDC from India to Canada? What is your experience? I assume they give tracking number, and the package will be delivered in about a week or less.

Thanks

happyenium

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Thanks for your reply.
WorldNet Express service with Indian Government managed Post office you mean?

I have never heard of the WorldNet Express service. Good to know that they ship through DHL, and provide a tracking number that can be tracked on DHL.

- How long it took for your package to be delivered typically when you use WorldNet Express service?
- Do you get to track on DHL only once the package comes to Canada? or from India itself? Did they tell you that the package can be tracked on DHL?

The last thing I want to do after using a courier/shipment service is to keep pondering and worrying which service they use in Canada, and not be able to track it.

Thank you again my friend for your reply.

Any inputs from others, friends?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
happyenium said:
Hi friends

Thanks
DTDC is fine from India. They actually have office in Canada so they can be contacted from here should you need to. The service time is pretty good as well. From India you can get a letter within 1 week comfortably.

dbf1

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
By the Grace of God
Hi happyenium,

It took 3 business days for my package to deliver, and I've used them thrice. You get to track them the next day after your parcel is booked.
You could track them on both the WorldNetExpress website and DHL. And since the service is from DHL, it is way faster and reliable compared to DTDC.

happyenium said:
Thanks for your reply.
WorldNet Express service with Indian Government managed Post office you mean?

I have never heard of the WorldNet Express service. Good to know that they ship through DHL, and provide a tracking number that can be tracked on DHL.

- How long it took for your package to be delivered typically when you use WorldNet Express service?
- Do you get to track on DHL only once the package comes to Canada? or from India itself? Did they tell you that the package can be tracked on DHL?

The last thing I want to do after using a courier/shipment service is to keep pondering and worrying which service they use in Canada, and not be able to track it.

Thank you again my friend for your reply.

Any inputs from others, friends?

happyenium

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Thank you friends for your response.

My wife used DTDC this week to send me the package. When I track it online, it shows the agent as "DHL EXPRESS". Apparently, DTDC is using DHL too.

annai

Apr 12, 2016
Yes for other references, DTDC does use partnered couriers like Speed Post, DHL TNT, e.t.c for international shipping. It can be sometimes unreliable in terms of delivery times. However it's track status feature is good.

amans2515

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
Started processing 13 June 2016
Med's Request
AOR 2: 22-06-2016
From my personal experience, I would say WorldNet Express service is best to get anything from India in reasonable time.

Reactions: sudy007

njay14

Dec 2, 2018
India
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
09-02-2019
Hi. I have a question about my WES. I am assuming that the tracking number that I have to provide in the WES portal to check the status of my transcripts and other supporting documents is the tracking number provided by the courier company. Is this correct? If so, I sent some additional documents from my end through dtdc courier. When I try to track this, it says that the tracking number length should be above 10. However, my tracking number has only 9 digits. What should I do?

vikaskendre

Jul 20, 2019
Hi. I have a question about my WES. I am assuming that the tracking number that I have to provide in the WES portal to check the status of my transcripts and other supporting documents is the tracking number provided by the courier company. Is this correct? If so, I sent some additional documents from my end through dtdc courier. When I try to track this, it says that the tracking number length should be above 10. However, my tracking number has only 9 digits. What should I do?
Did you receive any solution for this ? My university sent the transcript through DTDC. I am in a similar situation and I haven't received any response from WES. it's been over a week now.

Jan 4, 2022
I have sent the courier from Bangalore to Chennai on 29th December. It was supposed to be delivered on 31st December. However, still the package has not been delivered. I have sent multiple emails, called multiple times and raised online query.

They are not providing any solution to me. When I call to the dtdc customer care 73 0577 0577, abruptly they are disconnecting my call. Such an unprofessional behaviour. I made a blunder mistake by choosing this unethical delivery partner .