+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is CIO/CPC Sydney Nova Scotia processing PR applications

dpp

May 24, 2016
The only disappointment so far is the why not a single update from Sydney office ? NS has no case since last 3 weeks. Why they don't issues atleast AORs for new applicants after February?

huhushow

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
More than 20,000 people get infected everyday in the US., the US-CA border would never reopen in this situation, probably we gonna wait one year???
I can wait one more year to get PR but, it means they don't take biometrics in canada for a long time, so they don't get a new EE applicant who has no biometrics and they don't give new WP extent, so all paper base applicant should be a implied status?
is there an option to switch to EE for in-land paper base applicant?

HiThere$

Jun 26, 2020
I have just found a great news! I am sharing the entire article here!
The source of the news is here: https://www.theguardian.pe.ca/business/regional-business/majority-of-cape-breton-federal-government-employees-continue-to-work-from-home-for-now-466386/

Meanwhile, IRCC has also continued to manage its programs and services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Department spokesperson Nancy Caron said while most employees are currently working from home, some employees perform critical functions or services in which cannot be done or are not easily done through remote working arrangements.
We are working on a reintegration plan to safely return employees to offices across the country in a gradual, phased approach, she said. Our reintegration plan will be guided by advice from public health authorities, including Canada;s chief public health officer, and the direction of provinces and territories.”
Currently, there are 667 employees who work at the case processing centre in Sydney. The number of employees who are working remotely and in the office are expected to fluctuate daily.
Overall, Caron didn’t confirm how many employees were not currently working.
The Post has learned some workers are expected to return to the Sydney office on July 7 on a piloting project under new COVID-19 health and safety building requirements.
Information obtained by the Post says some employees working in the express entry, citizenship as well as data entry and scanning departments are expected back in the office on the date. However, only a certain number of people will be allowed in the building at a time.
No timeline was provided as to when all employees may be able to return to the office on a regular basis.

Reactions: bbjeon38

duster

Aug 13, 2011
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
March 22/2019
AOR Received.
May 8/ 2019
Med's Request
Sep 10/2019
Med's Done....
Sep 24/2019
They are not processing paper based pnp pr applications in Sydney NS.
Ref: Retrieved from http://openparliament.ca
Deputy Minister, Department of Citizenship and Immigration
Catrina Tapley
COVID-19 has impacted our processing times quite differently, depending on the lines of business.
For many in the temporary foreign worker lines of business, our processing times have actually improved during this period. For other parts of our application process, particularly those that are digital, we've seen improvements. However, for those that are paper-based, such as parents and grandparents and spousal applications, that is not the case. For those we've seen some further delays.
We are looking at the means by which we can address this. Part of it will involve physically moving our people back into the work site. We have started to do that in some of our case processing centres, where people can have access to those paper files, so that we can deal with some of the issues around wait times.

June 17th, 2020 / 12:55 p.m.
Catrina Tapley Deputy Minister, Department of Citizenship and Immigration
Currently about 71% or 72% of our employees are working either from home or in the workplace. The number working in the workplace is quite small, only about 2% or 3% of our employees.
We are now beginning the process of bringing people back into the work site and, as you can imagine, there are some challenges with that. It will be a while before we are all back at the work site, but we have identified priorities and we're bringing people back into those sites safely.
Thanks for sharing a valuable information.

kubrickian

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
I’m waiting for my citizenship certificate replacement which is also processed at CPC Sydney. Decision made since March 2020 but still haven’t received this. Does anyone have information if they are able to ship out these certificates already?

Sitrarose

Feb 5, 2021
Is CIO/CPC Sydney Nova Scotia processing paper based PR applications. The information in IRCC website is too generic and does clarify which inland immigration office is working or not. I think IRCC must inform the applicants as stakeholder through its website what exactly going on. Either inland case processing units are working or not. Ethically its very important to inform the applicants so they may plan their lives accordingly. Its better to share with them the reality than keeping and luring them blindfolded.
yeah, you are right the information is generic but maybe because of security reasons, In my case my application was online and I heard trough IRCC agent on the early phone calls on 2020 that mine has sent to Sydney office, still I am looking for my application after a year and months and I do not know where is it now.

Sitrarose

Feb 5, 2021
they still don't have the timeline of getting back to work in the office?
nothing was mentioned in that case on IRCC website, there was a statement about adding some staff to Sydney office but then again there was no update on that, I am not sure if they already increased the staff or not???!!!!
The issue is that, nothing is bolded on Canadian news all is about neighbor countries crisis. Even, reporters are not motivated to hear or ask about pr applicant concerns these days. nothing, nothing nothing!
And yes they are a large group of newbie applicants who are overwhelmed with the excitement of coming out of the pool very fast as the ranking system is lowered, they are still warm of happiness and soon they will experience our pain in their heart, very soon.

Sitrarose

Feb 5, 2021
The only disappointment so far is the why not a single update from Sydney office ? NS has no case since last 3 weeks. Why they don't issues atleast AORs for new applicants after February?
I am thinking same, I read that they already promised to add staff to Sydney office to speed up, but it seems it was just an statement

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
I am thinking same, I read that they already promised to add staff to Sydney office to speed up, but it seems it was just an statement
NS is in phase 3 as of now. Until they move to phase 4, I don't think the offices will be open. We just have to wait.

alex.lipscky

Oct 19, 2021
Hi everyone, my paper-based PR application has been delivered to CPC Sydney on December 22, 2020, and it's been almost 10 months I haven't heard anything and haven't yet received AOR from them. Not sure what to do and whom to call, please advise. Thank you.

jointhecommunity

Jan 15, 2020
Hi everyone, my paper-based PR application has been delivered to CPC Sydney on December 22, 2020, and it's been almost 10 months I haven't heard anything and haven't yet received AOR from them. Not sure what to do and whom to call, please advise. Thank you.
many people from october/november still didnt get it also....