+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is CIO/CPC Sydney Nova Scotia processing PR applications

Raj365

Aug 18, 2018
Absolutely nothing except a change/update I noticed in my application that Additional document - not required, earlier it was 'You don't need any additional document'. The AOR was in Oct 2019. It has been a long wait. Even got a re-medical request in Jan 2021, done in March 2021, but it has also not been updated in the application and still shows we have not received your medical results.
Not sure what to do. Any email id is there to contact CIO Sydney, Nova Scotia office? I tried CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry @ cic.gc.ca (of course without spaces) but delivery failed.

Stuart321

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Absolutely nothing except a change/update I noticed in my application that Additional document - not required, earlier it was 'You don't need any additional document'. The AOR was in Oct 2019. It has been a long wait. Even got a re-medical request in Jan 2021, done in March 2021, but it has also not been updated in the application and still shows we have not received your medical results.
Not sure what to do. Any email id is there to contact CIO Sydney, Nova Scotia office? I tried CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry @ cic.gc.ca (of course without spaces) but delivery failed.
Did you receive PPR yet? I'm still desperately waiting for remedical request. Seems like CIO Sydney goes far behind other vos in terms of clearing backlog?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Did you receive PPR yet? I'm still desperately waiting for remedical request. Seems like CIO Sydney goes far behind other vos in terms of clearing backlog?
If you are FSW, the applications are probably will be sent to other VOs. CIO processes mostly PNPs and sometimes CECs only.

Stuart321

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
If you are FSW, the applications are probably will be sent to other VOs. CIO processes mostly PNPs and sometimes CECs only.
I’m PNP.
Seems to me that CIO has already begun to issue COPr for those who submitted their applications later 2021, whereas there are a bunch of 2020 AOR applicants at Sydney office who are still waiting in dead silence:-(

Raj365

Aug 18, 2018
No, I didn't. My medical also got expired, so waiting for remedical request.
A question though - can't we just get the medical done and update IRCC via webform or is it mandatory to have the request generated from IRCC?

Stuart321

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
No, I didn't. My medical also got expired, so waiting for remedical request.
A question though - can't we just get the medical done and update IRCC via webform or is it mandatory to have the request generated from IRCC?
I guess you could. I see quite a few cases in which the applicates voluntarily did upfront remeds and then got their pprs. However not sure whether or not it's the upfront remeds that triggered the processing.

Raj365

Aug 18, 2018
I guess you could. I see quite a few cases in which the applicates voluntarily did upfront remeds and then got their pprs. However not sure whether or not it's the upfront remeds that triggered the processing.
Hmm...I called hospital to check on that and they said we can....I called IRCC to check, they said no until you get a request.
Not sure what we should do...
Moreover also wondering as how will hospital send the report to IRCC, if we don't have any IME number.

houzhou1988

Star Member
Nov 26, 2021
Is CIO Sydney very slow? Really? My AOR is Nov 17, 2022, and after two weeks my previous bio info linked to my application, but I have heard anything about my medical (also used the previous one). Any clue? Thanks!

jvcaunin

Feb 23, 2016
Is CIO Sydney very slow? Really? My AOR is Nov 17, 2022, and after two weeks my previous bio info linked to my application, but I have heard anything about my medical (also used the previous one). Any clue? Thanks!
How's the status of your application now? I also am AOR Nov 17, 2022 and also SVO Sydney. Still dead silence on my end.

jvcaunin

Feb 23, 2016
Eligibility in progress, security not started
Did you call IRCC? My Eligibility was Passed on January 27th and no update since then. Sydney SVO applicants are stuck with Background Check. Not sure on why they stopped processing applications recently.

houzhou1988

Star Member
Nov 26, 2021
Did you call IRCC? My Eligibility was Passed on January 27th and no update since then. Sydney SVO applicants are stuck with Background Check. Not sure on why they stopped processing applications recently.
I call them every week haha, I just called them today, my eligibility was recommended passed and info share in progress, security check not started. Hopefully I can get this all done by August.

RaccoonS

Apr 6, 2023
Hi )
Do you have any updates?
I’ve stuck with security check since March in the Sydney office :(

jvcaunin

Feb 23, 2016
Hi )
Do you have any updates?
I’ve stuck with security check since March in the Sydney office :(
Mine has been approved already. Here is my timeline after approval.

PR Card Timeline:
Portal Email #1:
May 8, 2023
Portal Email #2: May 9, 2023 (Submitted Photo)
eCoPR: May 17, 2023
PR Card Approved & Mailed: May 23, 2023
PR Card Received: May 25, 2023

VO: Etobicoke

Reactions: RaccoonS