+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is "change job" after applying citizenship a triage?

ecoyo

Jan 7, 2013
I changed job after sent in citizenship application. Do you think it will cause RQ? Do I need to report that to CIC?

How about taking a part time course (education) or become unemployed after apply?

Thanks.

ecoyo

Jan 7, 2013
Thanks for your input.

But I am just talking about "change job" after applying, not self -employed and travel. What do you think? A post test RQ?

So it prompts me to another question. Traveling after apply will cause post test RQ?

cit_izen

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
I just called cic for the same question and tjey said your employment status has no impact on your file...changing job or losing job. She was a great rep and answered everything as a matter of fact!

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ecoyo said:
Traveling after apply will cause post test RQ?
You need to contact CIC if you will be out of the country for two weeks or longer. It's hard to say definitively whether something will trigger an RQ or not, but PRs are allowed to travel. The issue is that one needs to maintain their PR residency obligation and inform the CIC so you don't get a test invite while you're gone.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
ecoyo said:
Thanks for your input.

But I am just talking about "change job" after applying, not self -employed and travel. What do you think? A post test RQ?

So it prompts me to another question. Traveling after apply will cause post test RQ?
What you do after your application shouldn't impact your file. But we don't know what CIC will do in any individual case.

ecoyo

Jan 7, 2013
Great advice.

Thank you so much!! So in theory, unemployment, travel, change job, school, after applying, should not be a triage impacting their evaluation of my application.

Great!

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
ecoyo said:
Great advice.

Thank you so much!! So in theory, unemployment, travel, change job, school, after applying, should not be a triage impacting their evaluation of my application.

Great!
They shouldn't, but we have heard stories of CIC issuing RQs to people with post-application travel, etc.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ecoyo said:
Thanks for your input.

Change job or travel for work after submitting should not be the cause of RQ.
My wife changed job and traveled after submitting, test and interview no problem.