+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Certification of Achievement program from Humber College worth?

navdeep.droid

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
I have 8 years of experience in software development and I am looking for 1 year certification programs. I have found a web development program at Humber college with 'Certification of Achievement' credential for 1year. Is this certification worth and would this able to get me 1 year PGWP? Please help thanks.

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
For a educational course to lead to a PGWP, the institution that administers the course needs to be a 'Designated Learning Institution DLI' (which is also required for a Study Pemit in the first place) and the program should be PGWP eligible. As far as I know, Humber is a DLI. Why don't you contact the International Student Desk and confirm with them (by email) if that particular course is PGWP eligible?

kaur9111

Oct 15, 2019
I have 8 years of experience in software development and I am looking for 1 year certification programs. I have found a web development program at Humber college with 'Certification of Achievement' credential for 1year. Is this certification worth and would this able to get me 1 year PGWP? Please help thanks.
Hey,

Is Web design and development certification worth it? any experience that you want to share?

kaur9111

Oct 15, 2019
If you already have experience then it wil be a good way to transition into the job market
Completed BTech and MTech in CSE and have 4 yrs of experience in IT industry.
Do u think I have a chance to get study visa for this program? And for PGWP after this?

meh.khurram

Jul 2, 2023
Hey,
just wanted to update this thread. I am Kaur9111.
I got study visa for this course in 2021 and then got PGWP for 1year and then it was extended.
glad to hear that, I am in IT as well, what are the job prospects, I have been a system admin and a network admin