+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is being self-employed a reason for rejection ?

Bablaa

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2015
I have 4.5 years of corporate sales experience in IT in last 10 years. I left corporate 5 years back due to my mother's illness and came back my to my native place. A year later, I registered a small proprietary broker firm in Real estate through which I did 2-3 medium size deals in 2014 and 2015. But due to slump in real estate in last 2 years my business slowed down, which compelled me to think about finding new pathways again. So I started my immigration application to Canada.
On 22nd Feb I received an ITA. I had hired a consultant who is now telling me that because I am self employed in last 4-5 years, my application might get less weightage as my corporate experience is just 4.5 years out of last 10 years and that self-employed files are generally rejected. I'm extremely confused and nervous whether I should advance my file and take the risk. Any which ways I don't have any option.
Does anyone has any idea as whether the self-employed applications are rejected? Or on what grounds they can reject such candidates ?
Any help / advice will be much appreciated ...

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Rubbish.

You only need 1 year of skilled work in the last 10 years. It could have been 8 years ago and it still counts.

Why do people still hire lawyers like this?? He' speaking out of his ass.

CIC ask that you prove any skilled work in the last 10 years. 4.5 years is even more than the 3 years that gets you the max CRS points in EE. You have more than enough. If I were you, sack him now, he's already showing his colours.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
There is a current processing time of 66 months for self employed candidates but self employment has also been included in EE so that will be 6 months.

There are a lot of things to prove as a self employed candidate. You would need preference letters work contracts and invoices to prove your duties, hours of work, remuneration, dates.

You can claim points for your experience in the last 10 years.

There is no such thing as less weightage self employed. As long as you follow the procedure and submit all your documents correctly, there is no reason for rejection.

Fire your consultant. There is a lot of info on this forum and many helpful people here.

Bablaa

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2015
Thanks a lot bros , now Im much relieved after talking to you guys...

I will start getting the reference letters from my clients straight away. does anyone of you have a format of such reference letter ?

Once again thanks a lot my homies ! :)

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Bablaa said:
Thanks a lot bros , now Im much relieved after talking to you guys...

I will start getting the reference letters from my clients straight away. does anyone of you have a format of such reference letter ?

Once again thanks a lot my homies ! :)
Just make sure it includes your services in full and matches the NOC duties list.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
I agree, if you were a legitimate company (Limited, sole etc ) theres no problem in proving that you have actually been working during that period....the only hassle is that you need more paperwork... this is my case as well... half of my 4 year experience I was a shareholder in my fathers company so worst case scenario I loose points for those 2 years.... but I will still try to come up with any document that proves my experience... if your consultant is pessimistic from the beginning and giving you false info then most likely because he/she doesnt trust himself/herself... no one should be directing you with that attitude.... just do it yourself or find some other person to work with...

Bablaa

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2015
kryt0n said:
Just make sure it includes your services in full and matches the NOC duties list.
Absolutely , thanks for the reminder bro

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
kryt0n said:
*Sigh* I'm a bro with boobs
Lol, i was about to say that kryt0n would be sis and not bro.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xpressentry said:
There is a current processing time of 66 months for self employed candidates but self employment has also been included in EE so that will be 6 months.

There are a lot of things to prove as a self employed candidate. You would need preference letters work contracts and invoices to prove your duties, hours of work, remuneration, dates.

You can claim points for your experience in the last 10 years.

There is no such thing as less weightage self employed. As long as you follow the procedure and submit all your documents correctly, there is no reason for rejection.

Fire your consultant. There is a lot of info on this forum and many helpful people here.

Hi, are you saying applicants with self employed work experience are treated differently from those with salaried ones and that the former ones take more processing time? Also is this applicable for FSW?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mukulabd said:
Hi, are you saying applicants with self employed work experience are treated differently from those with salaried ones and that the former ones take more processing time? Also is this applicable for FSW?
No, he/she is talking about the self-employed program.

There is no enough information to say that self-employed work experience results in longer processing times for FSW.

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
No, he/she is talking about the self-employed program.

There is no enough information to say that self-employed work experience results in longer processing times for FSW.
Oh I see. I got scared because I have a big chunk of that.

Bablaa

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2015
kryt0n said: