+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is being self-employed a reason for rejection ?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
thestunner316 said:
kryton back with a bang :)

application submitted now or not ? :)
This week :D we are so close it hurts. It's like getting closer to a black hole...everything looks blurry... That could also be the wine though

Zan*

Jan 8, 2020
I have 4.5 years of corporate sales experience in IT in last 10 years. I left corporate 5 years back due to my mother's illness and came back my to my native place. A year later, I registered a small proprietary broker firm in Real estate through which I did 2-3 medium size deals in 2014 and 2015. But due to slump in real estate in last 2 years my business slowed down, which compelled me to think about finding new pathways again. So I started my immigration application to Canada.
On 22nd Feb I received an ITA. I had hired a consultant who is now telling me that because I am self employed in last 4-5 years, my application might get less weightage as my corporate experience is just 4.5 years out of last 10 years and that self-employed files are generally rejected. I'm extremely confused and nervous whether I should advance my file and take the risk. Any which ways I don't have any option.
Does anyone has any idea as whether the self-employed applications are rejected? Or on what grounds they can reject such candidates ?
Any help / advice will be much appreciated ...
Hi, how did this work out for you? Was your PR application approved and are you in Canada now? I had a real estate/self-employed business too in between jobs.