+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is bank statement from local bank in UAE accepted as POF

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
hi all,

I am about to land insha ALLAH in 2 weeks time, i am concerned about the proof of fund i dont want to loose much since I am making short landing and wont use my funds during my short stay i just want to show that i have enough funds to complete my PR process , so can I show bank statement from my bank account in UAE dirham currency as proof of fund instead of traveller cheque or bank draft as i will loose alot in converting from dirham to $ and then from $ to diraham after returning.....

looking for ur valuable advises

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC's guide lines about proof of settlement funds from new skilled worker immigrants does not insist bank statements. Please read:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
wilson again thanks alot for ur first replies always,but there has been a number of cases where new immigrants showed the bank statement and IO accept it, I am fully aware of the CIC way for funds but if my question should been like how strict are they on following the listed way of funds on CIC website.are they flexible on accepting other ways of funds like bank statements

Abu Atif

Mar 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2012
Doc's Request.
All Sent along with package
Nomination.....
Funds deducted 18-04-2012
AOR Received.
PER received by email 24-04-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with package
File Transfer...
Insha Allaah
Med's Request
Insha Allaah
Med's Done....
Insha Allaah
Interview........
Insha Allaah
Passport Req..
Insha Allaah
VISA ISSUED...
Insha Allaah
LANDED..........
Insha Allaah
ramzy2277 said:
wilson again thanks alot for ur first replies always,but there has been a number of cases where new immigrants showed the bank statement and IO accept it, I am fully aware of the CIC way for funds but if my question should been like how strict are they on following the listed way of funds on CIC website.are they flexible on accepting other ways of funds like bank statements
Brother ramzy,

can you check you inbox, I have sent a message.

Thanks

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramzy2277 said:
Ramzy, welcome. The fact is that the situation depends on how the CBSA at your arriving airport in Canada deal with you. Some officers are very particular to follow the rules as directed by CIC, where as some are not. There are several occasions the CBSA does not even ask about the funds or how much money an immigrant is bringing. I don't know what is the consequence if some one fails to follow the rule.

RajeevPillai

Star Member
Jan 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2009
LANDED..........
15-04-2011
Its so easy to get a CAD draft from Dubai. Carry that and avoid all tensions :D

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Hi Rajeev,

Is it advisable to carry DD or TC, which one is better in terms rate , if any ?

If I am planning to land and comeback in 2 to 3 weeks ,will the DD be encashable ?

RajeevPillai said:
Its so easy to get a CAD draft from Dubai. Carry that and avoid all tensions :D