+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is AOR or nomination the point you don't need lmia anymore?? pLS READ

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hi we were just about to get our application in then AINP applications are put on hold until 2015!!

Can you help, when are you safe from not needing an lmia anymore? Is it when you get acknowledgement of reciept? Or nomination??. Husband is trucking alberta, can you guys please help with info on how long it is currently taking to get to the point of not needing lmia in alberta ??

We will only have one year left on our LMIA when our ainp app goes in??

Thank you :-(

lifeonedge

May 19, 2015
AB
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
Doc's Request.
all provided
Nomination.....
29-04-2015
AOR Received.
04-08-2015
IELTS Request
provided with application
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
In Canada since 2008
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
Hi Kate

If you get your AINP nomination, only then you would be LMIA exempt. If you have not applied for AINP, then you'd have to wait till 2016. Why don't you try Express Entry, as the points have been coming down? The latest was 454 points, if I am not mistaken.

Most people do not get it, but EE is all about how well you do in your IELTS tests. If you get 6 in one of the bands in your previous attempt but 7 in the rest 3, then you appear again for IELTS and get 7 in all bands, your score would increase dramatically. You can check CIC page, where you can put various scores in your IELTS results and check for your total EE score.

If you get AOR, (not the 1st electronic reply in EE) then you can apply for BOWP, if you have more than 4 months left on your current work permit.

I hope that helps.

Best wishes.

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
lifeonedge said:
Hi Kate

If you get your AINP nomination, only then you would be LMIA exempt. If you have not applied for AINP, then you'd have to wait till 2016. Why don't you try Express Entry, as the points have been coming down? The latest was 454 points, if I am not mistaken.

Most people do not get it, but EE is all about how well you do in your IELTS tests. If you get 6 in one of the bands in your previous attempt but 7 in the rest 3, then you appear again for IELTS and get 7 in all bands, your score would increase dramatically. You can check CIC page, where you can put various scores in your IELTS results and check for your total EE score.

If you get AOR, (not the 1st electronic reply in EE) then you can apply for BOWP, if you have more than 4 months left on your current work permit.

I hope that helps.

Best wishes.
Hey thanks so much for this seems I can't do ee, but when we can put our application in in January 2016 we Weill only have 1 left on lmia, do you think we'll get Aor quickly? Where in alberta? Thanks so much for ur help! And what are our options if we don't have 4 months left on wp

dhillonavjot

Jul 21, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kate8kate0 said:
Hey thanks so much for this seems I can't do ee, but when we can put our application in in January 2016 we Weill only have 1 left on lmia, do you think we'll get Aor quickly? Where in alberta? Thanks so much for ur help! And what are our options if we don't have 4 months left on wp
It is really nerve wracking to be in a situation like yours.Well it all depends on the rules applicable post Jan 2016.Let's hope AINP does not stop intake or limit it to a certain extent as that will surely jeopardize your chances of getting nominated.It all comes down to prayers.There is no hard and fast rule when it comes to AINP.Some of the applicants have been waiting since 2013.

Consult a lawyer if need be.It's better to spend 100-200$ on consultation rather than making choices off of posts on forums.