+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Address must for AINP ?

gsam

Dec 20, 2010
Hi,

I got my passport request today and I am planning land in Canada in February. But, I have a few questions - Can any one help me out on that ?

1. Should I have to land in Alberta ?
2. During landing process, should I have to give an address for communication only from alberta ? I have few friends in toronto and vancouver can I provide their address ?
3. I am going to Canada - just to get my PR for now, I will be moving there anyways but only by end of 2011. but my PR entry date is APRIL.

Please help me out on this. I found many postings but with varying experiences, but a standard definition will help.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
gsam said:
Hi,

I got my passport request today and I am planning land in Canada in February. But, I have a few questions - Can any one help me out on that ?

1. Should I have to land in Alberta ?
2. During landing process, should I have to give an address for communication only from alberta ? I have few friends in toronto and vancouver can I provide their address ?
3. I am going to Canada - just to get my PR for now, I will be moving there anyways but only by end of 2011. but my PR entry date is APRIL.

Please help me out on this. I found many postings but with varying experiences, but a standard definition will help.
There is no standard definition. What is important is that you should clearly demonstrate to the immigration officer your intent to settle down in Alberta; if he/she is not convinced your PR might be revoked. This is what the CIC bulletin states:

A permanent resident visa holder in the PN class seeking permanent resident status at a Port of Entry (POE) must therefore establish that they still intend to reside in the province/territory that has nominated them.

Individuals who indicate that they intend to proceed to and reside in the province/territory of nomination, and who meet the other requirements of the legislation, should be processed for permanent resident status.

Individuals who indicate that they never intended, or no longer intend, to reside in the nominating province/territory may be denied permanent resident status at the POE and may have an A44(1) report written against them.

1) If you land in Alberta, there is no ambiguity about your intentions. For ex, If you decided to say land in say Vancouver/Toronto, but you had a connecting flight to somewhere in Alberta, then it would demonstrate intent. But if you don't, then your intent is questionable.

2)Depends on the immigration officer; some have accepted addresses in Toronto etc; but there are others who have been turned away. So, do not take this lightly, and get an address in Alberta.

3) As long as you complete your landing formalities within the visa expiration date it should be fine, if this is what you are asking. However, remember, the next time you enter you need to have your PR card.

- c

gsam

Dec 20, 2010
Thank you so much for the Reply Chigirl. It makes all sense now and I have one more step in getting an address :(.

I have one more question.

I currently have a job in US, but I will definitely move to alberta by Nov 2011. But I will not be able stay in canada after the landing - I will go before the landing date only for PR and SIN card.
After the landing process, If I had to go back with out a PR card, how shall I re enter CANADA ? should I have to apply for another visa ?

Based on the INSTRUCTION GUIDE for APPLICATION OF PR.

It states I have to be in Canada to pick up my PR card, Is that Right ?. Many in the forum have highlighted the PR card is mailed to them.

Can you help me out in clarifying this ?

Thanks again.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
gsam said:
Thank you so much for the Reply Chigirl. It makes all sense now and I have one more step in getting an address :(.

I have one more question.

I currently have a job in US, but I will definitely move to alberta by Nov 2011. But I will not be able stay in canada after the landing - I will go before the landing date only for PR and SIN card.
After the landing process, If I had to go back with out a PR card, how shall I re enter CANADA ? should I have to apply for another visa ?

Based on the INSTRUCTION GUIDE for APPLICATION OF PR.

It states I have to be in Canada to pick up my PR card, Is that Right ?. Many in the forum have highlighted the PR card is mailed to them.

Can you help me out in clarifying this ?

Thanks again.

I would like to add to your previous question on address in Alberta. There are some in this forum who have also mentioned, that if they did not have an address in Alberta at the time of landing, they were given a form, and they had to fax or send this form once they had got an address. The PR card was then mailed to this address. But, yes, this address has to be in Canada only. I would like to emphasize, the issue of ambiguity, regarding the Alberta address during landing. Like I said before, it depends on the immigration officer. But, to be on the safer side, have an Alberta address when you land.

I have read if you do not have your PR card, you can use your COPR to enter, by land only. Please verify this information.

Other members please add to this, if you know better.

Thanks,
-c