+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is a Banking Advisor at RBC NOC 6235?

Sharma15

Aug 7, 2019
Hi friends,

I am also confused related to NOC. I am a credit analyst in the bank. The closest match with my duties is NOC 6235, in which 50% duties are matching, however, NOC 6235 is mainly focused on sales. I am working in a credit department and not dealing with customers in other words I am not doing any sales.

NOC 1232 Loan officers was the perfect match for me, but unfortunately that NOC does not exist any more and changed with NOC 6235 Financial Sales Representative.

I am expecting ITA in next draw, but worried about NOC.

Could anyone please help?
Hi, did you claim your experience under noc 6235 or 1232? I’m in a similar situation and was wondering which NOC would be the most appropriate

Nujaya

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
sri lanka
I was wondering whether the bank would supply all the required documenta for the PNP.

ANYONE GOT THE NOMINATION FOR 6235 THROUGH A BANK OR A CREDIT UNION. WHICH BANKS HAS SUPPORTED

Sharma15

Aug 7, 2019
I was wondering whether the bank would supply all the required documenta for the PNP.

ANYONE GOT THE NOMINATION FOR 6235 THROUGH A BANK OR A CREDIT UNION. WHICH BANKS HAS SUPPORTED
Express entry would be the best way. Unfortunately, you wouldn’t get all the documents required for PNP application

Sharma15

Aug 7, 2019
I chose NOC 6235, also got pr...

NOC 1232 is anyways not valid and replaced with 6235.
My position got changed from FSR to a credit Assistant which still falls under Level 04 jobs. Would I still be able to claim experience under noc 6235?

Emeron87

Nov 5, 2019
I Too have worked as a CSR for a cooperative Bank and I was into branch banking and sales of financial products most of my duties match in NOC 6235 but I was at a clerical position in my bank for 3 years while I carried out these duties, would I Still be eligible for PR? If no then what other alternatives can I choose to pursue.

aaa_y

Sep 29, 2020
Hey Guys,

Just wanted you to know my brother used his experience as a Banking Advisor at RBC (Call-center) , and his PR was just approved under NOC 6235.

His duties are the exact same as the original posters

• Responding to personal and business clients with professional and accurate service for their everyday banking transaction needs in the RBC Advice Centre.
• Opening new personal accounts for personal clients.
• Providing access to ATMs, telephone banking, and online banking services for both personal and business clients.
• Reviewing and updating personal credit and loan documentation for records maintenance.
• Identifying delinquent loans, credit cards, credit cards, credit lines, or mortgages (over 16 days) and referring clients to Collections.
• Looking for opportunities to offer additional advice beyond the immediate need, and referring clients to the appropriate RBC partner/alternative channel in an effective and efficient manner.
• Assisting clients by proposing solutions to address financial objectives such as debt management, investment and other financial goals. Briefly introducing investment and credit products to meet clients' financial needs. Referring clients to the appropriate advisors.
• Promoting the sale of deposit, investment, credit, and loan products and services.
• Submitting pre-approved overdraft protection and pre-approved credit card applications.
• Championing digital enablement by becoming an advocate of the RBC mobile application and wallet, and by promoting regular usage by teaching and guiding clients on how to use it. Staying informed on all new features and digital application capabilities on the RBC mobile application and wallet in order to educate clients on ease of use and ensure clients leave activated, able to transact, and aware of availability of additional support.

I just thought to update y'all in case anyone needed it in the future. I sure would have liked an update :)
hey! does your brother's banking advisor position in RBC need to handle mutual funds? do you by chance know if TD/BMO's PBA position fall under noc 6235? As they dont handle the investment parts, but all other duties are matching ... so confused now :(

Kavita Patel

Dec 9, 2019
Hello,

I am very concerned about my application. My lawyer is not sure about my position if it falls under NOC B. My position is Banking advisor at RBC. The job duties are:

• Proactively engage with clients in all areas of the branch and in the community, uncovering banking needs, providing help and advice, as well as identifying sales and referral opportunities
  • Focus on client education and demonstration, leveraging technology to deliver a memorable client experience, drive sales, and retain business
  • Respond to client-initiated contact, assisting them with a full range of financial transactions
  • Actively listen and engage clients in conversation to further understand their individual needs
  • Proactively take ownership of resolving and preventing client banking problems
  • Cultivate and maintain relationships with partners to make the most of business opportunities and referrals
Can someone please guide me which noc code this job falls under?
Your answer will be really helpful for me.
Thank you.
Kavita Patel

Reactions: Miracle2018

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

I am very concerned about my application. My lawyer is not sure about my position if it falls under NOC B. My position is Banking advisor at RBC. The job duties are:

• Proactively engage with clients in all areas of the branch and in the community, uncovering banking needs, providing help and advice, as well as identifying sales and referral opportunities
  • Focus on client education and demonstration, leveraging technology to deliver a memorable client experience, drive sales, and retain business
  • Respond to client-initiated contact, assisting them with a full range of financial transactions
  • Actively listen and engage clients in conversation to further understand their individual needs
  • Proactively take ownership of resolving and preventing client banking problems
  • Cultivate and maintain relationships with partners to make the most of business opportunities and referrals
Can someone please guide me which noc code this job falls under?
Your answer will be really helpful for me.
Thank you.
Kavita Patel
Are you a bank teller or do you open bank accounts/prepare loan applications?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm responsible for opening personal and non personal accounts. I'll also help customer to open online bank accounts and assist them with credit products
Your job duties make no mention of being responsible for opening accounts. Have your employer add this to your employment letter. Your NOC isn’t really 6235. Read through the NOC.

Mar 8, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I am planning to submit my profile on this week. Can you, please, share your opinion about my case? Maybe, I can write something specific in the Explanation letter to support my application?

@scylla may you advice me something, please?

Thank you for your time and have a great week!
Hey Your PR got approved?