+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is a Banking Advisor at RBC NOC 6235?

MRMM

Mar 19, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I would like to ask your opinion about my job duties and NOC code. I am a Banking Advisor at RBC (Call-center) and, recently, received my employment letter that is aligned with NOC 6235, but does not have all required duties in it. I already met a lawyer and he said that he will not help me with Express Entry application, because he considers it risky. Please, share with me your opinion and thank you in advance!

My duties:

As an Advice Centre Banking Advisor, Applicant is primarily responsible for executing the service experience by providing advice, resulting in selling RBC's products and services to personal clients. More specifically, the duties of the AC Banking Advisor position include but are not limited to:

• Responding to personal and business clients with professional and accurate service for their everyday banking transaction needs in the RBC Advice Centre.
• Opening new personal accounts for personal clients.
• Providing access to ATMs, telephone banking, and online banking services for both personal and business clients.
• Reviewing and updating personal credit and loan documentation for records maintenance.
• Identifying delinquent loans, credit cards, credit cards, credit lines, or mortgages (over 16 days) and referring clients to Collections.
• Looking for opportunities to offer additional advice beyond the immediate need, and referring clients to the appropriate RBC partner/alternative channel in an effective and efficient manner.
• Assisting clients by proposing solutions to address financial objectives such as debt management, investment and other financial goals. Briefly introducing investment and credit products to meet clients' financial needs. Referring clients to the appropriate advisors.
• Promoting the sale of deposit, investment, credit, and loan products and services.
• Submitting pre-approved overdraft protection and pre-approved credit card applications.
• Championing digital enablement by becoming an advocate of the RBC mobile application and wallet, and by promoting regular usage by teaching and guiding clients on how to use it. Staying informed on all new features and digital application capabilities on the RBC mobile application and wallet in order to educate clients on ease of use and ensure clients leave activated, able to transact, and aware of availability of additional support.

NOC 6235:

Financial sales representatives perform some or all of the following duties:

•Open new personal and non-personal accounts, and provide access to automated banking machine, telephone banking and online banking services
•Interview applicants for personal, mortgage, student and business loans
•Promote the sale of deposit, investment, credit and loan products and services
•Assist clients by proposing solutions to address financial objectives such as business expansion, debt management, investment and other financial goals
•Research and evaluate loan applicant's financial status, references, credit and ability to repay the loan
•Complete credit and loan documentation
•Submit credit and loan applications to branch or credit manager with recommendations for approval or rejection; or approve or reject applications within authorized limits ensuring that credit standards of the institution are respected
•Prepare statements on delinquent accounts and forward irreconcilable accounts for collector action
•Review and update credit and loan files
•Act as joint custodian for cash and securities.

zeebah

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Hey MRMM,

The reason the lawyer thinks it's risky is because it could be determined that your job falls under NOC 6551

Customer service representatives in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
  • Process customer cash deposits and withdrawals, cheques, transfers, bills and credit card payments, money orders, certified cheques and other related banking transactions
  • Obtain and process information required for the provision of services, such as opening accounts and savings plans and purchasing bonds
  • Sell travellers' cheques, foreign currency and money orders
  • Answer enquiries and resolve problems or discrepancies concerning customers' accounts
  • Inform customers of available banking products and services to address their needs.

However I know people who have gotten their PRs and are/were banking advisors, and I know of people who got rejected because their job was deemed to fall under NOC 6551.

Bear in mind, you do not have to perform all the duties for the NOC code.

Have you tried reaching out to HR to ask them for the NOC code? Sometimes HR is very knowledgeable about these things. I just got my PR approved and my HR consultant was very helpful during the process. She had written scores of letters in the past for PR applicants.

How long have you worked in this position?

MRMM

Mar 19, 2018
Hey MRMM,

The reason the lawyer thinks it's risky is because it could be determined that your job falls under NOC 6551

Customer service representatives in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
  • Process customer cash deposits and withdrawals, cheques, transfers, bills and credit card payments, money orders, certified cheques and other related banking transactions
  • Obtain and process information required for the provision of services, such as opening accounts and savings plans and purchasing bonds
  • Sell travellers' cheques, foreign currency and money orders
  • Answer enquiries and resolve problems or discrepancies concerning customers' accounts
  • Inform customers of available banking products and services to address their needs.

However I know people who have gotten their PRs and are/were banking advisors, and I know of people who got rejected because their job was deemed to fall under NOC 6551.

Bear in mind, you do not have to perform all the duties for the NOC code.

Have you tried reaching out to HR to ask them for the NOC code? Sometimes HR is very knowledgeable about these things. I just got my PR approved and my HR consultant was very helpful during the process. She had written scores of letters in the past for PR applicants.

How long have you worked in this position?
Hello zeebah,

Thank you for your answer. I appreciate it.

I spent right over 1 year in this position. My HR added all possible duties for this position and isn't able to make any further adjustments, as well as name NOC code.

Personally, I consider it more in 6235 then 6551 because:
1) 6551 is focused on servicing, 6235 is focused more on sales.
2) My position involves sales of financial products (overdrafts, accounts etc) and promotions. 6551, for example, says about collecting documents for opening accounts, but opening accounts.
3) Duties are aligned with 6235 NOC in general, but lack Credit Risk duties. Does all 30 positions under this NOC have to be involved in credit risk?

Thank you for your thoughts.

zeebah

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Hello zeebah,

Thank you for your answer. I appreciate it.

I spent right over 1 year in this position. My HR added all possible duties for this position and isn't able to make any further adjustments, as well as name NOC code.

Personally, I consider it more in 6235 then 6551 because:
1) 6551 is focused on servicing, 6235 is focused more on sales.
2) My position involves sales of financial products (overdrafts, accounts etc) and promotions. 6551, for example, says about collecting documents for opening accounts, but opening accounts.
3) Duties are aligned with 6235 NOC in general, but lack Credit Risk duties. Does all 30 positions under this NOC have to be involved in credit risk?

Thank you for your thoughts.
You are welcome.

The duties listed in NOC 6235 below are some of your duties as well.
Promote the sale of deposit, investment, credit and loan products and services
Open new personal and non-personal accounts
Assist clients by proposing solutions to address financial objectives such as business expansion, debt management, investment and other financial goals.

You're the one who does the job, so if you strongly believe that you are more aligned with 6235, I would say apply under 6235. 6551 is not eligible anyway, so why not apply under 6235. You already have the 1 year experience, so the only thing you have to lose is money.

Remember the duties listed on the NOC page is not exhaustive and is more like a guide. When I applied, I only had 2 of the 6/7 duties listed but I was confident my job falls under the NOC I selected.

So, it really is up to you. Meanwhile, you should create your profile if you haven't already

MRMM

Mar 19, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I am planning to submit my profile on this week. Can you, please, share your opinion about my case? Maybe, I can write something specific in the Explanation letter to support my application?

@scylla may you advice me something, please?

Thank you for your time and have a great week!

Newbieme

Aug 14, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I am planning to submit my profile on this week. Can you, please, share your opinion about my case? Maybe, I can write something specific in the Explanation letter to support my application?

Hi MRMM,

I'm in a similar situation as you. Same duties but without the pre-approved overdraft and credit card and my manager is not willing to include more duties.

Im also worried using the letter but i have no choice as thats all im able to get.

How did your application go? Was your permanent residency approved?

zeebah

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Hey! How did your application go?

Asad H

Star Member
Nov 5, 2017
Hi friends,

I am also confused related to NOC. I am a credit analyst in the bank. The closest match with my duties is NOC 6235, in which 50% duties are matching, however, NOC 6235 is mainly focused on sales. I am working in a credit department and not dealing with customers in other words I am not doing any sales.

NOC 1232 Loan officers was the perfect match for me, but unfortunately that NOC does not exist any more and changed with NOC 6235 Financial Sales Representative.

I am expecting ITA in next draw, but worried about NOC.

Could anyone please help?

chirkut

May 26, 2019
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-10-2019
IELTS Request
L: 8.5,R: 7, W: 7, S: 8.5
Hi friends,

I am also confused related to NOC. I am a credit analyst in the bank. The closest match with my duties is NOC 6235, in which 50% duties are matching, however, NOC 6235 is mainly focused on sales. I am working in a credit department and not dealing with customers in other words I am not doing any sales.

NOC 1232 Loan officers was the perfect match for me, but unfortunately that NOC does not exist any more and changed with NOC 6235 Financial Sales Representative.

I am expecting ITA in next draw, but worried about NOC.

Could anyone please help?

Hey did you get your PR?

zeebah

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Hey Guys,

Just wanted you to know my brother used his experience as a Banking Advisor at RBC (Call-center) , and his PR was just approved under NOC 6235.

His duties are the exact same as the original posters

• Responding to personal and business clients with professional and accurate service for their everyday banking transaction needs in the RBC Advice Centre.
• Opening new personal accounts for personal clients.
• Providing access to ATMs, telephone banking, and online banking services for both personal and business clients.
• Reviewing and updating personal credit and loan documentation for records maintenance.
• Identifying delinquent loans, credit cards, credit cards, credit lines, or mortgages (over 16 days) and referring clients to Collections.
• Looking for opportunities to offer additional advice beyond the immediate need, and referring clients to the appropriate RBC partner/alternative channel in an effective and efficient manner.
• Assisting clients by proposing solutions to address financial objectives such as debt management, investment and other financial goals. Briefly introducing investment and credit products to meet clients' financial needs. Referring clients to the appropriate advisors.
• Promoting the sale of deposit, investment, credit, and loan products and services.
• Submitting pre-approved overdraft protection and pre-approved credit card applications.
• Championing digital enablement by becoming an advocate of the RBC mobile application and wallet, and by promoting regular usage by teaching and guiding clients on how to use it. Staying informed on all new features and digital application capabilities on the RBC mobile application and wallet in order to educate clients on ease of use and ensure clients leave activated, able to transact, and aware of availability of additional support.

I just thought to update y'all in case anyone needed it in the future. I sure would have liked an update :)

navi5

Star Member
Dec 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Hello, I would like to know if Customer Service Representative, RBC Advice Centre role qualifies for NOC B or not. It is a call center position. It is a banking advisor role but the job title states Customer Service Representative. The job duties include:

-Proactively engage with RBC clients through various communication channels to deliver an outstanding customer service experience, making every
client interaction an exceptional one
-Focus on helping clients when they need us most, by responding empathetically to a variety of questions, assisting with a myriad of banking
solutions and resolving client concerns at first point of contact
-Contribute to team results by supporting all colleagues to be successful in meeting client needs
-Cultivate and maintain relationships with partners to work as one RBC team
-Manage risks by adhering to compliance routines, processes, and controls to protect client and shareholder interests
-Educate and assist clients with using RBC digital capabilities

Thank You

Vanessaeko

Star Member
Jun 1, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Please I would like to ask your opinion about my job duties and NOC code. I am a Finance and Administrative officer in an Aviation and travel management company which is a subsidiary of an Engineering company.Please, share with me your opinion and thank you in advance! I am not certain if it's 1114 or 1311 or 1434 OR 1111....or any other

Finance & Administration officer:
· Daily accounting and reporting of client transactions and company expenses which include receivables and payables.
· Weekly and monthly preparation of financial report on sales, expenses and other financial activities of both subsidiaries with maintenance of an invoice tracking and ageing schedule to follow up with finished jobs and receivables.
· Monthly compilation and preparation of income statement provided for financial analysis by group accounting department.
· Preparation of reconciliation statements tendered to group Accountant and Chief Financial Officers.
· Preparation of monthly VAT on transactions and commissions to be remitted by group accountant.
· Preparation of customer statement of accounts, bills, invoices and remittance advice for each transaction with reconciliation of expenses to the general ledger.
· Ensure submission of invoices on a timely basis and follow up on invoice payments by calls, emails and regular visits to clients to verify status of delinquent accounts and solicit payments on overdue accounts.
· Drafting of Contract letters for parastatals (government agencies) or regulatory agencies and composing introduction letters for corporate clients.
· Coordination of meetings with business partners or clients for proposals and review of existing contracts.
· End of year preparation of financial summary and participation in end of year cash count with external auditors.
· Processing of Default Insurance Policy for travel subsidiary and aircraft insurance for aviation subsidiary.
· Perform all other activities that are required on a routine or non-routine basis by the Chief Operating Officer of both subsidiaries and the Group Chief Financial Officers.
· Monthly verification of accurate salary staff payment and appropriate staff loan deductions.
· Fraud detection and prevention by audit control of daily performed tasks through billing & settlement software.
· Formulating budgetary allocations and monitoring compliance with budget plans.
· Provide other support services which include advertisement management and website content editing.