+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is a 7 month diploma equal to a year?

Nisa2017

Nov 16, 2017
Hi Friends,
I hope you can help me out with an answer to this question. I completed a diploma starting from March 14 ending on October 20. The program took approximately 8 months to finish. But it is advertised as a 7 month diploma on the college website. Would this program be equal to a 1 year program. I am trying to update this info on my express entry profile.
Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Hi Friends,
I hope you can help me out with an answer to this question. I completed a diploma starting from March 14 ending on October 20. The program took approximately 8 months to finish. But it is advertised as a 7 month diploma on the college website. Would this program be equal to a 1 year program. I am trying to update this info on my express entry profile.
Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.
You have mentioned yourself that it has been marked as a 7 months diploma by college and I am pretty sure the certificate will be awarded as so. Then how can you justify 7 months equal to 12 months?

Nisa2017

Nov 16, 2017
You have mentioned yourself that it has been marked as a 7 months diploma by college and I am pretty sure the certificate will be awarded as so. Then how can you justify 7 months equal to 12 months?
Hi thank you for your response.I was confused because a one year academic program is about 8 months in duration. My program took about roughly the same time so that' why I assumed that it may be equal to a 1 year program.

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Hi thank you for your response.I was confused because a one year academic program is about 8 months in duration. My program took about roughly the same time so that' why I assumed that it may be equal to a 1 year program.
If your college/university has specifically mentioned it as 7 months or will write it on the diploma certificate then I am afraid it will be counted as 7 months only and not 1 year.

Nisa2017

Nov 16, 2017
If your college/university has specifically mentioned it as 7 months or will write it on the diploma certificate then I am afraid it will be counted as 7 months only and not 1 year.
It is not mentioned as 7 month on the certificate. Only the diploma and the duration which was from March to October. It was mentioned as a 7 month program on their website. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my query