+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Irish - Need help with IEC 2012 PLEASE!!

saramurphy12

Feb 3, 2012
Hi,

I have been calling and searching everywhere for these answers but I am having no luck, can someone PLEASE help!

I am currently filling out my applications for the IEC working holiday program. (I am Irish, and applying from Canada for the second time)
Unfortunately, I have found it can be very contradicting/confusing.

1. In the "step by step application guide", it asks for 2 sets of documents. it gives 9 steps within the 2 sets, but then under "submitting application package" it asks to "please arrange your documents as indicated in the first and second sets of documents (steps 1-8)"

2. In the "step by step application guide", under the "important reminders from the visa section", Section C states "read the CIC instruction guide very carefully".... Upon reading this, it asks for many other forms that are not mentioned in the initial "step-by-step application guide" such as :

-Document Checklist (IMM 5488)
-Schedule 1 ─ Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM 5257 ─ Schedule 1)
-Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union (IMM 5409)
-Use of a Representative (IMM 5476)

3. In the "Document Checklist", it doesn't have the "Declarations Form", which is the first thing on the list in the "step by step application guide".

Finally, in the "step by step application", it asks that you mail your application and mentions nothing about the fees. But in the "CIC instruction guide", its says "fees must be included with the application". When applying last year, I did not pay the fees until I received the conditional acceptance email.

Can anyone please advise which set we are to follow??

Your help/advice is much appreciated.

Cheers!!

Sarah

gaz2012

Feb 8, 2012
Hey, I ran into this problem today when double checking my application. I'm a UK citizen but the IMM 5257 ─ Schedule 1, IMM 5409, IMM 5476 and IMM 5488 all appear in our guide but not on the initial checklist. I'm already in Canada on my first IEC visa so I'll call cic in the morning and find out exactly which documents are needed. I'll ask if its the same for Irish applications at the same time. I'll update tomorrow.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Hey

You put the papers in order as they say.. go from top and down.

1st set of documents (IEC criteria):

IEC Application and Declarations form | PDF (1.3 MB); Instruction Guide, * ;

A legible photocopy of the identification pages of your passport (family names, given name(s), date and place of birth, passport's issue and expiry dates). Your passport must be valid for a minimum of 12 months plus the processing time plus one day posted on our website. If you need to renew your passport in order to meet this requirement, you must do so before submitting your application. Do not send your original passport. There must be one completely blank page, other than the last page, available in your passport.

you see what i mean? so put all 1st set of documents together taking IEC application and declaration form first and lay it on top and go down from there. I stapled them together too to keep them in order and put them in a plastic folder and then do the same thing with the 2nd set of documents (they have to be seperate but sent in the same envelope)

Hope i didn't make it too confusing for you :)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Line.a said:
Hey

You put the papers in order as they say.. go from top and down.

1st set of documents (IEC criteria):

IEC Application and Declarations form | PDF (1.3 MB); Instruction Guide, * ;

A legible photocopy of the identification pages of your passport (family names, given name(s), date and place of birth, passport's issue and expiry dates). Your passport must be valid for a minimum of 12 months plus the processing time plus one day posted on our website. If you need to renew your passport in order to meet this requirement, you must do so before submitting your application. Do not send your original passport. There must be one completely blank page, other than the last page, available in your passport.

you see what i mean? so put all 1st set of documents together taking IEC application and declaration form first and lay it on top and go down from there. I stapled them together too to keep them in order and put them in a plastic folder and then do the same thing with the 2nd set of documents (they have to be seperate but sent in the same envelope)

Hope i didn't make it too confusing for you :)
The fees are on this page for the United Kingdom

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/experience_canada_experience/fees-frais.aspx?view=d

There's a more detailed site on the IEC webpage

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5487ETOC.asp#5487E4

Read it through and you'll see you'll need to contact the visa office in London so go on their webpage and either call them or e-mail them.
That seems odd though.. on my IEC for Denmark it said directly on the webpage and was easier.

I hope this helps! :)
I found it really confusing but don't forget when you pay the fee which says on the link i've given you it has to be EXACTLY that amount. Ask your bank to send/give you a receipt for it once you've paid for it!

gaz2012

Feb 8, 2012
I tried calling cic 3 times today but couldnt get through. If you read the top of the guide it looks like its a general one for all work permit applications and not specific to the IEC program. I'm going to assume that the IEC application does not need to contain them and that it only requires the documents on the IEC website.

mac102

Jun 21, 2012
Hi,

Does any one have a copy of the iec declaration checklist as i didn't send it with my visa and i need it now but it's no longer on the website