+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC WINNIPEG- PNP Paper-based >>Lets Connect Here

Jhegel

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hi guys,
I checked this forum a few times for information and I’d like to give you an update and some hope.
I am a MPNP applicant, file transferred to Winnipeg and no spouse added. After a looong time waiting we got the email with final interview date yesterday!!
AOR was April 11, 2018
Good luck everyone!
OMG congratulations
U know m waiting for it, my AOR is Sept 14 2018, no spouse added. I am also an MPNP applicant and my file transferred to Winnipeg local office after medical! Which was June 3 2019. M in too much stress! U know how much it is finger crossed and waiting.. I called CIC a couple of times they saying eligibility checking going on, background checking going on.
In-between I applied for a BOWP last year July 29, mine was expired Aug 6, 2019. U won't believe I am still waiting for my work permit it's been 9 months now i don't know what to do! I have no idea y it's taking a long long time!!

Jhegel

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
It doesn't make sense. My process was already delayed a lot. But now they gonna say it will be delayed more because of Corona virus. WTF. If they want to say like that, they had to make it in time. I am really wondering if there is person who is working in Winnipeg office or not. I am so sad and angry about this situation..
What's ur timeline? Did they mention the corona will affect the process? I too believe it definitely affects our applications! It's a very very bad situation we are in now.
When was ur medical? Does anyone know if it takes too long do we need to take medical again? My medical was last year June 2019! Please reply!!

Jhegel

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hey guys, I got ghost update today or yesterday, (I guess it happend on yesterday because Im pretty sure cic dont work today.) I don't know what's that means on transferred applications, I havent got adr yet. Timeline:
application received 2017 Dec
informed marriage(not add on) 2018 Sep
first med 2019 Feb
file transferred to Winnipeg 2019 May
ghost update 2020 March 6 or 7
So u didn't add ur spouse? Glad that u got an update which means someone doing their job in Winnipeg office! My file also in the Winnipeg office! Thanks for ur update !!

Jhegel

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hi there,
I have some questions if anyone can help me that will be highly appreciated!!! I am an inland pnp applicant. AOR September 14
Medical received June 2019, file sent to Winnipeg local office in August. After that no response!! I got married a person who is from Ontario. And I update my marital status with CIC. Does it gonna affect my application in a negative way?? He is permanent resident. He is a software professional and didn’t get any job in Winnipeg so he temporarily staying there. But we have a future plan to stay in Winnipeg permanently.
Sorry it’s bit long... my friend told me before my marriage, there is a chance to get rejection as they doubt I won’t be be stay here in Manitoba if I married someone from other province. How true is it ?? How can I convince them? Any idea ? My estimated completion was March 14. I don’t know why my application taking too long and now worrying can my update take me back again ? Plz help !!

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Hi there,
I have some questions if anyone can help me that will be highly appreciated!!! I am an inland pnp applicant. AOR September 14
Medical received June 2019, file sent to Winnipeg local office in August. After that no response!! I got married a person who is from Ontario. And I update my marital status with CIC. Does it gonna affect my application in a negative way?? He is permanent resident. He is a software professional and didn’t get any job in Winnipeg so he temporarily staying there. But we have a future plan to stay in Winnipeg permanently.
Sorry it’s bit long... my friend told me before my marriage, there is a chance to get rejection as they doubt I won’t be be stay here in Manitoba if I married someone from other province. How true is it ?? How can I convince them? Any idea ? My estimated completion was March 14. I don’t know why my application taking too long and now worrying can my update take me back again ? Plz help !!
I highly doubt it. I think it is MPNP responsibility to determine eligibility that if a person has stronger ties to Manitoba or other province and based on that they approve your Nomination letter, which you have it already. the federal part is more concerned about eligibility to enter in Canada and for that, they run your criminality and security and other docs verification checks.

Unless you moved to the other province and MPNP finds out, then they could revoke their nomination letter...other than that, don't worry about it. Still check with experts.

Have you updated MPNP with your marital status change as well?

Reactions: Jhegel

Jhegel

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
I highly doubt it. I think it is MPNP responsibility to determine eligibility that if a person has stronger ties to Manitoba or other province and based on that they approve your Nomination letter, which you have it already. the federal part is more concerned about eligibility to enter in Canada and for that, they run your criminality and security and other docs verification checks.

Unless you moved to the other province and MPNP finds out, then they could revoke their nomination letter...other than that, don't worry about it. Still check with experts.

Have you updated MPNP with your marital status change as well?
Hi, thanks for ur valuable input! Highly appreciated!! No, I didn't update my marital status with MPNP as it didn't come into my mind. I thought I only need to update it with CIC. But I called and asked the PNP office about it, then I got a very bad response from a lady. She was asking me Y did I apply for PNP if you marrying someone from another province. I said I have no idea at the time when I applied for PR as it is an arranged marriage. Then she asked me to send an email in detail but I didn’t send anything . I don’t know m still confused some one saying it’s not good for my PR and someone saying it’s just Okay !!!

Jbn

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Category........
PNP
Hello guys,
I lost my job today cos of covid 19 n I already applied for my spouse open work permit n didn’t get decision on that yet. N also waiting for PPR from one year after adding spouse.
My questions are:-
1) as i lost my job, do my spouse open work permit will be refused because of that ?
2) will this effect on PR application ?
Thanks in advance

carmsz

Oct 15, 2016
hi guys,

finally, 23 months of waiting is over.... my timeline....

my timeline: (principal applicant + 1 dependent(spouse)
currently, holding closed work permit, spouse holding open work permit
Inland applicant - paper based - application initially sent to Sydney, Nova Scotia
AR: May 4 2018
AOR: July 20 2018
Upfront medical exam submitted results for both: March 01, 2019
Application sent to Winnipeg Local Visa Office: April 18 2019
Received by Winnipeg Local Visa Office: April 30 2019
Medical exam passed: December 2, 2019
ADR: December 2 2019 (schedule A and travel history for both, principal applicants T4, pay stubs, bank statements)
called cic almost every week: same response - background check started, specifically criminality check, eligibility on process, security check not started yet - and was told that security check will be done by a third party)
March 11 2020 received PRE ARRIVAL LETTER
April 7 2020 - received an email from IRCC officer for a phone interview
April 9, 2020 - phone interview at 2pm (10 mins of talk) - confirmation of permanent resident mailed to us (since visa office are closed due to covid crisis)
April 14 - received COPR by expressmail (friday and monday are both holidays) just needed to sign and initial and send back to visa office with passport and picture
April 16 - finally, PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS - and received all necessary documents. Officer sent me an email to wait for the PR Card in the next few weeks.

Thank you for all your help guys. Have faith always. Good luck to everyone

Zzoya

Feb 19, 2020
hi guys,

Inland applicant - paper based - application initially sent to Sydney, Nova Scotia
ADR: December 2 2019 (schedule A and travel history for both, principal applicants T4, pay stubs, bank statements)
called cic almost every week: same response - background check started, specifically criminality check, eligibility on process, security check not started yet - and was told that security check will be done by a third party)
April 9, 2020 - phone interview at 2pm (10 mins of talk) - confirmation of permanent resident mailed to us (since visa office are closed due to covid crisis)
April 14 - received COPR by expressmail (friday and monday are both holidays) just needed to sign and initial and send back to visa office with passport and picture
April 16 - finally, PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS - and received all necessary documents. Officer sent me an email to wait for the PR Card in the next few weeks.

Thank you for the update!!! Congratulations!

Reactions: assen89

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
hi guys,

Congratulations bud.

Reactions: assen89