+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC VANCOUVER

Rhezie

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Well, my interview was pretty frustrating. The agent was polite and professional, but they requested additional documentation that I actually live in Canada. I have very few border crossings, all to the US, so my passport is devoid of stamps. I am hundreds of days over the residency threshold so the whole thing is puzzling.

I am expecting a long wait for my citizenship at this point and I am trying not to take it personally.
That is puzzling. Did you hear back from them after you submitted additional documents?

Acorn450

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
That is puzzling. Did you hear back from them after you submitted additional documents?
I have not heard back. Someone told me that many IRCC offices don't revisit your file until the deadline they gave you for submitting documents. I had thirty days, so maybe I'll hear late Sept. But who knows?

I was hoping the agent would at least mark my language skills section as completed, but I think they usually do all sections together.

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
For those of you who did the oath ceremony with IRCC Vancouver, were you asked to cut up all your PR cards (if you have had more than 1)? Thanks.

Farah2018

Sep 9, 2018
I live in Toronto and I got the test invitation from Scarborough office. So, I thought my processing office is Scarborough. Today, I called IRCC and the agent said my file is in Vancouver citizenship office. I am super confused now. Does that mean Vancouver office is processing my application?
My timeline is in my signature.
Forum members, please share your opinion.

Farah2018

Sep 9, 2018
For most applicants FP request comes from IRCC Vancouver
I am in Richmond Hill, ON and the request came from IRCC Vancouver
Through the GCMS notes I found out that IRCC Scarborough is the secondary office
How long did it take to get GCMS notes for your application? Did you need to pay any fees for the notes?

Last edited:

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
Question about when to receive the citizenship certificate: I live in Northern BC, and I had my virtual oath ceremony last week with IRCC Vancouver. The status of my application was marked Closed on the tracker as of September 16th. Given this, when can I expect to receive the citizenship certificate? Can I assume that once the my file was marked "Closed", the certificate was sent? Can I also assume it will be sent from Vancouver? Thanks.

Farah2018

Sep 9, 2018
For most applicants FP request comes from IRCC Vancouver
I am in Richmond Hill, ON and the request came from IRCC Vancouver
Through the GCMS notes I found out that IRCC Scarborough is the secondary office
Could you please share the email address of Vancouver processing office?

BK1993

Feb 7, 2020
Hi guys,

how long does it take to get oath invitation after citizenship test from Vancouver visa office.

RamyMN

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hi, Ircc Vancouver asked for a fingerprint for citizenship, I did it today, how long does it take to show completed in the system?
Finger prints are processed in Ottawa before they are sent back to the requesting office. It normally takes from 4 to 6 weeks to see an update.