+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC VANCOUVER

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I am in a very similar situation. Aug 2021 online applicant from Montreal, test completed April 2.
IRCC told me that my application has been moved to Vancouver, but I am not sure if that was a complete transfer or if Vancouver is doing one part of it.

Does the due date indicate when your file should be worked on again?
due date literally means nothing. Sometimes they go beyond that.

Acorn450

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
due date literally means nothing. Sometimes they go beyond that.
I figured as much. I had hoped that my file moving out of Montreal would speed things along, but I don't think that's the case.

I am not sure ordering my notes will clarify anything at this point, but I might as well. I am not sure that there is anything to analyze though. The whole process is just freaking slow and seemingly very arbitrary.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I figured as much. I had hoped that my file moving out of Montreal would speed things along, but I don't think that's the case.

I am not sure ordering my notes will clarify anything at this point, but I might as well. I am not sure that there is anything to analyze though. The whole process is just freaking slow and seemingly very arbitrary.
They do as they please. They work at their own comfort using the covid excuse.

Reactions: noonnabi

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
June 2021 Applicant from Montreal, QC. (My Timeline)

Already cleared Citizenship Test on March 2022. Got Ghost Update on 23 June 2022 in online profile. Nothing significant displayed there.

Got my Notes and found out that on 23 June 2022, my citizenship application got transferred from IRCC Montreal to IRCC Vancouver. This information is not displayed on my online profile and eCAS is disabled because this is an online application.
As per "Application Assignment DUE DATE", my online profile got updated today, with no other visible changes.

Reactions: Acorn450

tbear

Aug 12, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London (BWJ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Doc's Request.
26/08/2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.5
Med's Done....
08/09/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016
As per "Application Assignment DUE DATE", my online profile got updated today, with no other visible changes.

Congrats
An update will be coming soon, maybe tomorrow

Rhezie

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Hi Folks - I'm a July 2021 online applicant based in London, Ontario. I found out that my file is assigned to the Vancouver Office. They requested scanned copies of my passport which I provided on July 1st. No update since then. Sigh.

Acorn450

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
Hi Folks - I'm a July 2021 online applicant based in London, Ontario. I found out that my file is assigned to the Vancouver Office. They requested scanned copies of my passport which I provided on July 1st. No update since then. Sigh.
I am an Aug 2021 applicant in Montreal. I got the same request from Vancouver on almost the same day- I think I sent copies of my pages July 2.

Just a heads up for you- I got an interview request last week. Not sure whether you will get one, but you might want to watch your tracker/email.

Rhezie

Star Member
May 24, 2017
I am an Aug 2021 applicant in Montreal. I got the same request from Vancouver on almost the same day- I think I sent copies of my pages July 2.

Just a heads up for you- I got an interview request last week. Not sure whether you will get one, but you might want to watch your tracker/email.
Oh Cool! Thank you for sharing. I got the passport copy request on July 1 and I responded the same day. Some people get their applications completed during those interviews so I hope yours go through well! I check my tracker several times a day but so far--- no progress. Hopefully soon.

Reactions: Acorn450

witani

May 25, 2022
Hi All, does anyone has the email for Vancouver office? I was transferred from Montreal office to Vancouver office and I wanted to send a webform but also try and email them.

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Online applicant
AOR: 14 December 2021
Background check complete: 12 June 2022
Citizenship Test Request: 16 June 2022
Test complete: 27 June 2022
Language, Physical and Prohibition: In progress
Ceremony: not started.
Office: Vancouver

Got a ghost update on 28th July 2022 but nothing has changed so far. No email, no online update. Anyone know what might be the ghost update for?

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
Hi,

My application is also being processed by the Vancouver office. So, everything changed to complete on Aug 15, except oath, which is "Not Started". On ECAS, the status shows Decision Made.

Roughly how long does it take these days to receive oath invitation from this point?

Thanks.

Aug 19, 2022
Hi,

My application is also being processed by the Vancouver office. So, everything changed to complete on Aug 15, except oath, which is "Not Started". On ECAS, the status shows Decision Made.

Roughly how long does it take these days to receive oath invitation from this point?

Thanks.
Not sure If Surrey office is considered IRCC Vancouver, but,it took about a 5 days to get invitation update after everything was marked complete and another 5 to get the invitation email ( 2 weeks before the day of ceremony)

Reactions: ybjianada

Rhezie

Star Member
May 24, 2017

Hello! You were right. I got the email for the online interview today. Are you done with your interview and did it result in a decision?

Acorn450

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
Hello! You were right. I got the email for the online interview today. Are you done with your interview and did it result in a decision?
Well, my interview was pretty frustrating. The agent was polite and professional, but they requested additional documentation that I actually live in Canada. I have very few border crossings, all to the US, so my passport is devoid of stamps. I am hundreds of days over the residency threshold so the whole thing is puzzling.

I am expecting a long wait for my citizenship at this point and I am trying not to take it personally.