+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

vikrant1603

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Quick question, how long after the oath ceremony are applicants recieving the physical certificate? Would be helpful to know from any recent experience.

Also, how long is it taking for passport application processing. As I have a family event to attend back home in end of April and my oath date is 15th, wanted to map out if it would be possible for me to attend it.

Any inputs will be helpful

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Quick question, how long after the oath ceremony are applicants recieving the physical certificate? Would be helpful to know from any recent experience.

Also, how long is it taking for passport application processing. As I have a family event to attend back home in end of April and my oath date is 15th, wanted to map out if it would be possible for me to attend it.

Any inputs will be helpful
7 days for me to recieve Citizenship certificate
Oath 16th
Recd Cert on 23 rd feb

Still to apply for passport

prasanna@

Aug 15, 2016
Hi everyone, I did my test on December from Outside Canada, I got a call last week from an agent and asked to send them when I get back to Canada and asked me for passport copies but I didn’t receive this request on the email yet.

My questions:
Did anyone get passport copies request from Scarborough office and asked them to send them through email? Or all of you through mail?
When you get passport copies request, will your tracker get updated with that request like FP or not?
Hello,
I also did my test from outside Canada in November. I got my test completed status on November 26, 2021. But I did not receive any updates yet.
Can you please let me know from what number you got the call from?
I got my GCMS notes and can see that my US number is updated in my profile. Just wanted to make sure I do not miss the call if at all they call me.

prasanna@

Aug 15, 2016
in my case, nothing changed in a tracker but I got an email request from scarbrough office to send physical passport copies.

I am observing these days who write test from outside Canada, application processing is dragging... don't know why?
Hello,
I also did my test from outside Canada in November. I got my test completed status on November 26, 2021. But I did not receive any updates yet.
Can you please let me know from which email address you got the passport copies request?

PSIL

Jul 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
March 1st, 2016
Doc's Request.
Add'nl docs August 10, 2016
AOR Received.
March 1st, 2016
Med's Done....
Passed March 13
Passport Req..
September 6
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
September 17
Just provided a feedback... :)

"Scarborough office in Toronto, processing the citizenship application submitted in 2021, While those who applied in 2019, 2020 waiting. They should make some arrangements to process the backlogs or make arrangements to compensate for the delay caused by the flops in handling the applications. Or provide the reason for the delay. When I checked my GCRMs, noticed, soon after the background check is cleared, they did not send invite for my citizenship exam. Then the application stayed without touching for months, after I request for the ATIP they restarted the background check after a year. I feel they are not providing the service what applicants paid for. I think they should compensate the application fee for the applications delayed for flops in the system. "
What is a ATIP and how do you get it?

Star Member
Jul 4, 2021
I’m a June 2019 applicant. Wrote my test on Jan 27 of this year. BG completed, test completed on Jan 31st, rest in progress, and Oath not started. I guess my question here is how long does the Scarborough office go from test completed to DM usually? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: PSIL
Jan 20, 2022
4 months ago I have scheduled for my oath in late March and so far have not received the invite and was wondering how many of you in the same boat?? Since I see recent DMs already took their oaths but a few of us scheduled for late march oath since 4 months ago??

nixster

Jan 4, 2021
anyone face any issue during the virtual oath ceremony? I believe my video stopped working, I left and rejoined the meeting and was able to see my video throughout and hear the audio but I am not sure if they were able to see my video. Anyone have a similar experience? And what to expect next and how soon if there was indeed an issue with the video?

write2vicky

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
I’m a June 2019 applicant. Wrote my test on Jan 27 of this year. BG completed, test completed on Jan 31st, rest in progress, and Oath not started. I guess my question here is how long does the Scarborough office go from test completed to DM usually? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
If anyone will be able to answer this question exactly then he must be Godman. There is no specific/exact gap between any two steps in Citizenship process of applications at Scarborough. I am also 2019 applicant and done with test in November. No update after that. Scarborough office is testing my patience.

• Sad
Reactions: Hypatia

Star Member
Jul 4, 2021
If anyone will be able to answer this question exactly then he must be Godman. There is no specific/exact gap between any two steps in Citizenship process of applications at Scarborough. I am also 2019 applicant and done with test in November. No update after that. Scarborough office is testing my patience.
Did you try reaching out and asking what’s going on? 3 months to get DM doesn’t seem right!!

write2vicky

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
Did you try reaching out and asking what’s going on? 3 months to get DM doesn’t seem right!!
I sent web querry two times but there is no response from their side. I sent email to SCR office but following was reply "Thank you for contacting our office. This is to inform you that this email inbox does not provide future event dates. You are encouraged to routinely check your e-mail for any notifications and upcoming events regarding the next steps of your application. "

vatsal4u2

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
I have very similar timeline like you. All the status has been updated to Completed on 17th Jan 2022 except Ceremony. I am still waiting for oath.

Star Member
Jul 4, 2021
I have very similar timeline like you. All the status has been updated to Completed on 17th Jan 2022 except Ceremony. I am still waiting for oath.
Hopefully you get your oath soon!! When did your test appear as completed on the online tracker if you don’t mind me asking?