+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone please provide some clarity and peace of mind for me.
I sent in my paper application in June 2021 and did the test on Dec 2021 it shows test completed dec 23rd on the new tracker. My file is being processed in the Scarborough office

everything else is still in progress including background check. Why is it taking so long to clear BG? Is it normal to take this long with BG check?
You applied in June 2021 or 2020? There are some people from March - August 2020 whose BG is not done yet and others who have not even got the test invite.

asing711

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
June 2021

I’m saying because other people that applied in June 2021 have gotten their BG check cleared already
While it is frustrating to see the lack of structure in the process, that is sadly the reality of how IRCC works. Hang in there - it'll all work out eventually

write2vicky

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
While it is frustrating to see the lack of structure in the process, that is sadly the reality of how IRCC works. Hang in there - it'll all work out eventually
I believe in providing feedback and I did that because it helps to improve and I think Scarborough office should process application in order and not randomly. I am happy for my friends who got citizenship but at the same time I feel unlucky :)

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx

Reactions: asing711

aakif2013

Jul 20, 2013
More power to you and thanks for advocating the cause
Just provided a feedback... :)

"Scarborough office in Toronto, processing the citizenship application submitted in 2021, While those who applied in 2019, 2020 waiting. They should make some arrangements to process the backlogs or make arrangements to compensate for the delay caused by the flops in handling the applications. Or provide the reason for the delay. When I checked my GCRMs, noticed, soon after the background check is cleared, they did not send invite for my citizenship exam. Then the application stayed without touching for months, after I request for the ATIP they restarted the background check after a year. I feel they are not providing the service what applicants paid for. I think they should compensate the application fee for the applications delayed for flops in the system. "

Last edited:

MW2015

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tracker just updated and received oath date of March 12th. I assume all are virtually now. I think I read from others you have to be in Canada for the oath, is that correct?

Dr Nonsky

Feb 9, 2016
Tracker just updated and received oath date of March 12th. I assume all are virtually now. I think I read from others you have to be in Canada for the oath, is that correct?
I’m also March 12. How long till we receive the oath invitation email?

chow 423

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hi, Friends, is there anyone who did a test from outside Canada? if yes did you guys get a request for passport color copies? after that no response from IRCC Scarborough?. please share your experience. is that a problem did a Test outside of Canada?

write2vicky

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
Hi, Friends, is there anyone who did a test from outside Canada? if yes did you guys get a request for passport color copies? after that no response from IRCC Scarborough?. please share your experience. is that a problem did a Test outside of Canada?
I did test from outside Canada on 15 November and it is more than 3 months. No passport request or any update from IRCC. I am also not sure what will be next step in my application.

alaa_saleh

May 31, 2013
Hi everyone, I did my test on December from Outside Canada, I got a call last week from an agent and asked to send them when I get back to Canada and asked me for passport copies but I didn’t receive this request on the email yet.

My questions:
Did anyone get passport copies request from Scarborough office and asked them to send them through email? Or all of you through mail?
When you get passport copies request, will your tracker get updated with that request like FP or not?

chow 423

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hi everyone, I did my test on December from Outside Canada, I got a call last week from an agent and asked to send them when I get back to Canada and asked me for passport copies but I didn’t receive this request on the email yet.

My questions:
Did anyone get passport copies request from Scarborough office and asked them to send them through email? Or all of you through mail?
When you get passport copies request, will your tracker get updated with that request like FP or not?

in my case, nothing changed in a tracker but I got an email request from scarbrough office to send physical passport copies.

I am observing these days who write test from outside Canada, application processing is dragging... don't know why?

Reactions: Dreamlad

alaa_saleh

May 31, 2013
in my case, nothing changed in a tracker but I got an email request from scarbrough office to send physical passport copies.

I am observing these days who write test from outside Canada, application processing is dragging... don't know why?
True, my advice to anyone who is outside Canada, go back and do the test from inside Canada.