+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

Shoukat Halani

Star Member
Sep 6, 2014
I'm an August 2019 Applicant. Does anybody know when online applications were introduced for citizenship? When I applied, I believe there was only paper based. Anyways, I know dozens of people who applied in 2021 via online application, and they already have their citizenship and passport. The employees are working from home and only have full access to online applications at the moment. I wonder how many more years this process will take. Only background check is completed for me ,all other headings are in progress.

They don't answer webform.
They don't answer the phone. I have been trying to call for the last 60 days, at all hours, including 8am sharp. Message "we have a large number of calls and can't connect you ,goodbye" , they just put this message for everybody. I have even tried to click other phone options for other reasons, and they all say this message and then hang up.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/soon-to-be-canadians-waiting-in-vain-to-hear-about-their-citizenship-applications-1.5728433
You described my problem very well. I have the same situation. I am an August 2019 applicant. I have used my MP as well but did not receive the proper reply, this is sheer arrogance and incompetency.

brbr123

Star Member
Dec 25, 2021
August 2019. I know tons of 2021 applicants who are done the process already.

Has anyone been able to get through to IRCC on the phone ? I have been trying for 60 days at all hours , including 8am, 830am, 9am , afternoon etc, all times I've tried.

I tried all phone options also to try and get connected, for each option , it says "due to high volume of calls, we cannot connect your call at this time, goodbye"

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
August 2019. I know tons of 2021 applicants who are done the process already.

Has anyone been able to get through to IRCC on the phone ? I have been trying for 60 days at all hours , including 8am, 830am, 9am , afternoon etc, all times I've tried.

I tried all phone options also to try and get connected, for each option , it says "due to high volume of calls, we cannot connect your call at this time, goodbye"
I dont think we can reach agents by phone anymore. A couple of months ago people used to pass through somehow, however lately there is no option to reach anyone I believe.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So you set an appointment online so that someone will call you back to setup the actual appointment?? that's so F$&^# up!
I already submitted a eService request yesterday morning at 8:30 and still no call from agent. Tried calling the support line and it said there are 180 calls ahead of me. I had to hang up.

I called the general support line and they said if nobody calls me back by today I should submit another request and continue this until 2 days of my travel where I will have to apply for URGENT request and pay $250 extra to get the passport in 2 days.

Seems to fit the definition of a money making scheme..

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I already submitted a eService request yesterday morning at 8:30 and still no call from agent. Tried calling the support line and it said there are 180 calls ahead of me. I had to hang up.

I called the general support line and they said if nobody calls me back by today I should submit another request and continue this until 2 days of my travel where I will have to apply for URGENT request and pay $250 extra to get the passport in 2 days.

Seems to fit the definition of a money making scheme..
I believe we are in a situation where in-person applications should be allowed. Recently I went downtown Montreal, and people were packed in the metro, malls, universities ... etc. It doesn't make sense to relax restrictions on bars, restaurants, cinemas, malls, and universities, but not for federal services. The relaxation should include all services. Denmark has lifted all restrictions and considered covid-19 as endemic. We have suffered enough from the restrictions, most of us more than the virus itself.

Reactions: QueenPeaches

ghonghadze

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
I also think that the only way they can clear so many files are through in person appointments. because you can do test, passport and interview at the same time while when they do them online it could take a year or even more. and plus if Driver’s license test can be done in person why not citizenship test?

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe we are in a situation where in-person applications should be allowed. Recently I went downtown Montreal, and people were packed in the metro, malls, universities ... etc. It doesn't make sense to relax restrictions on bars, restaurants, cinemas, malls, and universities, but not for federal services. The relaxation should include all services. Denmark has lifted all restrictions and considered covid-19 as endemic. We have suffered enough from the restrictions, most of us more than the virus itself.
Yeah. Basically they have found a loophope to squeeze money out of you for your desperation.

brbr123

Star Member
Dec 25, 2021
June 2019 applicant here. Seems like it’s a never ending process. I just recently got my test. God knows when I’ll get my oath. Truly frustrating.
It's a never ending cycle it seems. I've pretty much lost hope in this process. They don't answer to anybody and there is no pattern of what they are doing. I know tons of people who applied in 2021 and they are done the process, with citizenship and passport in hand. I am a 2019 applicant.

Deedle

Star Member
May 5, 2014
It's a never ending cycle it seems. I've pretty much lost hope in this process. They don't answer to anybody and there is no pattern of what they are doing. I know tons of people who applied in 2021 and they are done the process, with citizenship and passport in hand. I am a 2019 applicant.
Yup, honestly it's an utter piss take. I just emailed my MP because I want to travel home and see my family but you know as soon as I book a flight they'll call me for my oath and then they'll take 4 more years to send the certificate to be able to get the passport. There is no system whatsoever and people who applied in 2018,2019 and 2020 who are still waiting should not be left in the dark when 2021 applicants are already citizens.

brbr123

Star Member
Dec 25, 2021
Yup, honestly it's an utter piss take. I just emailed my MP because I want to travel home and see my family but you know as soon as I book a flight they'll call me for my oath and then they'll take 4 more years to send the certificate to be able to get the passport. There is no system whatsoever and people who applied in 2018,2019 and 2020 who are still waiting should not be left in the dark when 2021 applicants are already citizens.
I don't even have any help from my MP! They don't answer emails, and don't get back to my voicemails. So ridiculous.

I have also emailed the office of the Minister of Immigration Sean Fraser. In the email I explained how webforms are not being answered and how they don't answer the phone etc etc. I explained how 2021 applicants are getting their citizenship lightning fast and how 2020 and 2019 applicants are not. After 7 weeks they emailed me back and said "try a webform". What a joke.