+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

cookiechan

May 6, 2017
Usually you can find out in the email address you got test invite .

Their are three letters in test invite email , e.g in mine its says SCR which means Scarborough.
Oh! Good to know. The test email is from "DNSCRCitizenshipe", I assume this is from Scarborough as well?

brbr123

Star Member
Dec 25, 2021
So many excuses.. One after another. 3 years of covid. This will be around for a while. Everything needs to open up. They could have easily held tests and oaths, with lower amount of people attending. There are 1000 people walking around in Costco buying cheese and crackers and trying out samples and most people have their mask protecting their CHIN from covid. Enough already.

3-4 months ago when I got a hold of someone on the phone at IRCC, they basically said if your question is not relating Afghanistan, get off the phone. We have better things to do then your citizenship application. They didn't say it in those words, but that was the gist of it.

So sick of this never ending cycle.

Reactions: Shoukat Halani

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So many excuses.. One after another. 3 years of covid. This will be around for a while. Everything needs to open up. They could have easily held tests and oaths, with lower amount of people attending. There are 1000 people walking around in Costco buying cheese and crackers and trying out samples and most people have their mask protecting their CHIN from covid. Enough already.

3-4 months ago when I got a hold of someone on the phone at IRCC, they basically said if your question is not relating Afghanistan, get off the phone. We have better things to do then your citizenship application. They didn't say it in those words, but that was the gist of it.

So sick of this never ending cycle.
Covid is basically just an excuse for an incompetent process and department to hide behind.. Even we are working regular full time jobs. Wish we could also give our clients the same excuses and do 1/4th of the work we normally would.

Reactions: Shoukat Halani

hope319

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
I guess yours were all large amounts of time, where I used to travel in and out of the country weekly for work.
Hi good evening.
I travel around 16 times to same country.do you think is that effect my citizenship applicatione processing? And I don’t have any tickets for that .

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi good evening.
I travel around 16 times to same country.do you think is that effect my citizenship applicatione processing? And I don’t have any tickets for that .
My colleague had over 40 international trips to different locations but US mostly, she got her citizenship in 9 months. 2021 March applicant.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys need some advice, for those who already got the passport and had to show proof of travel. Did you show confirmed tickets or just the itinerary? Do they keep a copy or they just check and return?

My appointment is on the 21st in Mississauga and I am travelling on the 23rd, even if I apply for urgent 2 day I might not be able to make it so I might need to cancel/postpone tickets in order to not lose the entire cost of the ticket

hope319

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Guys need some advice, for those who already got the passport and had to show proof of travel. Did you show confirmed tickets or just the itinerary? Do they keep a copy or they just check and return?

My appointment is on the 21st in Mississauga and I am travelling on the 23rd, even if I apply for urgent 2 day I might not be able to make it so I might need to cancel/postpone tickets in order to not lose the entire cost of the ticket
When I applied my kids they did not ask anything,and I just got passport same day .

Reactions: royce110

aakif2013

Jul 20, 2013
Today I got a valuable response for the query about the delay of my test invite. Fucking asshols.

<ircc.dnscrcitizenshipe-apps-demandesenlignecitoyennetescrrn.ircc@cic.gc.ca>

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for contacting our office. This is to inform you that your application does not belong to this mailbox.

For enquiries regarding the status of your application, test results, or any other questions relating to your citizenship application, you are encouraged to visit the “My immigration or citizenship application” section of our website at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application.html
For future updates on your file or change of your mailing address, or email address. Please contact our Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 or visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca

Citizenship Team
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)

khemistry

Nov 1, 2021
I received an Oath invitation on Friday Feb 11.

Quick question, Do I email them my signed "Affirmation of Citizenship" after the Oath took place or can I email it to them now? before the ceremony.

Reactions: totosky

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
I received an Oath invitation on Friday Feb 11.

Quick question, Do I email them my signed "Affirmation of Citizenship" after the Oath took place or can I email it to them now? before the ceremony.
Please read the instructions if you have received them!!
DO NOT SIGN IT BEFORE. The officer will tell you when to sign.

@FrenchieN

Jan 17, 2022
Just got my Oath ceremony scheduled.

I'm a March 2020 Applicant, reading this forum, I saw one of you guys sent an email to the Scarborough Office and asking them if they had an empty spot for an oath ceremony. Seeing that it worked for them, I said why not try it myself.

So Friday night I sent them this email
"I was wondering if your office has any empty spot available for the oath scheduling, it is only me on the application. I am turning 23 in a couple of weeks and that would be a great gift to be Officially Canadian or at least know that I am scheduled to be one soon.

I applied for a grant of citizenship in March 2020. I passed my test in November 2021, and the tracker was updated to Decision Made in December 2021, and I have not had an update since."

And Boom! At noon today,they sent me confirmation and they scheduled me for an oath on my birthday.
My Oath is in 12 days.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Just got my Oath ceremony scheduled.

I'm a March 2020 Applicant, reading this forum, I saw one of you guys sent an email to the Scarborough Office and asking them if they had an empty spot for an oath ceremony. Seeing that it worked for them, I said why not try it myself.

So Friday night I sent them this email
"I was wondering if your office has any empty spot available for the oath scheduling, it is only me on the application. I am turning 23 in a couple of weeks and that would be a great gift to be Officially Canadian or at least know that I am scheduled to be one soon.

I applied for a grant of citizenship in March 2020. I passed my test in November 2021, and the tracker was updated to Decision Made in December 2021, and I have not had an update since."

And Boom! At noon today,they sent me confirmation and they scheduled me for an oath on my birthday.
My Oath is in 12 days.
Wow that's so nice