+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
Language, Physical Presence & Prohibitions

These checks appear to me more like a "double check" because:

Physical Presence was the first thing they checked. Otherwise, they would not have received your application.
Language is similar: not only it is an element of the Citizenship Test, but we were required to provide proof to start with.
Prohibitions, I am not sure what that is about, but it sounds it is constituted by criminal and police checks anyway.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Language, Physical Presence & Prohibitions

These checks appear to me more like a "double check" because:

Physical Presence was the first thing they checked. Otherwise, they would not have received your application.
Language is similar: not only it is an element of the Citizenship Test, but we were required to provide proof to start with.
Prohibitions, I am not sure what that is about, but it sounds it is constituted by criminal and police checks anyway.
Well, that's mostly correct.

Physical presence is checked only at face value at the time of the application. If the physical presence calculator said you were eligible, your application is accepted as complete. However, IRCC needs to verify if whatever you've mentioned in the physical presence calculator is true. This is the reason why some applicants receive passport pages request - This is in order to corroborate the information provided in the physical presence calculator.

About "Language" - Again, this may be done in an attempt to verify the language proof that we've provided but then, they could easily verify the authenticity of the language proof we provide with the application. Not sure why this step takes so long.

Prohibitions is one last check before a Decision is made on the application AFAIK. They might run our names one more time against their databases to see if any new adverse information has come up.

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Since my application is being processed at Scarborough office.

The Language, Physical Presence & Prohibitions were updated today (July 30th) on new tracker but in the old tracker it says Decision Made.

My test was marked as completed on May 13th btw. I wonder how long I would have to wait now?

kurdi12

Jul 8, 2019
Firstly, congrats to All who received oath :) for March 2019 applicants. Even my self is March 2019 i completed my test on April 18th 2021, after that nothing. My processing office is SCR(scarborough). I am waiting for DM and Oath and only background check and citizenship test is in completed status rest all in-progress.
Did you get any update? Because we are on the same boat. Thanks

moshysin

Feb 11, 2013
Silly me, I didn't see, I apologize. It seems like they are quite behind on processing... I did however, saw 2 applicants from Nov 2019 who completed their tests mid-late Feb and have received their oath invites yesterday.
Hi, I am done with my test in May, what will be next ? Any other documents need to be submitted?

bsandy

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Toronto
Hello everyone !

my oath has been scheduled for Aug9th. The decision made and oath date mentioned was back in June ,

my oath ceremony is in the next4 to 5 days. I havent recieved any email instruction s on how to attend and any information.
Can someone please tell me when will we get an email with these instructions ??

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

armadoc

Mar 24, 2012
I'm reading everybody's comment here, and I think with myself CIC screwed me up pretty hard. I applied July 2018 - received AOR Nov 2018. Since then nothing. I emailed, called, followed up, nothing. Every time they would say we are waiting to schedule your test until COVID happened. I asked our local MP to follow up, nothing. Recently I ended up emailing the office of Prime Minister and Office of Honourable Marko Mendicino to complain about the situation. Took one week to get my test. I passed my test on June 28. I guess it'll be another couple of years until I get my oath lol

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Hello everyone !

my oath has been scheduled for Aug9th. The decision made and oath date mentioned was back in June ,

my oath ceremony is in the next4 to 5 days. I havent recieved any email instruction s on how to attend and any information.
It's usually a week before the scheduled date.

You could probably call IRCC tomorrow at 8am & ask them about the email.

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
Hello everyone !

Check your spam email probably is there.
If not immediately call CiC

nikhil.bhatia

Oct 12, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
O-8 (L-9, R-8, S-7, W-7)
File Transfer...
24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
17-02-17
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
Hello everyone !

Hi,

My Oath is also scheduled for 9th Aug, I got an email for instructions last Friday at 5:30 pm, considering long weekend happened after that, you should be getting it today unless it's already in your spam.

Aten

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
On the online status it shows Oath scheduled for Oct 19th and been one week since it got updated.. Haven't received any email. When can we expect an email and will there a chance to be moved up?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
On the online status it shows Oath scheduled for Oct 19th and been one week since it got updated.. Haven't received any email. When can we expect an email and will there a chance to be moved up?
You'll receive an email about a week or two before the oath date.

Moving up the oath date? Given the situation for oath for other applicants, you should be glad that you've got an oath date IMO.

Good luck!

Reactions: latestbot