+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
Folks,

What documents to bring for Oath?

I saw many pll confused for the test because PR Card has no signature, but the instructions are very clear.: PR Card OR something else.

But for Oath it is confusing because PR Card is listen separately, then there is another independent item "2 pieces of personal identification (ID)" where PR Card is AGAIN mentioned.

So, do you need 2 IDs or PR Card + 2 IDs (total 3 IDs)?

To make it more confusing, the item "2 pieces of personal identification ID" says the document has to have signature, and although the PR Card hasn't, it is nevertheless mentioned as an example.

Here's a concrete example where interpretation becomes a problem: I literally have ONLY 2 IDs: the passport of my birth country I left ages ago and my PR Card.

What do you think?

-----TEST:

You need a photo ID, like

your permanent resident card (even if it’s expired) or
a valid (not expired) ID with your photo and signature on it (for example, driver’s licence or health card)

-----OATH:

What to bring
When you come to the ceremony, bring:

• your ceremony notice
  • a signed copy of the Permission Release and Consent form (included with the notice)
  • permanent resident card if you have one (even if it’s expired) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM5292 or IMM5688)
  • Record of Landing (IMM 1000) if you became a permanent resident before June 28, 2002
  • 2 pieces of personal identification (ID)
    • one piece of ID must have your photograph and signature, for example: driver’s licence, health card or permanent resident card
    • foreign ID documents must be government-issued, Canadian ones don’t need to be government-issued
    • if they’re not in English or French, you must provide a translation with an affidavit from the translator
    • minors are not required to show identification with a signature
  • all your passports and travel documents, current and expired, that you listed on the application form
  • optional: a holy book, of your choice, if you want to use one to swear the Oath of Citizenship

btoronto

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Folks,

What documents to bring for Oath?

I saw many pll confused for the test because PR Card has no signature, but the instructions are very clear.: PR Card OR something else.

But for Oath it is confusing because PR Card is listen separately, then there is another independent item "2 pieces of personal identification (ID)" where PR Card is AGAIN mentioned.

So, do you need 2 IDs or PR Card + 2 IDs (total 3 IDs)?

To make it more confusing, the item "2 pieces of personal identification ID" says the document has to have signature, and although the PR Card hasn't, it is nevertheless mentioned as an example.

Here's a concrete example where interpretation becomes a problem: I literally have ONLY 2 IDs: the passport of my birth country I left ages ago and my PR Card.

What do you think?

-----TEST:

You need a photo ID, like

your permanent resident card (even if it’s expired) or
a valid (not expired) ID with your photo and signature on it (for example, driver’s licence or health card)

-----OATH:

What to bring
When you come to the ceremony, bring:

• your ceremony notice
  • a signed copy of the Permission Release and Consent form (included with the notice)
  • permanent resident card if you have one (even if it’s expired) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM5292 or IMM5688)
  • Record of Landing (IMM 1000) if you became a permanent resident before June 28, 2002
  • 2 pieces of personal identification (ID)
    • one piece of ID must have your photograph and signature, for example: driver’s licence, health card or permanent resident card
    • foreign ID documents must be government-issued, Canadian ones don’t need to be government-issued
    • if they’re not in English or French, you must provide a translation with an affidavit from the translator
    • minors are not required to show identification with a signature
  • all your passports and travel documents, current and expired, that you listed on the application form
  • optional: a holy book, of your choice, if you want to use one to swear the Oath of Citizenship
Took the oath today. I showed 3 pieces of ID. PR card, driver's license and health card.

btoronto

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Took the oath today!! I'm Canadian!!

App type: Single
App sent: 25Nov2019
App delivered: 29Nov2019
AOR: 19Feb2020
In Process: 26Feb2020
Test Invite: 09Apr2021
Test Written: 24Apr2021
Decision Made: 28May2021
Oath Scheduled: 31May2021 (for 09Jul21)
Oath Citizenship: 09Jul21

Salyo

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
Took the oath today!! I'm Canadian!!

App type: Single
App sent: 25Nov2019
App delivered: 29Nov2019
AOR: 19Feb2020
In Process: 26Feb2020
Test Invite: 09Apr2021
Test Written: 24Apr2021
Decision Made: 28May2021
Oath Scheduled: 31May2021 (for 09Jul21)
Oath Citizenship: 09Jul21
How did you use the Zoom did you click in the email the one they sent with number or did you download please tell me

btoronto

Star Member
May 6, 2014
How did you use the Zoom did you click in the email the one they sent with number or did you download please tell me
I had the app installed in my laptop already and just clicked the link on the email and entered the passcode.

Salyo

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
I had the app installed in my laptop already and just clicked the link on the email and entered the passcode.
Oh okay so I try to click the link on the email I think it's so soon it didn't open i guess will work on the oath date right.

Syed07283

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2014 Pmt charged....: 25/09/2014 P.E.R.............: 04/10/2014 Processing started: 20/11/2014 Email Verification: 27/07/2015
Med's Request
27/08/2015
Med's Done....
05/09/2015
Interview........
Waived Decision Made..: 03/10/2015
Passport Req..
05/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
01/10/2015
LANDED..........
21/01/2016
How long does it take to receive the Citizenship certificate in the mail. I was informed that my Citizenship certificate was mailed on July 2nd. I'm Scarborough office applicant. Please request u all to share real time experiences not a standard time frame.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
How long does it take to receive the Citizenship certificate in the mail. I was informed that my Citizenship certificate was mailed on July 2nd. I'm Scarborough office applicant. Please request u all to share real time experiences not a standard time frame.
It does take about 2 weeks for it to be delivered - that's what I have observed most people were reporting here. Mine was a bit special, I requested it to be expedited, and they kindly agreed, I got it in less than 48 hours via express (that was May 2021). Do not worry, post-Canada Day mailing can be delayed, give it a few more days.

Reactions: Syed07283

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
It does take about 2 weeks for it to be delivered - that's what I have observed most people were reporting here. Mine was a bit special, I requested it to be expedited, and they kindly agreed, I got it in less than 48 hours via express (that was May 2021). Do not worry, post-Canada Day mailing can be delayed, give it a few more days.
You didn't have to justify it (e.g. international travel)?