+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

ScotchCad

Oct 27, 2023
yeah , will yours take place on Microsoft teams , were u given a link on top of the invitation letter ? what happens if you clicked it now ? will the interview be held in Toronto time ?
Sorry, I've been asked to go in person so not able to help

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
You wont get the e-cert the came day, can take up to 3 days after the oath ceremony. FYI there is a form you have to send back, prior to getting the e-cert email.
This is incorrect. Me and my wife got it in 2 hours. Request the clerk when asked to verify documents.

Reactions: navkrish

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
Congratulations! Please can you explain in detail how the ceremony went such as the checking in process, questions asked, documents provided etc. Thank you!
There are three to four different stages. First one is basically making sure everyone has right seat# displayed with an IRCC employee as a group. Next is a 1 on 1 with the clerk to verify docs and cut the PR card. I was asked to show ID and PR cars. Then everyone goes into a waiting room till everyone is ready. It could be a long wait.

Lastly you go into a room with head clerk and the judge for the actual ceremony - oath and national anthem plus a few speeches.

This is how the ceremony went for me - Scarborough online ceremony.

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
Has anyone applied for the express processing for the passport (within 10 business days) and didn't have to submit proof? I want to get it earlier, but have no travel plans (dont want to be in the situation where I can't travel out in case of emergencies)
I got mine in 7 days because I verbally mentioned a reason. No proof. My wife was denied urgent processing since she didn't have a reason or couldn't mention one quick enough in the conversation.

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
There are three to four different stages. First one is basically making sure everyone has right seat# displayed with an IRCC employee as a group. Next is a 1 on 1 with the clerk to verify docs and cut the PR card. I was asked to show ID and PR cars. Then everyone goes into a waiting room till everyone is ready. It could be a long wait.

Lastly you go into a room with head clerk and the judge for the actual ceremony - oath and national anthem plus a few speeches.

This is how the ceremony went for me - Scarborough online ceremony.
Could you please tell me how long is the duration of Oath ceremony? Mine starts at 1.30PM. I have a passport appointment on the same day. Would i be able to get e-certificate asap, if i can share the urgent travel plan with the clerk? Also just signing the last page of oath form and sending the email would suffice right? Thank you!!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Could you please tell me how long is the duration of Oath ceremony? Mine starts at 1.30PM. I have a passport appointment on the same day. Would i be able to get e-certificate asap, if i can share the urgent travel plan with the clerk? Also just signing the last page of oath form and sending the email would suffice right? Thank you!!
Most passport office close by 4 pm and ceremony takes 1.5 - 2 hrs and rarely happens that you will receive e-certificate within an hour after the ceremony.

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
The ceremony is about 1 to 1.5 hours. So yeah it will be tight. I don't know how passport appointments work. A walk in took me 4+ hours at the passport office.

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
Most passport office close by 4 pm and ceremony takes 1.5 - 2 hrs and rarely happens that you will receive e-certificate within an hour after the ceremony.
Thank you bro! For express option, there is no appointment needed at passport center. So i thought i could try.

Last edited: