+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

lila777

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
Has anyone requested an in-person oath from SCR recently? If so, did you do it through Ceremonies email or web form? How long was the delay between your request and being scheduled? TIA

My Microsoft Teams suddenly stopped working right before the job interview today. Don't want this to happen on the oath day.

lila777

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
They rescheduled my virtual (as it turned out) on July 17 to in person on July 14. They told me I could chose between 14th and 21st. I wasn’t going to wait one more week. :p:D

They also said instruction letter would arrive a week before the date.
Could you please share how you rescheduled? Did you wait for an invitation and then reply to the same email? Did they respond quickly?

I have not been invited yet. So I'm trying to understand if I should wait for any invitation first, or email them first asking them to only invite me to in-person oath. Thank you!

lila777

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
I requested for In person oath as family wanted it, oath rescheduled to 21st July for Inperson oath. Waiting for oath email
Could you please share how you rescheduled? Did you wait for an invitation and then reply to the same email? Did they respond quickly?

I have not been invited yet. So I'm trying to understand if I should wait for any invitation first, or email them first asking them to only invite me to in-person oath. Thank you!

harmaine

Star Member
Apr 6, 2023
Has anyone requested an in-person oath from SCR recently? If so, did you do it through Ceremonies email or web form? How long was the delay between your request and being scheduled? TIA

My Microsoft Teams suddenly stopped working right before the job interview today. Don't want this to happen on the oath day.
Definitely a scary scenario if it stops working on the oath day; have you considered using the teams mobile app ?

ctr

Jan 27, 2018
Anyone have success requesting ECertificate from Scarborough VO? I got LPP couple of days back and want to request ecertificate.

If it is possible, should I request for ecert now or wait till the oath email? Or should I request during the ceremony?
Anyone?

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015

The email to the Scarborough office was posted here and I shot them a message, before I was scheduled. NOTE: they only accept emails regarding the ceremony.
Few days later I was scheduled for oath on July 17. Day after they called me as they saw my email. My July 17 was a zoom (that’s what they use, not google meetup) and they had seen my email requesting for in person so they called to offer me a different date. I’m now scheduled for July 14.

Reactions: lila777

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Have not tried because I'm always out of space on my phone. But will make it a plan B in case end up doing a virtual oath.
Hey, you can email the Ceremony email address of SCR for rescheduling. First send them an email asking if you have been scheduled. If yes, then ask them for rescheduling

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Hey, you can email the Ceremony email address of SCR for rescheduling. First send them an email asking if you have been scheduled. If yes, then ask them for rescheduling
I didn’t ask if I was scheduled. I apologized for disturbing them at work and asked if it would be possible to be scheduled for an in-person ceremony.
Two days later I was scheduled, the day after they called to reschedule me. I was on a business call when a “no caller ID” call popped up on my screen. Something told me it was them, so I ended the business call, and I was right.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
I didn’t ask if I was scheduled. I apologized for disturbing them at work and asked if it would be possible to be scheduled for an in-person ceremony.
Two days later I was scheduled, the day after they called to reschedule me. I was on a business call when a “no caller ID” call popped up on my screen. Something told me it was them, so I ended the business call, and I was right.
For some they were responding back stating you are not scheduled yet and asked them to not email on this email address unless you are scheduled.
It will make more sense if she ask first if even she is scheduled or not. Otherwise it's gonna be same old response. lol. Given now I have experienced IRCC stuff so much, feel like opening a business of this. :D