+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

Caaloha23

Jun 6, 2023
So SCR office responded yesterday to my email I sent a few days ago asking about Oath date. At the time my tracker wasn't showing the Oath date

I thanked them for the response and while I was at it I asked if I could opt for e certificate. They responded saying we have an e-certificate ceremony a couple days after that they can schedule me for if I want to

They advised to respond if I want to change or not respond at all if I don't want to

This is interesting. There are oath ceremonies that e certificates are available to vs not
Oh my… I requested e-certificate at the very beginning, when I was filling in my citizenship application cuz I thought that It will speed up the process and is more convenient. Now we”ll see if I will need to wait extra time to get this “special e-certificate ceremony “ scheduled

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
So SCR office responded yesterday to my email I sent a few days ago asking about Oath date. At the time my tracker wasn't showing the Oath date

I thanked them for the response and while I was at it I asked if I could opt for e certificate. They responded saying we have an e-certificate ceremony a couple days after that they can schedule me for if I want to

They advised to respond if I want to change or not respond at all if I don't want to

This is interesting. There are oath ceremonies that e certificates are available to vs not
Honestly at this point I have waited so freaking long that I am just gonna accept whatever they gave me lol. God knows how much more delays we can experience in future.

IRCC is again backlogged

Reactions: RandomUser514

mesho

Aug 21, 2019

I had the same response today and they said the first e certificate event will be on July 19! But I am tied with urgent travel plan that I can not change

Guptavv

Oct 15, 2017
NA
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Doc's Request.
13-10-2017
AOR Received.
06-11-2017
IELTS Request
10-07-2017
Med's Request
25-10-2017
Passport Req..
04-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2018
LANDED..........
04-06-2018
The original date was a virtual oath but they saw my request and wanted to honour it. I was NOT expecting that.
I have not seen IRCC this efficient and considerate to adjust the oath based on in person preferences, I wonder should I request in person oath now

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
I have not seen IRCC this efficient and considerate to adjust the oath based on in person preferences, I wonder should I request in person oath now
Lol TBH if you are good with further waiting then not a bad idea. Certificates in general are getting mailed literally in 2-3 business days which is quick and got same processing time as of someone waiting for E-certificate. I so wanted in person too but I have waited so long for this entire process to finish that I just want to get done with this LOL. I know SCR rarely do in person so chances of me waiting could have been longer if they dint get a slot for me. Fitting one person for in person ceremony is easier then doing it for family applicants

Guptavv

Oct 15, 2017
NA
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Doc's Request.
13-10-2017
AOR Received.
06-11-2017
IELTS Request
10-07-2017
Med's Request
25-10-2017
Passport Req..
04-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2018
LANDED..........
04-06-2018
Lol TBH if you are good with further waiting then not a bad idea. Certificates in general are getting mailed literally in 2-3 business days which is quick and got same processing time as of someone waiting for E-certificate. I so wanted in person too but I have waited so long for this entire process to finish that I just want to get done with this LOL. I know SCR rarely do in person so chances of me waiting could have been longer if they dint get a slot for me. Fitting one person for in person ceremony is easier then doing it for family applicants
I know I will not risk it with SCR office as my PR cards are also expiring cannot take chances with them. Just waiting for the official OATH email to come through so that this 19 month long process can finish finally.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Aww how sweet IRCC sometimes can be. "SOMETIMES" :p
I think it pays to be nice and polite in all communication with them. It’s sad that they have to have a message on their phone line telling us callers that aggressive and abusive behaviour will not be tolerated and the call will be ended. It is rather telling how frequently it happens or they wouldn’t have needed that.

Every webform, every email, every phone call, every LOE, I’ve been respectful, polite, funny, apologetic for bothering them, etc. Our UCI number is the same throughout all our processing from the first visa through citizenship. Who knows if there’s a note about it on my file.

The woman who called me yesterday said it’s surprising to them how fast I went through.

I am grateful. It’s been a 40 year process since I came here the first time and instantly figured out this was home, even before the plane touched down. It has seriously not been easy. Implied status twice, out of status once, and thanks to GCMS notes I found out I was about to get my PR application denied. Every step without a lawyer.

I’m increadibly thankful for every opportunity Canada has sent my way. My birth country wouldn’t let me go to college, even as a mature student. I had failed highschool because I failed my own language. Everything else I aced. And then they told me I had to redo all of the highschool classses as my grades were too old. Meanwhile, Humber looked at my credentials, my work history, my grades, and stood with open arms asking me to please apply.

I’m not from a war torn country. I’m not from a poor country. I’m from an EU member country. My birth country has given me nothing but grief. And that’s why I’m seriously considering renouncing my birth citizenship.

I will never move back. This is home for life.

Last edited:

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
I think it pays to be nice and polite in all communication with them. It’s sad that they have to have a message on their phone line telling us callers that aggressive and abusive behaviour will not be tolerated and the call will be ended. It is rather telling how frequently it happens or they wouldn’t have needed that.

Every webform, every email, every phone call, every LOE, I’ve been respectful, polite, funny, apologetic for bothering them, etc. Our UCI number is the same throughout all our processing from the first visa through citizenship. Who knows if there’s a note about it on my file.

The woman who called me yesterday said it’s surprising to them how fast I went through.

I am grateful. It’s been a 40 year process since I came here the first time and instantly figured out this was home, even before the plane touched down. It has seriously not been easy. Implied status twice, out of status once, and thanks to GCMS notes I found out I was about to get my PR application denied. Every step without a lawyer.

I’m increadibly thankful for every opportunity Canada has sent my way. My birth country wouldn’t let me go to college, even as a mature student. I had failed highschopped because I failed my own language. Everything else I aced. And then they told me I had to redo all of the high school classses as my grades were too old. Meanwhile, Humber looked at my credentials, my work history, my grades, and stood with open arms asking me to please apply.

I’m not from a war torn country. I’m not from a poor country. I’m from an EU member country. My birth country has given me nothing but grief. And that’s why I’m seriously considering renouncing my birth citizenship.

As they say: All's well that Ends well!!

Reactions: yyzstudent

endeey04

Nov 24, 2017

I’m increadibly thankful for every opportunity Canada has sent my way. My birth country wouldn’t let me go to college, even as a mature student. I had failed highschool because I failed my own language. Everything else I aced. And then they told me I had to redo all of the highschool classses as my grades were too old. Meanwhile, Humber looked at my credentials, my work history, my grades, and stood with open arms asking me to please apply.

There's no point being rude to the customer center folks, They have just as much information about an application as the applicant. The people i would really like to have a sit down with to probably understand what goes on are the agents that actually work on the applications. Because it's really disheartening when you have an application stuck somewhere and nobody can tell you the exact reason why, but then you see folks that submitted theirs way after you, with the same local offices getting their application done. I really think some agents play God with peoples applications. if there's a genuine reason why an application is delayed, then that's fine. But then a lot of times they say nothing is wrong, "Just Wait". If nothing is wrong why is it taking longer? I empathize with the fact that they have a backlog and all. but it would have been more understandable if it was a first in first out basis. as opposed to what what we see in some cases where some people that even applied this year already have their applications done, and some people have theirs pending since 2021.

dejected

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017

Well, as a Canadian citizen for the last 19 years myself, I am thankful that you spoke so highly of my country Canada.
As a Canadian, I am happy to see that my country has helped you stabilize yourself and that you are so satisfied with your prospects.
Indeed, my country is a gem. I am also well settled with a highly highly professional career job in a beautiful city of Western Canada and you know what, it is a dream come true for me as well.
My best wishes for you and May all your dreams come true.

SoumiCan

Feb 13, 2023
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Hi guys anyone submitted applications for a passport recently in Scarborough? What is the best time to go to avoid a long queue? Can I submit my spouse's passport application along with mine or does everyone need to go to submit their own application?Thanks

Reactions: h3xx_r_d

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Hi guys anyone submitted applications for a passport recently in Scarborough? What is the best time to go to avoid a long queue? Can I submit my spouse's passport application along with mine or does everyone need to go to submit their own application?Thanks
Try to reach there at 7 am to get in line. It is super quick once the office opens up. I was able to get out by 9.30 am. Not sure about submitting spouse’s application. You can find more information on it online.

Reactions: SoumiCan