+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
For anyone interested, I received my GCMS notes today. There’s nothing remarkable, except that Security and Criminality are passed, and I’m assigned to RC-8090 (aka CPC Sydney) for my LPP to be assessed.

As explained by @Sandy.gal earlier, my application is now back at Sydney for LPP. Once completed, it will return to SCR for the oath to be scheduled.

For anybody pre-LPP, this is really a Sydney support group while we’re stuck in this holding pattern. Hahaha

Any guesses on how queue seniority works at RC-8090? Do they go by test completion date or AOR? (Do they throw you to the back of the line every time you check your tracker? I kid haha)

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
For anyone interested, I received my GCMS notes today. There’s nothing remarkable, except that Security and Criminality are passed, and I’m assigned to RC-8090 (aka CPC Sydney) for my LPP to be assessed.

As explained by @Sandy.gal earlier, my application is now back at Sydney for LPP. Once completed, it will return to SCR for the oath to be scheduled.

For anybody pre-LPP, this is really a Sydney support group while we’re stuck in this holding pattern. Hahaha

Any guesses on how queue seniority works at RC-8090? Do they go by test completion date or AOR? (Do they throw you to the back of the line every time you check your tracker? I kid haha)
Very tough to say lol. My wild guess is that I don't think they go based off test or AOR date. Depends on their mood :p

• Haha
Reactions: derkdsou

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Maybe it's the side of the bed they woke up on?

I will guess queue seniority is based loosely off of AOR and a combination of other things: number of PCCs (for reverification), proximity to 1,095 days (for additional scrutiny or to request passport scans), language (correct evidence submitted or not). This would account for the erratic discrepancies between people who clear LPP within days of their test or those who wait 5+ months.
Very tough to say lol. My wild guess is that I don't think they go based off test or AOR date. Depends on their mood :p

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sandy.gal

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Maybe it's the side of the bed they woke up on?

I will guess queue seniority is based loosely off of AOR and a combination of other things: number of PCCs (for reverification), proximity to 1,095 days (for additional scrutiny or to request passport scans), language (correct evidence submitted or not). This would account for the erratic discrepancies between people who clear LPP within days of their test or those who wait 5+ months.
I do think that it definitely includes 2 factors which is how quickly they got your LPP approved and once that is done how quickly the officer is routing that file back to SCR. Also after seeing the GCMS notes, I do see half of their time just goes in documenting those lengthy detailed notes.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
I'm thinking the documentation is generated in a standard format for anybody that requests GCMS notes but when it comes to the actual populating of the various fields with responses that's likely done relatively quickly by agents (who are simply selecting from preset options on drop-down menus) as the application continues through the whole process.
I do think that it definitely includes 2 factors which is how quickly they got your LPP approved and once that is done how quickly the officer is routing that file back to SCR. Also after seeing the GCMS notes, I do see half of their time just goes in documenting those lengthy detailed notes.

Fel123

May 25, 2023

How long did it take you to you receive the notes? and does it affect application processing in any way? I'm thinking of applying for the GCMS notes too as I haven't gotten any update since the March 2nd ghost update. LPP still in progress.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
How long did it take you to you receive the notes? and does it affect application processing in any way? I'm thinking of applying for the GCMS notes too as I haven't gotten any update since the March 2nd ghost update. LPP still in progress.
It is supposed to take about a month and they say it doesn't effect your process.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Ordered June 6, received June 21. Does not affect your application negatively; doesn't speed it up either.

pankaj.chhabra

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
England
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Weird; they're required to respond in 30 days.
Yes, you are right, that is an SLA which I hear is as per their convenience.. You got in 2 weeks which is the quickest that I have heard till date.. Good for you, cheers..

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
This is on IRCC website -

We’re issuing new passport booklets as of June 19, 2023

Until we finish installing the printers for the new passports in all offices, you may still get the current passport when you apply. By spring 2024, we’ll just be issuing the new passports.

If you have a valid passport already, it’s still secure and reliable. You don’t need to apply for a new one.
This is helpful. Thank you for sharing! I went in person on June 12 at the Scarborough passport office and I was told a similar thing that they’re still going through the old ones and won’t start issuing the new ones till they run out of the previous ones. As well as the printing thing. I can post an update once I receive mine.

Reactions: derkdsou