Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Reactions: Nousernamesadface

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
So basically, the day you received the response to your email, they have updated the tracker, but reflected today.
Yes. Sending them an email got beneficial. May be my email was an alarm for the officer that oh this file needs to be sent an update :D

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
That's fine you can do that. Also if one of you gets your passport first, you can be the guarantator for the other one. Guarantator can be your spouse, but reference can't be.
Yes that is right too. Dint think of that lol. I have to apply for urgent next day pick up so hopefully they accept my reasons.

qcs123

May 12, 2023
Yes that is right too. Dint think of that lol. I have to apply for urgent next day pick up so hopefully they accept my reasons.
Ensure you print a copy of plane ticket/hotels and stuff to prove that you need next day. I saw a lot of ppl got turned back because they didn't have the proof. Also, for next day request...all applicants are required to be present. I thought this would be obvious, but a lot of ppl got turned back and was forced to do express instead.
For me, they called the guarantor and basically asked about description of the applicant (me) and job and how long they knew them. Seemed to be a rushed call, as the person doing the calling is perhaps calling 100s of ppl per day to validate. In my case, my references weren't contacted; but maybe it is case by case.
Hope that helps you or someone that is applying.

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Ensure you print a copy of plane ticket/hotels and stuff to prove that you need next day. I saw a lot of ppl got turned back because they didn't have the proof. Also, for next day request...all applicants are required to be present. I thought this would be obvious, but a lot of ppl got turned back and was forced to do express instead.
For me, they called the guarantor and basically asked about description of the applicant (me) and job and how long they knew them. Seemed to be a rushed call, as the person doing the calling is perhaps calling 100s of ppl per day to validate. In my case, my references weren't contacted; but maybe it is case by case.
I was a reference for a friend and I was contacted. My guarantor for my kid's passport was not contacted. Seems random.

Last edited:
Reactions: qcs123

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Thank you very much. I will be booking the hotel but going by road so will only have the hotel itinerary with me. Hope that is enough for them lol. Honestly I find it stupid for them to turn people back. Like they are paying you extra money and still not being accepted.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
This is on IRCC website -

We’re issuing new passport booklets as of June 19, 2023

Until we finish installing the printers for the new passports in all offices, you may still get the current passport when you apply. By spring 2024, we’ll just be issuing the new passports.

If you have a valid passport already, it’s still secure and reliable. You don’t need to apply for a new one.

Reactions: h3xx_r_d

Guptavv

Oct 15, 2017
NA
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Doc's Request.
13-10-2017
AOR Received.
06-11-2017
IELTS Request
10-07-2017
Med's Request
25-10-2017
Passport Req..
04-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2018
LANDED..........
04-06-2018
Yes. Sending them an email got beneficial. May be my email was an alarm for the officer that oh this file needs to be sent an update :D
Does the official Oath email come 1 week in advance or does it come before also ?