+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/labour-disruptions.html

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2023/04/18/canadian-immigration-and-passport-delays-are-expected-as-public-service-strike-deadline-draws-near.html

"In the event of a labour disruption, like most Government of Canada services, most IRCC services would be impacted"

See list of services that will be impacted, they include application processing and citizenship ceremonies

If no deal by 9pm today, strike starts 12:01am per union president
They just announced no tentative agreement was reached. strike begins at 12:01 am

Last edited:

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Strike or no strike, stay strong, team! A few things to take away:

1. If you're waiting for your background check or prohibitions like a lot of us, that work will continue to be carried out by CBSA, CSIS and other third-party agencies. There will be a backlog when IRCC staff return but it won't be of covid proportions.
2. If there is no agreement soon, the federal government could legislate workers back to work by force - as they did in 1991.
3. Let's hope self-administered oaths are approved and implemented by June - it's still possible many of us could be taking oaths in June and July despite the strike.

th1ru

Jul 9, 2018
I am also in same boat. Anyone with Scarborough May 1 ceremony got their oath invite email?
I read in another thread that those with Scarborough are getting their oath invite email exactly 1 week before the oath date and that they've already cancelled the virtual ceremonies scheduled for today. Hopefully the strike gets over soon, fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Shobika16

Jun 8, 2022
I read in another thread that those with Scarborough are getting their oath invite email exactly 1 week before the oath date and that they've already cancelled the virtual ceremonies scheduled for today. Hopefully the strike gets over soon, fingers crossed.
My oath was on April 17 I got invite email on March 31st. 17days before the oath to be precise.

koiwa528

Aug 12, 2015
I asked SCR Office if my oath ceremony on May 9th will be rescheduled and I got the reply below soon:

Due to the current labour dispute we cannot give the ceremony information at this time. Please be patient while we wait and see how long this disruption will last. We have not cancelled the ceremony as yet. You will receive direction closer to the ceremony to let you know if it will be cancelled or not.

Reactions: oboyzee

felipeoxavier

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
I asked SCR Office if my oath ceremony on May 9th will be rescheduled and I got the reply below soon:

Due to the current labour dispute we cannot give the ceremony information at this time. Please be patient while we wait and see how long this disruption will last. We have not cancelled the ceremony as yet. You will receive direction closer to the ceremony to let you know if it will be cancelled or not.
Did you contact them via email?
Would you mind sharing their email address?
My ceremony is scheduled for April 27th on the tracker, but no email as of yet. I'd like to ask them if it's cancelled or not, since I should've already received the confirmation email.

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
Did you contact them via email?
Would you mind sharing their email address?
My ceremony is scheduled for April 27th on the tracker, but no email as of yet. I'd like to ask them if it's cancelled or not, since I should've already received the confirmation email.
The email that sent your test invite

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Hello forum members. I have my oath on May 2, 2023. If anyone with the same oath date like me, please share your views, as I have not received the instructions email yet.

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Reactions: felipeoxavier

Alsalma

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
My Oath is scheduled for the 5th of May in Montreal, if anyone with the same date please let's update each other here, thank you !!