+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

RickyT

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
I see. Ya mine is paper application but honestly I believe there is not much difference in processing.

Sept 2022
Crazy to think that you only applied in September and you are getting the Oath...

hundreds of people, even thousands are still waiting to get processed. who applied much earlier than you. There is a huge difference between paper and online processing.

Reactions: small_251193

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Crazy to think that you only applied in September and you are getting the Oath...

hundreds of people, even thousands are still waiting to get processed. who applied much earlier than you. There is a huge difference between paper and online processing.
Lol I wish that was true. I have not got oath yet. Only test and BG marked complete. Still a long way to go.

Koushani

Nov 28, 2022
Hi,

Did anyone get their Citizenship Certificate from SCR office post 28th Jan Oath Date under ‘Regular Mail’?

becca545

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
IRCC Scarborough staff and agents are among the laziest staff of all IRCC offices. I can see people whose office are Vancouver and sent their application in mid Oct are getting test invites while a lot of Sept applicants of Scarborough office are still waiting for their test invites. Then when people follow up their application from them, they become unhappy. really annoying
What sort of entitlement is this? Do you know what the capacity and volume of the different offices is? The processing time says 23 months. You applied in September 2022 and are here calling them lazy. Citizenship is not a right neither is immigration.

arash2002

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
What sort of entitlement is this? Do you know what the capacity and volume of the different offices is? The processing time says 23 months. You applied in September 2022 and are here calling them lazy. Citizenship is not a right neither is immigration.
Who on earth told the processing time should be 23 months?! They deliberately invented this number so that no one can complain because every time we follow up they say you are within 23 months. They invented this number because they know even their laziest offices and employees can finish cases within this long time.
Regarding whether immigration and/or citizenship is a right or not, we all have had much more benefit for this country than the other way around. Therefore, they did not do us a favor to accept us as an immigrant because they need our professional qualifications and the money we pay for taxes and CPP. In addition, we paid for processing our applications and expect that there won't be much difference between online and paper applications as well no difference between various offices in processing applications. In this forum there are a lot of people who regret about sending their applications online. Moreover, I had no role in selecting Scarborough as my processing office otherwise it would be my last choice.

Last edited:

becca545

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Who on earth told the processing time should be 23 months?! They deliberately invented this number so that no one can complain because every time we follow up they say you are within 23 months. They invented this number because they know even their laziest offices and employees can finish cases within this long time.
Regarding whether immigration and/or citizenship is a right or not, we all have had much more benefit for this country than the other way around. Therefore, they did not do us a favor to accept us as an immigrant because they need our professional qualifications and the money we pay for taxes and CPP. In addition, we paid for processing our applications and expect that there won't be much difference between online and paper applications as well no difference between various offices in processing applications. In this forum there are a lot of people who regret about sending their applications online. Moreover, I had no role in selecting Scarborough as my processing office otherwise it would be my last choice.
Processing time is 23 months per their website. You are free to withdraw your application if that doesn’t work for you.

• Sad
Reactions: tgman

prachi16

Oct 31, 2017
Anyone who had their test done but the tracker not updated to “completed” status? How long does it take for scr office to update this?

took my test on 19th Jan (20/20) but no update so far.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Anyone who had their test done but the tracker not updated to “completed” status? How long does it take for scr office to update this?

Gave my test on Jan 21 got marked on 23rd. And tracker showed completed on 25th. Waiting since then for more updates.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018

Test Done : Feb 1st
Test Completed Date showing on tracker : Feb 2nd (Account got updated Feb 4th)

Koushani

Nov 28, 2022
An interesting info received from IRCC Agent (over call). Applicable when someone has to leave the country urgently without having Canada Passport or proof etc.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/facilitation-visas.html

Facilitation Visa it is ! At least can help people like me calm down who has aging family members in home countries and can always have an emergency situation popping up out of nowhere.

cnfb

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Dec 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
Mar 08, 2016
Nomination.....
Mar 29, 2016
AOR Received.
Filled May 20, 2016 Received Aug 22, 2016
Med's Request
June 8th, 2017
Med's Done....
June 15th, 2017
Passport Req..
Dec 8th, 2017
LANDED..........
inland
Got oath invite. March 13. System was updated Feb 07, 2023.

Koushani

Nov 28, 2022
Oath on Jan 28.
Citizenship Certs are mailed out on 30th Jan.
Tracker completed on Jan 31.
1 certificate received (for minor) out of 3 on 2nd Feb.

Still waiting for remaining 2 certificates.
Update -
Canada Post misdelivered it to our neighbour’s mailbox, neighbour was Out of Town and gave us the envelopes today. Wondering what’d have happened if misdelivered to a mailbox who we don’t know !!

While I am really mad at Canada Post for making us go through this phase, and while I am much much grateful to Scarborough IRCC officers who are much more efficient and faster than other offices to mail certs out at superb speed, I would definitely hold IRCC department responsible for making this last leg so stressful and not making this trackable even if that comes with some extra cost. !!

On my way to write a physical letter and email to Sean Fraser and then to Canada Passport office! Thanks everyone for all your guidance throughout !

Dutchgirl

Star Member
Oct 13, 2022
Fair point, the different offices might operate differently for different reasons. Scarborough does seem to be one of the slower ones, and some people may have an urgency we know nothing about when it comes to processing. We don't know, and we can't judge, what the frustration comes from. It would be wrong to assume entitlement, just like it would be wrong to assume laziness in the Scarborough office. I assume those workers, like anyone else, get sacked if they slack off.

The processing time (currently 23 months) is calculated based on the time it took them in the past to process 80% of applications. This means that, unless processing time is rising significantly, over 3/4 of us should be done within 23 months. As far as I know there is no further breakdown of the 80% available, and an application may very well take 23 months or more and still be a normal process with no unforeseen delays or problems. But we don't know.

My unease purely comes from not knowing. I'll readily admit that I'm also a terrible patient for most doctors, because this patient lacks patience! I distract myself and keep telling myself that there is no emergency or urgency for me, and that they'll know how to find me if they need info or have questions.

Reactions: Yoruba girl

akhileshtekchand

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-O
AOR Received.
20-02-2020
Med's Done....
03-02-2020