tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

My family and I took our test back in February (applied in Sept/Oct 2021). We waited MONTHS for the next update which happened in November. Everything has been marked as completed except the oath which is still not started. On ecas, it says that a decision has been made. We have also seen 2 ghosts updates (one in November and the other on Dec 16). However, it has been more than a month and still no oath invite. Should we reach out to them or continue waiting? Our PR is expiring soon.
I suggest you email your processing office. It helped in my case.

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hey guys, I just completed my oath yesterday and it was smooth. The entire ceremony lasted around an hour and a half. Now waiting for my citizenship certificate.

Though I needed it urgently, I didn't ask for it during registration as I thought I would hv to ask at the end of the ceremony. But my lawyer asked me to mention in the email sent to IRCC with oath form that I need the certificate urgently due to family medical reasons and so I mentioned in the email. So how long is it taking for citizenship certificates to arrive from Scarborough office and what are my chances of getting it faster?

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, after completing the oath, when I sent the oath form, I didn't get any confirmation email back from IRCC. Does everyone get a confirmation email, whether auto generated or not?

Reactions: Evergreen_3034

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
Hi, after completing the oath, when I sent the oath form, I didn't get any confirmation email back from IRCC. Does everyone get a confirmation email, whether auto generated or not?
Yes you need to send the signed copy of oath affirmation form after taking the oath to the same email id from which you received the oath invite. Make sure to include the processing officer's name in the subject line which they have provided during the oath.

No you will not receive any acknowledgement from IRCC but will get automatic email response to your email. Good luck

Hello223

Feb 15, 2022
Hello again,

My family and I applied together but only some of us received an oath invite. When we reached out to ircc, we were told to wait to be scheduled for oath. I thought if you apply as a family, you get the same oath date? All of our tracker is marked as completed except oath ceremony.

TheVoice2020

Apr 21, 2020
Hello again,

My family and I applied together but only some of us received an oath invite. When we reached out to ircc, we were told to wait to be scheduled for oath. I thought if you apply as a family, you get the same oath date? All of our tracker is marked as completed except oath ceremony.
If IRCC told you to wait what do you want from us? they can do what they want book you all together or one by one its simple

Hello223

Feb 15, 2022
If IRCC told you to wait what do you want from us? they can do what they want book you all together or one by one its simple
I was just wondering cause all of the people I know who applied as family were booked for oath together. I was looking for other people who have the same experience as us to know that it is normal to be scheduled separately. There's no need to be rude about it??

seamarine

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Hello,

My family and I took our test back in February (applied in Sept/Oct 2021). We waited MONTHS for the next update which happened in November. Everything has been marked as completed except the oath which is still not started. On ecas, it says that a decision has been made. We have also seen 2 ghosts updates (one in November and the other on Dec 16). However, it has been more than a month and still no oath invite. Should we reach out to them or continue waiting? Our PR is expiring soon.

Hi

Did you send any email to them and /or got a response?

Thanks

seamarine

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
I had my lpp updated to complete on Nov16th and since then no updates, I found this id on one of the threads - ircc.dnscrcitizenshipceremony-ceremoniecitoyennetescrrn.ircc@cic.gc.ca and sent a inquiry email.

1 ) The first response I got was -
THIS IS AN AUTOMATIC REPLY
You have reached the Scarborough Citizenship Ceremony inbox. If you submitted your signed oath form, this is your confirmation of receipt.
If your email is related to anything other than the Ceremonies or citizenship certificates please contact our Client Support Centre at 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only) OR use the online Web form (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp). You will not receive a response to your enquiry via this email.
All enquiries are processed within two business days.
Regards,
Scarborough IRCC Team

2 ) After an hour I got one more email -
Good Day
Thank you for your email. Please note your request was received and you and your family have been scheduled for your Virtual Citizenship Ceremony on February 2, 2023 @ 11:00 am. You will receive the Notice to Appear 1 week prior to the event.
Thank you.
IRCC Scarborough Team
SUP/JG

The 2nd response did not have any ircc logo etc so seemed a bit strange...anybody else has had this happen to them?

Reactions: Shayna22

karem abd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
I had my lpp updated to complete on Nov16th and since then no updates, I found this id on one of the threads - ircc.dnscrcitizenshipceremony-ceremoniecitoyennetescrrn.ircc@cic.gc.ca and sent a inquiry email.

1 ) The first response I got was -

THIS IS AN AUTOMATIC REPLY

You have reached the Scarborough Citizenship Ceremony inbox. If you submitted your signed oath form, this is your confirmation of receipt.

If your email is related to anything other than the Ceremonies or citizenship certificates please contact our Client Support Centre at 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only) OR use the online Web form (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp). You will not receive a response to your enquiry via this email.

All enquiries are processed within two business days.

Regards,

Scarborough IRCC Team

2 ) After an hour I got one more email -

Good Day

Thank you for your email. Please note your request was received and you and your family have been scheduled for your Virtual Citizenship Ceremony on February 2, 2023 @ 11:00 am. You will receive the Notice to Appear 1 week prior to the event.

Thank you.

IRCC Scarborough Team

SUP/JG

The 2nd response did not have any ircc logo etc so seemed a bit strange...anybody else has had this happen to them?
You should be flying from happiness right now because you just got your oath from the main sorce which is the Scarborough office I believe you live either in Brampton or mississauga anyway congratulations
What's your time line?
And what did you exactly asked them ?
And when did you asked them?

seamarine

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
You should be flying from happiness right now because you just got your oath from the main sorce which is the Scarborough office I believe you live either in Brampton or mississauga anyway congratulations
What's your time line?
And what did you exactly asked them ?
And when did you asked them?
Hello

I am not sure about the email as it came at 7.30 pm yesterday ( doubt anybody works that late on Christmas eve ) and with no ircc logo.!!
I applied in April and everything is completed on tracker ( last update nov 16th ) except the citizenship ceremony..so just sent a email asking that since decision is made on eacs when will i get any update.

karem abd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
Hello

I am not sure about the email as it came at 7.30 pm yesterday ( doubt anybody works that late on Christmas eve ) and with no ircc logo.!!

I applied in April and everything is completed on tracker ( last update nov 16th ) except the citizenship ceremony..so just sent a email asking that since decision is made on eacs when will i get any update.
Hello
Put 2 things in your mind
1.if you get the email from the one you've mentioned it's legit
2. Regarding the timing they working from thier homes so they can do whatever they want at any time me personally I received answers from them at the same timing on Saturday but I wished it was my oath like your situation but no they told me I'm still in process anyway not our subject now
When you say April 2022 or 2021 ?

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Yes you need to send the signed copy of oath affirmation form after taking the oath to the same email id from which you received the oath invite. Make sure to include the processing officer's name in the subject line which they have provided during the oath.

No you will not receive any acknowledgement from IRCC but will get automatic email response to your email. Good luck
Hi, after sending the oath form, I neither got an acknowledgement nor did I receive any auto generated email from IRCC. So is it a cause for concern?