+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

seamarine

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Hello
Put 2 things in your mind
1.if you get the email from the one you've mentioned it's legit
2. Regarding the timing they working from thier homes so they can do whatever they want at any time me personally I received answers from them at the same timing on Saturday but I wished it was my oath like your situation but no they told me I'm still in process anyway not our subject now
When you say April 2022 or 2021 ?

Yes, you are correct...
April 2022

naseryas

Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
12-MAR-2016
Is there any entity that oversees IRCC? Im setting at 44 months processing time now. Interview done on Sep 9th with no updates since then. Only background and tests are completed. Tried contacting MP, useless. ATIP notes are pretty non informative. Im not interested in going to court. Family application in Scarborough. RQ requested in interview and all documents were mailed a week after in September.

Reactions: Hello223

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
I had my lpp updated to complete on Nov16th and since then no updates, I found this id on one of the threads - ircc.dnscrcitizenshipceremony-ceremoniecitoyennetescrrn.ircc@cic.gc.ca and sent a inquiry email.

1 ) The first response I got was -
THIS IS AN AUTOMATIC REPLY
You have reached the Scarborough Citizenship Ceremony inbox. If you submitted your signed oath form, this is your confirmation of receipt.
If your email is related to anything other than the Ceremonies or citizenship certificates please contact our Client Support Centre at 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only) OR use the online Web form (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp). You will not receive a response to your enquiry via this email.
All enquiries are processed within two business days.
Regards,
Scarborough IRCC Team

2 ) After an hour I got one more email -
Good Day
Thank you for your email. Please note your request was received and you and your family have been scheduled for your Virtual Citizenship Ceremony on February 2, 2023 @ 11:00 am. You will receive the Notice to Appear 1 week prior to the event.
Thank you.
IRCC Scarborough Team
SUP/JG

The 2nd response did not have any ircc logo etc so seemed a bit strange...anybody else has had this happen to them?
That is normal the email address comes from @cic.gc.ca does not need any logo or whatever it just depends on what system they are using, its not some auto-generated email that comes from their system, its a monitored email box that humans reply to.

Also, IRCC is open 24hrs people just do not know that i applied for a job and the hours are •Availability, willingness and ability to work a variable schedule, between 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., 4 p.m. to 12 a.m. and 12 a.m. to 8 a.m., from Monday to Friday, Sunday to Thursday and/or Tuesday to Saturday. so they for sure work at endless hours especially now as they try to get the backlog down. but also it depends on the department and team as some will be like 8-4 or what not.

seamarine

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
That is normal the email address comes from @cic.gc.ca does not need any logo or whatever it just depends on what system they are using, its not some auto-generated email that comes from their system, its a monitored email box that humans reply to.

Also, IRCC is open 24hrs people just do not know that i applied for a job and the hours are •Availability, willingness and ability to work a variable schedule, between 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., 4 p.m. to 12 a.m. and 12 a.m. to 8 a.m., from Monday to Friday, Sunday to Thursday and/or Tuesday to Saturday. so they for sure work at endless hours especially now as they try to get the backlog down. but also it depends on the department and team as some will be like 8-4 or what not.
Thank you for your response!!

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Is there any entity that oversees IRCC? Im setting at 44 months processing time now. Interview done on Sep 9th with no updates since then. Only background and tests are completed. Tried contacting MP, useless. ATIP notes are pretty non informative. Im not interested in going to court. Family application in Scarborough. RQ requested in interview and all documents were mailed a week after in September.
Nope, IRCC is not governed by any agency your only options are
  • Contact your MP ( if they are not helpful, contact another one)
  • Contact the minister or IRCC Sean (sean.fraser@parl.gc.ca)
  • A few years ago with my PR after 1 year of not hearing from them i contacted the PM's office and they forwarded my email to the then Minister or IRCC my file was closed in 8 months after that, they gave a general reply, but my file started to move ( the email the PM office forward it to was ircc.ministerialcorrespondence-correspondanceministerielle.ircc@cic.gc.ca
    • Or send the email to Sean and that IRCC email all at once.
  • Submit a Webform and ask why your file is delayed.
  • Request an ATIP and request information about your file ( This is horrible because IRCC ATIP's are backlogged to Aug people from aug hasn't gotten their ATIP from IRCC)
  • Take them to Cort and a Judge will ask them to look at the file and make a decision ( you said you do not wanna do that so i guess that is out of the picture)
These are the only options i know off, you can call the call centre as well and ask them for specific information about your file, if you just ask what is the status they will say " your file is processing" you need to ask for specific questions and push them for transparency. i wish you good luck this is sad that you have been waiting so long.

Good luck wish i had more information for you.

Reactions: naseryas

FishSaya

Sep 1, 2022
Hey I am in the same boat.
Did you have anything updated right after the interview, like Language skills or prohibitions? Did they ask for RQ during the interview?
I attended an interview on Dec.2. During the interview, the officer just told me that if they need more documents I would receive an email within 2 weeks. I heard that almost everyone got their status updated (if they requested more documents, at least the Language Skills will be updated to Completed) the same day or the next day right after the interview.
But for me, there is totally nothing updated after my interview.
I tried MP/ATIP notes/email IRCC/web form, but nothing informative.

Chetabhim

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
Wow so happy never expected this in holidays. Scheduled for oath on Feb.8,2023. My timeline is

Applied Online (Single / Toronto): Dec 16 2021
AOR: Feb 13 2022
Background: Aug 23 2022
Test Completed: Sep 20 2022
Presence/Language/Prohibitions: Dec 12 2022
Oath: Feb.8 2023.

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, did anyone here have their oath on December 21 from Scarborough office? If yes, did you receive your citizenship certificate yet?

How long is it taking for Scarborough office to send the cert? I'm assuming due to the holiday season, it must have become slower than otherwise.

lehar.sood

Jan 8, 2016
Hi, did anyone here have their oath on December 21 from Scarborough office? If yes, did you receive your citizenship certificate yet?

How long is it taking for Scarborough office to send the cert? I'm assuming due to the holiday season, it must have become slower than otherwise.
had oath on 21st. Still waiting….

Reactions: Jetrocker

Matthewg

Jul 12, 2018
Did you have anything updated right after the interview, like Language skills or prohibitions? Did they ask for RQ during the interview?
I attended an interview on Dec.2. During the interview, the officer just told me that if they need more documents I would receive an email within 2 weeks. I heard that almost everyone got their status updated (if they requested more documents, at least the Language Skills will be updated to Completed) the same day or the next day right after the interview.
Hey,don't worry.There are bunch of people who got an update after 3-4 weeks from their interview.The next will be lpp completed and oath.Your application is being finalized.

Reactions: FishSaya

Kira77

Sep 4, 2022

not yet. still waiting, I was wondering if they would dispatch the certificate on (thursday / friday)?

Reactions: Jetrocker

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I had RQ-lite right after I returned to Canadao_O