+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

yhome

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
@pripri14: hi, my tracker also updated late last night (Dec 16th) with my oath ceremony changed from ‘not started’ to ‘in progress’ and with a scheduled date for oath.
I think you probably did have an update on your application that the system picked up, even if the items look the same. I would email IRCC and use this system glitch as an opportunity to find out more about your application status:
Dear IRCC agent/officer,
I noticed that my online application tracker states that my application was updated on December 16, 2022. However, the update is not showing up.
Please kindly let me know the update of my application and if I’m on queue for an oath ceremony soon.
Thank you,
….
That’s would I would do under the circumstance.
It doesn’t hurt to try from this angle.
Take care.
Hi Evergreen, I had the same update last night with the oath date. I didn't receive any emails though! Did you receive any emails? Also the update doesn't show if the oath will be online or not.

Reactions: Evergreen_3034

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hi Evergreen, I had the same update last night with the oath date. I didn't receive any emails though! Did you receive any emails? Also the update doesn't show if the oath will be online or not.
Hi yhome, I haven’t received the oath ceremony email either, and my tracker doesn’t show if oath will be online or in-person. I think we will be getting an email about 1-2 weeks before our scheduled ceremony date, which will provide us with the documents and instructions that we will need for virtual or in-person ceremony. I was reading up on how to prepare for ceremony. Here’s the gov link if you’d like to check it out:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html

Reactions: ashvez and yhome

pripri14

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
@pripri14: hi, my tracker also updated late last night (Dec 16th) with my oath ceremony changed from ‘not started’ to ‘in progress’ and with a scheduled date for oath.
I think you probably did have an update on your application that the system picked up, even if the items look the same. I would email IRCC and use this system glitch as an opportunity to find out more about your application status:
Dear IRCC agent/officer,
I noticed that my online application tracker states that my application was updated on December 16, 2022. However, the update is not showing up.
Please kindly let me know the update of my application and if I’m on queue for an oath ceremony soon.
Thank you,
….
That’s would I would do under the circumstance.
It doesn’t hurt to try from this angle.
Take care.
That's a great idea, to which email do you suggest I send this to? The test invite one (Scarborough office) or the oath ceremony one? Thank you as always for your inputs! I really appreciate it.

yhome

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Hi yhome, I haven’t received the oath ceremony email either, and my tracker doesn’t show if oath will be online or in-person. I think we will be getting an email about 1-2 weeks before our scheduled ceremony date, which will provide us with the documents and instructions that we will need for virtual or in-person ceremony. I was reading up on how to prepare for ceremony. Here’s the gov link if you’d like to check it out:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html
Thank you so much! I hope it will be in person so we can get the citizenship certificate right away. I will keep you posted if I received the email.

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
That's a great idea, to which email do you suggest I send this to? The test invite one (Scarborough office) or the oath ceremony one? Thank you as always for your inputs! I really appreciate it.
@pripri14: I think the ceremony one would be good. Usually, if we email the test one, they reply with generic response that if it’s not related to the test, don’t email them, basically. Plus, you already took test, so it’s behind you. You are now looking ahead of it. So I think the ceremony one is best.
Take care.

Reactions: pripri14

karem abd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
Hey I just got a ghost update today (Dec 16th) and all my old completed steps starting from AOR are coming up as "New Update", not sure what this means though.
Hello
Same here with no changes just the old stuff marked as a new update
Thanks for the update let's keep each other updated because we're in the same boat

bhatla1983

Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello
Same here with no changes just the old stuff marked as a new update
Thanks for the update let's keep each other updated because we're in the same boat

Same for me as well..everything marked as new update. Finally! Presence/Language/Prohibitions marked to completed...timeline in signature.

Br33zer

Mar 18, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Guys, I have my Oath scheduled on Jan 31, 2023. Is there a way I can reschedule it to Jan 30, 2023 or any date before Jan 31? My wife starts her new job from Jan 31 and I want her to be with me during the ceremony.

On what email should I send this request to IRCC? (I know there are 0 chances of IRCC honouring my request, but I still want to give it a shot)

I received fingerprint request from Vancouver Office and Test request from Scarborough Office.

naseryas

Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
12-MAR-2016
Hey I just got a ghost update today (Dec 16th) and all my old completed steps starting from AOR are coming up as "New Update", not sure what this means though.
Same ghost update here as well. No changes.

yhome

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Until I receive the email instructions, does anyone had in person ceremony in the recent months (scr office) ?

ashvez

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
I had a question please for the ones who finished the oath ceremony. Once the ceremony is over we need to send the oath affirmation form through email. I sent it to the email from which the oath invite came. Should I be getting an acknowledgement from IRCC?
Thank you!