+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

FishSaya

Sep 1, 2022
I actually have a unique case too, cause I've been outside of Canada for almost 3 years within my PR period and left right after applying for citizenship. Did you have a similar case? What did they ask you about physical presence? What should I call my MP about?
I have a similar case as yours I think. I left Canada right after my application (Oct.2020) due to some family matters. I was called back to attend an in-person interview on Dec.8th at their Scarborough Office. Already booked the ticket on Oct.2nd. I will let you know what happens after the interview later.
I am worry about the interview. Anyone have a similar experience? Does anyone know how long I have to wait after the interview to get the Oath?

bhatla1983

Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, has anyone else had their AOR in February 2022 and have their background plus test completed but everything else in progress?
Also, have any AOR February 2022 applicants receive an oath invite yet?

Thank you
Yes Feb'2022 AOR. Please check signature for timeline. Same status as you. No update after completing exam on 20th Sep 2022.

Reactions: Evergreen_3034

Neha_shah

Sep 12, 2021
Hello everyone,
What email address are you guys using to send emails to Scarborough office I sent one to the id I got my test invite from and got a message saying if it’s not any documents related to the test the email will be deleted and no response will be provided.
It’s been more than 100days since I completed my test:(

slw

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-17
AOR Received.
30-01-17
Med's Done....
27-02-17
Passport Req..
18-04-17
LANDED..........
28-04-17
So Citizenship tracker says I am scheduled for Oath on 23 Nov. Didn't receive any email yet. I emailed Scarborough office on the same email on which test invitation was sent to ask about the oath email. I got a reply that I am scheduled for In person interview on 23 Nov.
Tense at the moment!!!
sorry do you mind sharing which email you used?

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hey, my tracker just got updated and everything except oath turned green .
This is wonderful news! Did you send them an email for update or call them at all? If you did send an email, please let me know which email address.
I just checked my application and I’m still only test and background check as completed.
Please keep us updated. I’ll do the same.

Thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: iluvtomorrowland

aakif2013

Jul 20, 2013
Just received DM yesterday. Now I wait for the Oath.

I will be traveling in mid-January, so I would ideally like to get the invite ASAP.

Seems like there are no urgent processing requests possible for the Oath, but I am hoping I can get the certificate immediately (I would drive 5 hours to SCR if needed).

Here is the tale of the tape for my application:

CPC: Toronto; Type: Single; PPD: 1115;
Sent: Oct 06, 2020;
Delivered: Oct 09, 2020;
AOR: Jan 28, 2021;
IP: Feb 23, 2021;
Test: Feb 27, 2022;
FP RQ: May 06, 2022;
Interview: Jul 14, 2022;
DM: Nov 22, 2022;
Oath: ???

I have emailed the test invite and the citizenship ceremony emails. Generic response from test invite (in queue to receive oath, nothing scheduled) and 'do not expect response' from the citizenship ceremony email.

Is there any other way to get the Oath ASAP?
Normally it takes one week to update the oath date. Just relax for one more week.

Reactions: BOYX

Canadianthisyear

Nov 8, 2022
Hello, this is wonderful news/update! Please share your timeline so that we may see the journey in obtaining oath.
Thank you.
Hi, my timeline is in my signature; beginning of Dec online aplicant, mid Feb AOR, BG completed end of Aug, test passed mid Sept, the rest completed start of Nov, oath Dec 29. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

pripri14

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
Hi, my timeline it's in my signature; beginning of Dec online aplicant, mid Feb AOR, BG completed end of Aug, test passed mid Sept, the rest completed start of Nov, oath Dec 29. Good luck everyone!
Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your information. It's great to see movements for Dec 2021 Scarborough applications, I am a Nov 2021 applicant (same office), hoping to see some updates soon.

rahuldokwal

May 31, 2016
Hello Members,

For my wife, Language, prohibition marked completed but physical presence is still in progress. What I observed from other timeline all 3 will be marked completed at the same time.
Can anyone suggest is this normal or anyone in the same boat

Thanks

write2vicky

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
I have a similar case as yours I think. I left Canada right after my application (Oct.2020) due to some family matters. I was called back to attend an in-person interview on Dec.8th at their Scarborough Office. Already booked the ticket on Oct.2nd. I will let you know what happens after the interview later.
I am worry about the interview. Anyone have a similar experience? Does anyone know how long I have to wait after the interview to get the Oath?
I also left Canada after filling my application and stayed in my country for 3.5 years. Multiple people do that. There is no rule to stay in country after filing citizenship application. Only condition is if IRCC ask you to be back in country for any step in process(like test, interview, oath) you should be able to come back. No need to worry at all. They generally do not ask why you are not in country because everyone has their own responsibilities and duties. It can be job, family health. But for last 3 years, everyone has valid reason. This is what I thought to tell if they would have asked me. We went to our country and got stuck due to COVID and now looking to better option to settle back to Canada. But they did not ask me. After interview, Oath is scheduled immediately unless background check is not expired which adds 1 month delay. Wish you all the best.

ashvez

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
I finished my interview yesterday at Mississauga Office. My Journey through the interview.
It was in the morning 8:15 am , my turn came at 11 am and by the time I finished it was 11:25 am. My officer was a person who checks everything in detail. Usual questions about address, work, travel dates and also any stamps which are in a language other than English,they will ask about that. I had already got it translated those stamps when they had asked me to provide the scanned copies of the passport in April 2022.
But, I feel they see the application only when they call for an interview, as they should have checked these things before and verified with their sources.
The officer told me he would like to verify the stamp with their sources if he is good with what I have provided then I will get an oath invite for in person or virtual ceremony in 2-4 months. All the officers are polite .

My tracker for background from 'completed' has been updated today to 'In progress' :(
And the interview which already happened yesterday is showing now as you are due for an interview. So messed up.
So waiting game still continues. Hope he is satisfied and I can reach the finish line soon.