+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Just received DM yesterday. Now I wait for the Oath.

I will be traveling in mid-January, so I would ideally like to get the invite ASAP.

Seems like there are no urgent processing requests possible for the Oath, but I am hoping I can get the certificate immediately (I would drive 5 hours to SCR if needed).

Here is the tale of the tape for my application:

CPC: Toronto; Type: Single; PPD: 1115;
Sent: Oct 06, 2020;
Delivered: Oct 09, 2020;
AOR: Jan 28, 2021;
IP: Feb 23, 2021;
Test: Feb 27, 2022;
FP RQ: May 06, 2022;
Interview: Jul 14, 2022;
DM: Nov 22, 2022;
Oath: ???

I have emailed the test invite and the citizenship ceremony emails. Generic response from test invite (in queue to receive oath, nothing scheduled) and 'do not expect response' from the citizenship ceremony email.

Is there any other way to get the Oath ASAP?

Last edited:

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
I also applied in December 2001, and from the looks of it, my application has a similar timeline to yours, and is also in Scarborough. Most people in this thread have been waiting for quite a while, so I'm thinking Scarborough is not exactly speedy when it comes to processing citizenship applications.

According to the timeline in your signature, language skills, physical presence, prohibitions are still in progress. Those need to be completed first by the processing office. It is only after those are marked complete that you will get an oath invite (and even then, likely not immediately).

Most emails coming out of this process are "generic", but that doesn't mean they didn't briefly glance at your application before choosing which generic template to send, or whether to perhaps send a custom email. I admit that this template is not the best fit as an answer to your question, and should instead have said something along the lines of "We are still working on your application. Once we are done processing your application, you will, if approved, get an oath date by email within one week of your oath ceremony."

I wouldn't worry for now, things seem to be going. Slowly yes. But going...
Appreciate your insight, thank you! Our timelines are very similar, so true!

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018

I will be traveling in mid-January, so I would ideally like to get the invite ASAP.

Seems like there are no urgent processing requests possible for the Oath, but I am hoping I can get the certificate immediately (I would drive 5 hours to SCR if needed).

I have emailed the test invite and the citizenship ceremony emails. Generic response from test invite (in queue to receive oath, nothing scheduled) and 'do not expect response' from the citizenship ceremony email.

Hi, my guess as a last resort would be to call IRCC and explain your situation and see if they can provide you with an update or tentative date for oath.

ashvez

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012

Hi , thank you for the timeline. Wanted to ask how the interview was ? What do they ask ? How long did it take for you ? Thank you!

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Hi , thank you for the timeline. Wanted to ask how the interview was ? What do they ask ? How long did it take for you ? Thank you!
Interview was horrible and the cause for the whole delay. I wouldn't worry too much since my circumstances are surprisingly super unique.

But generally, they ask simple questions that you've already answered in the application like can you confirm all trips outside of Canada. Also, some updates like what are you currently doing for work? Have you moved?

Very easy, very simple, I wouldn't worry if I were you. Unless you have a complex file like being outside of Canada for a long period of time or something; then you should worry and begin calling your MPs office daily!

ashvez

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Interview was horrible and the cause for the whole delay. I wouldn't worry too much since my circumstances are surprisingly super unique.

But generally, they ask simple questions that you've already answered in the application like can you confirm all trips outside of Canada. Also, some updates like what are you currently doing for work? Have you moved?

Very easy, very simple, I wouldn't worry if I were you. Unless you have a complex file like being outside of Canada for a long period of time or something; then you should worry and begin calling your MPs office daily!
Thank you for your detailed response. Just Dmed you.

lila777

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015

I actually have a unique case too, cause I've been outside of Canada for almost 3 years within my PR period and left right after applying for citizenship. Did you have a similar case? What did they ask you about physical presence? What should I call my MP about?

Reactions: BOYX

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
My test was completed on September 27 and updated in tracker on September 28. AOR - Feb 28.

No further updates from Scarborough office yet and I believe new tracker is now outdated for everyone. :(
Hi iluvtomorrowland, we have similar timelines and we seem to be in same situation.
I hope that we can get some update very soon or see movement with our application.

Reactions: iluvtomorrowland

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
I actually have a unique case too, cause I've been outside of Canada for almost 3 years within my PR period and left right after applying for citizenship. Did you have a similar case? What did they ask you about physical presence? What should I call my MP about?
Two options, but both require 24 months of processing time or more:
  • Call/e-mail your MP regularly (start once a week, increase from there if no useful response). Tell them your situation and how it is exceeding the routine timeline. Typically they know this inside out, so they'll know how to help immediately.
  • If that doesn't work and you have money to spare (~$1500), look into requesting a writ of Mandamus.
They asked me for a PCC which I didn't have because I was a minor in my previous country of residency. The application actually states you need to be over 18 to submit the PCC. Anyways, I told the officer this but they still requested I provide one; my previous residency told me they cannot issue one as I was a minor during the full extent of my stay; told the officer and they 'eventually' approved it. But 'eventually' was 5 months later and honestly, I think they finally got around to it because someone from the MP's office called me and was very encouraged to help. Because literally the day after the call from the MP's office, I received an email from my officer saying they granted me my citizenship.

brave heart 100

May 9, 2018

how did you know about your DM,did they send email or other means?