+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

ashvez

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
First finger print: Jun 3, 2019
Second finger print: May 4,2021
Third finger print: Oct 3,2022(After interview)
They did not say anything about oath during interview because BG was expired. After receiving finger print by them, when I did not see all fields marked complete even after 10 days, I sent email to them and then they scheduled Oath for 12 December.
Thank you for letting me know your journey. Lets see what happens with my interview. Hoping it goes smoothly.

Reactions: write2vicky

figsalad

Oct 20, 2021
Hello everyone, I need your advice :) Details of my application are in signature.

I have just (Nov 17) received a letter "INVITATION TO AN INTERVIEW WITH A CITIZENSHIP OFFICIAL AND VERIFICATION OF IDENTITY/DOCUMENTS", to attend on December 1st, in person (says in email, not in letter), in Scarborough. I am currently outside of Canada, and have been since I submitted application (august 2019) due to my mother's illness. If you have received a similar letter, what was your interview experience like? I am considering whether to fly back for interview or to request to take interview online. Even if says "in person" on the email, could I request to take it online? Anyone has experience with this?

I have read that some people are doing interview and oath same day in Scarborough. So I am considering flying back for 2 days in case I am also invited to oath. Did they tell you in the letter that you would do both or was it a surprise after the interview? I also read that recently they have been scheduling online oaths?

Any advice and all information are welcome, as I don't have much time to make decision. Thank you!
Had the same a month ago, at Scarborough too. It has to be in person--they don't accept online--and I'd just pay for the plane ticket and come if I were you. Those who postpone it report waiting a few more months for the same in person meeting once more.

Reactions: write2vicky

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hello,
My application has not been updated ever since I completed/passed my test.
Even though I have not received any emails regarding oath ceremony whatsoever, I emailed IRCC (Scarborough’s oath ceremony email) and asked if they had any status on my oath ceremony.
Please let me know - anyone please- if they think that IRCC’s response to my email is generic & if they have received a similar response or if this means that I can still get an oath invite soon:

“Thank you for your email. Please be advised that your ceremony has not been scheduled yet but you will receive your invitation for your ceremony by email WITHIN one week of the event date. Please check your email regularly, including the Junk/Spam folders. You can set this email address as safe address to prevent our communications to be filtered into your Spam/Junk folder.”

karem abd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
Hello,
My application has not been updated ever since I completed/passed my test.
Even though I have not received any emails regarding oath ceremony whatsoever, I emailed IRCC (Scarborough’s oath ceremony email) and asked if they had any status on my oath ceremony.
Please let me know - anyone please- if they think that IRCC’s response to my email is generic & if they have received a similar response or if this means that I can still get an oath invite soon:

“Thank you for your email. Please be advised that your ceremony has not been scheduled yet but you will receive your invitation for your ceremony by email WITHIN one week of the event date. Please check your email regularly, including the Junk/Spam folders. You can set this email address as safe address to prevent our communications to be filtered into your Spam/Junk folder.”
Hello
Every time I try to enter your signature to see your time line it dosen't alow me saying that you limiting who can see it I just want to know are we in the same time line as long we are in the same office
And regarding the email you sent when you received the answer was it the same ceremony email or different email because in your answer it's better than the one I got because they told you that your waiting for your ceremony to be scheduled which is bullsh*t but still
Because in my case they've been so deceiving by telling me and I quote
(You wating for an event in due course when the right time comes you'll be contacted by your local IRCC office)
I don't know what kind of event they talking about the last thing I did was completing my test so all I have so far is my BG and test completed and wating for more than 4 months now

Reactions: Evergreen_3034

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hello,
Every time I try to enter your signature to see your time line it dosen't alow me saying that you limiting who can see it I just want to know are we in the same time line as long we are in the same office
And regarding the email you sent when you received the answer was it the same ceremony email or different email because in your answer it's better than the one I got because they told you that your waiting for your ceremony to be scheduled which is bullsh*t but still
Because in my case they've been so deceiving by telling me and I quote
(You wating for an event in due course when the right time comes you'll be contacted by your local IRCC office)
I don't know what kind of event they talking about the last thing I did was completing my test so all I have so far is my BG and test completed and wating for more than 4 months now
@karem abd:
Thank you for your reply and input!
I did send IRCC an email with the email address that’s for oath ceremony for Scarborough office. Someone here had posted such email address in the forum.

Its difficult to know for sure if we are getting generic responses or if the response actually means something, such as a next step or that they are actively working on our application/case.

But it seems both of us did receive a vague response. I was hoping that it meant something…

Thank you, again!

FishSaya

Sep 1, 2022
Hello everyone, I need your advice :) Details of my application are in signature.

I have just (Nov 17) received a letter "INVITATION TO AN INTERVIEW WITH A CITIZENSHIP OFFICIAL AND VERIFICATION OF IDENTITY/DOCUMENTS", to attend on December 1st, in person (says in email, not in letter), in Scarborough. I am currently outside of Canada, and have been since I submitted application (august 2019) due to my mother's illness. If you have received a similar letter, what was your interview experience like? I am considering whether to fly back for interview or to request to take interview online. Even if says "in person" on the email, could I request to take it online? Anyone has experience with this?

I have read that some people are doing interview and oath same day in Scarborough. So I am considering flying back for 2 days in case I am also invited to oath. Did they tell you in the letter that you would do both or was it a surprise after the interview? I also read that recently they have been scheduling online oaths?

Any advice and all information are welcome, as I don't have much time to make decision. Thank you!
I am in the same boat. My interview invitation is at Dec.8th. I am locating abroad due to family matters. So I have to to back home asap after I get the new passport.
I decided to go back to take the in person interview and already booked a ticket on Dec.2nd.
Could you please share your interview experience later? And good luck on your interview. Hoping everything will go smoothly.

rejjiin

Oct 16, 2019
@karem abd:
I did send IRCC an email with the email address that’s for oath ceremony for Scarborough office. Someone here had posted such email address in the forum.

Its difficult to know for sure if we are getting generic responses or if the response actually means something, such as a next step or that they are actively working on our application/case.

But it seems both of us did receive a vague response. I was hoping that it meant something…

Thank you, again!
My test and BG was marked as complete 7 months prior to today. No updates after that. I did email the oath ceremony mailbox and got a generic response that my application is ‘in process’. I am pretty sure my application is with an officer on long leave or had quit and is waiting for being reassigned which honestly
May take ages.

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
My test and BG was marked as complete 7 months prior to today. No updates after that. I did email the oath ceremony mailbox and got a generic response that my application is ‘in process’. I am pretty sure my application is with an officer on long leave or had quit and is waiting for being reassigned which honestly
May take ages.
@rejjiin:
Thanks for your input! Based on their replies to our emails, it does seem as though they just answer our emails with generic sentences and may not even take a good look at our application/case when we sent them the emails.

They seem to just want to remove the emails in their inbox ASAP so that inbox is cleared, without actually doing work/review on our applications. We just have to keep the faith and hope that at some point movement begins to happen again.
I’m so tempted to also call them but I feel I already emailed oath ceremony office-so I don’t want to be a nuisance.

I wonder if members here at our forum have emailed PLUS phone them and have actually then had movement/updates in their application.
Take care.

aakif2013

Jul 20, 2013
@rejjiin:
Thanks for your input! Based on their replies to our emails, it does seem as though they just answer our emails with generic sentences and may not even take a good look at our application/case when we sent them the emails.

They seem to just want to remove the emails in their inbox ASAP so that inbox is cleared, without actually doing work/review on our applications. We just have to keep the faith and hope that at some point movement begins to happen again.
I’m so tempted to also call them but I feel I already emailed oath ceremony office-so I don’t want to be a nuisance.

I wonder if members here at our forum have emailed PLUS phone them and have actually then had movement/updates in their application.
Take care.
I always send the email to the test invite. I noticed some time they take action based on it. Some times rheu send generic response too.

Dutchgirl

Star Member
Oct 13, 2022
@karem abd:

Thank you, again!
I also applied in December 2001, and from the looks of it, my application has a similar timeline to yours, and is also in Scarborough. Most people in this thread have been waiting for quite a while, so I'm thinking Scarborough is not exactly speedy when it comes to processing citizenship applications.

According to the timeline in your signature, language skills, physical presence, prohibitions are still in progress. Those need to be completed first by the processing office. It is only after those are marked complete that you will get an oath invite (and even then, likely not immediately).

Most emails coming out of this process are "generic", but that doesn't mean they didn't briefly glance at your application before choosing which generic template to send, or whether to perhaps send a custom email. I admit that this template is not the best fit as an answer to your question, and should instead have said something along the lines of "We are still working on your application. Once we are done processing your application, you will, if approved, get an oath date by email within one week of your oath ceremony."

I wouldn't worry for now, things seem to be going. Slowly yes. But going...

yv9205

Feb 15, 2022
So from everything in this form it looks like all the Scarborough Nov 2021 applicants are fcked up after test dead silence no movement correct me if I was wrong
Don't worry, I am a July 2021 applicant and so far after completion of BG (March 2022) and Test (August 2022), I heard from them only for passport scan copies in early Nov and so far there is no update from them.
I don't see any tracker update with regards to requesting the passport scan copies, Not sure what is happening with my application