+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

figsalad

Oct 20, 2021
Hi all,

After 3 and a half years of application wait time, and 12 years in Canada, I finally received the citizenship ceremony invitation yesterday--it's for Nov 28th. YAY!

Do you guys know how long it takes to get the citizenship certificate afterwards? I'm seeing folks mention 1 week on the forum, but the official invite mentions up to 2 or 4 weeks. Is there any way to get it within a week or so? I'd need to travel 10 days after my citizenship ceremony for work.

rejjiin

Oct 16, 2019
Hi Guys,

Can anyone comment on the ghost updates?

I received a ghost update on my tracker 7th Oct (as most of us did) , yesterday the last updated date changed from October 7 to October 8 but nothing changed. Did something similar happen to anyone else? any insights might be useful.
Hi - I am in same boat. I doubt it means anything.

naten

Feb 20, 2018
Hi all,

After 3 and a half years of application wait time, and 12 years in Canada, I finally received the citizenship ceremony invitation yesterday--it's for Nov 28th. YAY!

Do you guys know how long it takes to get the citizenship certificate afterwards? I'm seeing folks mention 1 week on the forum, but the official invite mentions up to 2 or 4 weeks. Is there any way to get it within a week or so? I'd need to travel 10 days after my citizenship ceremony for work.
did u receive the email that indicates virtual oath?

sahilsid

May 16, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Had my virtual oath with SCR on 10th Novand spoke to the IRCC officer that I may need the certificate as I have travel plans in early Dec.
She confirmed that she'll try sending it by Monday (14th) but my status still says in progress.

Anyone knows that status may take more days to get updated after online oath irrespective of certificate being sent?

Thanks

chow 423

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hi, I attended a citizenship interview on the 14th Nov this month at Scarborough, however, my tracker has not been updated yet. anyone has any idea when it will be updated on the tracker?

figsalad

Oct 20, 2021
did u receive the email that indicates virtual oath?
Yes!

I am seeing elsewhere that some people have been able to get it urgently: either by mail (takes roughly a week) or by going topick it up physically two days after the oath. In both cases they had to ask the officer during the citizenship ceremony it seems.

Reactions: naten

aespi

Nov 18, 2022
Hello everyone, I need your advice :) Details of my application are in signature.

I have just (Nov 17) received a letter "INVITATION TO AN INTERVIEW WITH A CITIZENSHIP OFFICIAL AND VERIFICATION OF IDENTITY/DOCUMENTS", to attend on December 1st, in person (says in email, not in letter), in Scarborough. I am currently outside of Canada, and have been since I submitted application (august 2019) due to my mother's illness. If you have received a similar letter, what was your interview experience like? I am considering whether to fly back for interview or to request to take interview online. Even if says "in person" on the email, could I request to take it online? Anyone has experience with this?

I have read that some people are doing interview and oath same day in Scarborough. So I am considering flying back for 2 days in case I am also invited to oath. Did they tell you in the letter that you would do both or was it a surprise after the interview? I also read that recently they have been scheduling online oaths?

Any advice and all information are welcome, as I don't have much time to make decision. Thank you!

gehaif

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Good morning.
How I know my processing office? I live Scarborough, but I make sure this is my office? I just did the test this morning

write2vicky

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
Hello everyone, I need your advice :) Details of my application are in signature.

I have just (Nov 17) received a letter "INVITATION TO AN INTERVIEW WITH A CITIZENSHIP OFFICIAL AND VERIFICATION OF IDENTITY/DOCUMENTS", to attend on December 1st, in person (says in email, not in letter), in Scarborough. I am currently outside of Canada, and have been since I submitted application (august 2019) due to my mother's illness. If you have received a similar letter, what was your interview experience like? I am considering whether to fly back for interview or to request to take interview online. Even if says "in person" on the email, could I request to take it online? Anyone has experience with this?

I have read that some people are doing interview and oath same day in Scarborough. So I am considering flying back for 2 days in case I am also invited to oath. Did they tell you in the letter that you would do both or was it a surprise after the interview? I also read that recently they have been scheduling online oaths?

Any advice and all information are welcome, as I don't have much time to make decision. Thank you!
I also had in person interview and expected that I will also have oath on same day. But I came to know during Interview that background check is expired so I had to submit finger print again which added delay of another 1 month in Oath. During interview, they also ask your current residency status and what is your plan. They asked me atleast. They may consider for Oath if you show proof for medical reason. You can request them for online but also prepare for offline interview. I will suggest to complete steps as requested by them either online or offline and do not postpone any step.

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
I applied in March 2021, bg check got completed in Aug 2021, test completed on Sept 30 2021. Yesterday, I got an interview invitation for December 1. My office is Scarborough one. I'm so happy that there's some progress in my file. However, I have some queries and issues to discuss. Please find them below.

1) What can I expect during the interview? I mean what do they ask generally? And if everything is satisfactory, then would I get DM quickly?

2)My father has been admitted to hospital in India recently. Also he had got diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. I'm also waiting to go to India in order to search for a life partner and get married as it's already gotten late due to waiting for citizenship oath and am going to turn 34 years old in January 2023.

So can I bring these issues during my interview and request the officer to issue me a faster oath date?

3) Generally, how long is it taking to get an oath date after DM for 2021 applicants?

4) Do I have to carry documents related to my father's illness?

5) Is there a possibility of getting done with the oath and interview on the same day?

I request anyone to please answer my queries.

ashvez

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
I also had in person interview and expected that I will also have oath on same day. But I came to know during Interview that background check is expired so I had to submit finger print again which added delay of another 1 month in Oath. During interview, they also ask your current residency status and what is your plan. They asked me atleast. They may consider for Oath if you show proof for medical reason. You can request them for online but also prepare for offline interview. I will suggest to complete steps as requested by them either online or offline and do not postpone any step.
Thank you for giving details on the interview with your experience. I am scheduled for a personal interview next week.
If I may can you please let me know when was your BG check done? Just to know what is the timeline for expiration of BG check.Thank you!
Further, did they tell you when will you be having your oath. I mean did they give a date ?

naten

Feb 20, 2018
I applied in March 2021, bg check got completed in Aug 2021, test completed on Sept 30 2021. Yesterday, I got an interview invitation for December 1. My office is Scarborough one. I'm so happy that there's some progress in my file. However, I have some queries and issues to discuss. Please find them below.

1) What can I expect during the interview? I mean what do they ask generally? And if everything is satisfactory, then would I get DM quickly?

2)My father has been admitted to hospital in India recently. Also he had got diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. I'm also waiting to go to India in order to search for a life partner and get married as it's already gotten late due to waiting for citizenship oath and am going to turn 34 years old in January 2023.

So can I bring these issues during my interview and request the officer to issue me a faster oath date?

3) Generally, how long is it taking to get an oath date after DM for 2021 applicants?

4) Do I have to carry documents related to my father's illness?

5) Is there a possibility of getting done with the oath and interview on the same day?

I request anyone to please answer my queries.
they may give u oath at the same day.

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
they may give u oath at the same day.
Hi, thanks for your response. I have the doctor's letter from the hospital. So do I send the letter now or do I show it to them on interview day? If I show them on interview day, still is there a possibility of getting oath on same day?

naten

Feb 20, 2018
Hi, thanks for your response. I have the doctor's letter from the hospital. So do I send the letter now or do I show it to them on interview day? If I show them on interview day, still is there a possibility of getting oath on same day?
depends, i recommend just improvise.

write2vicky

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
Thank you for giving details on the interview with your experience. I am scheduled for a personal interview next week.
If I may can you please let me know when was your BG check done? Just to know what is the timeline for expiration of BG check.Thank you!
Further, did they tell you when will you be having your oath. I mean did they give a date ?
First finger print: Jun 3, 2019
Second finger print: May 4,2021
Third finger print: Oct 3,2022(After interview)
They did not say anything about oath during interview because BG was expired. After receiving finger print by them, when I did not see all fields marked complete even after 10 days, I sent email to them and then they scheduled Oath for 12 December.

Reactions: ashvez