May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Hi guys,

What should you bring to the citizenship event/interview to address the following category:

"All your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form)."

The only supporting documents I photocopied are my diplomas (for proof of French and English fluency) and my Ontario health card (for photocopy of personal identification document). Are these the only original docs I must bring to satisfy the requirement of the aforementioned category?
Original ID such as health card, driver license if u have, PR Card, COPR, passports that covered the years for citizenship application, etc, maybe your tax assessments

sahilsid

May 16, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Sharing recent update to my timelines below:
Application type: Online
AOR: Nov 25, 2021
Background Completed: April 19, 2022

Test Invite Office : IRCC Scarborough

Citizenship Test Invite : April 29, 2022
Citizenship Test Taken: May 13, 2022
Citizenship Test updated to Complete: May 16, 2022
Last updated: May 17, 2022
Language, Physical presence and Prohibitions completed: October 7, 2022
Citizenship oath activity updated: October 11, 2022
Citizenship oath Scheduled: November 10, 2022

Thanks a lot everyone for all the information provided and best of luck to those awaiting next update.

tbear

Aug 12, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London (BWJ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Doc's Request.
26/08/2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.5
Med's Done....
08/09/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016
Hi Everyone,

Thanks a lot everyone for all the information provided and best of luck to those awaiting next update.
Congratulations, I have very similar timeline to you including the last updated date lol

Can you please tell me which date did you apply for it ? and if you sent any follow up to them ?

TIA

sahilsid

May 16, 2016
Congratulations, I have very similar timeline to you including the last updated date lol

Can you please tell me which date did you apply for it ? and if you sent any follow up to them ?

TIA
Thanks @tbear , my family had submitted paper application in May this year and have their oath Scheduled for next week. I had sent a webform last week describing our family travel plans for Jan'23 and requested to initiate my oath as well so that we can go together for the trip. Also mentioned that my test was completed in May'22 and there were no further updates. Not sure if the webform request triggered my updates or it was picked up automatically.

I applied online in mid September'21. All the best.

Raynen

Feb 9, 2015
Hi. I'm a September 2019 applicant. Yesterday I was an in-person interview (Scarborough office). The officer checked all my IDs (health card, PR card, and passports). We spoke about my travels, job, and marital status. He asked me about future plans. I took my oath ceremony and citizenship certificate on the same day.

Victory2017

Jun 30, 2017
Hi. I'm a September 2019 applicant. Yesterday I was an in-person interview (Scarborough office). The officer checked all my IDs (health card, PR card, and passports). We spoke about my travels, job, and marital status. He asked me about future plans. I took my oath ceremony and citizenship certificate on the same day.
Congratulations

Reactions: Raynen

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Many Congratulations @sahilsid

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
Many Congratulations @sahilsid
Congratulations and don’t forget; 10 days before the Oath , IRCC should send an email with instructions & time of ceremony. Generally the ceremony had been via Zoom.
May be IRCC is going to make in person Oath. If the ceremony is via Zoom, you should sign “Affirmation of Citizenship Form “ . (The Form takes part of Invitation Email & instructions). Send back the Oath Form ( after signed) to the email address indicated on the form.
Again , congratulations!

sahilsid

May 16, 2016
Congratulations and don’t forget; 10 days before the Oath , IRCC should send an email with instructions & time of ceremony. Generally the ceremony had been via Zoom.
May be IRCC is going to make in person Oath. If the ceremony is via Zoom, you should sign “Affirmation of Citizenship Form “ . (The Form takes part of Invitation Email & instructions). Send back the Oath Form ( after signed) to the email address indicated on the form.
Again , congratulations!
Thanks @Toronto1971 , surely will look out for instructions in the invitation. My family has in person oath next week at Scarborough. May be they have started with both options for Scarborough... will confirm though on invitation.

Reactions: Toronto1971

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
Thanks @Toronto1971 , surely will look out for instructions in the invitation. My family has in person oath next week at Scarborough. May be they have started with both options for Scarborough... will confirm though on invitation.
Better to be in person , but if it’s online ( as mine ), don’t worry. It’s easy, but don’t forget to sign the Oath Form , send that immediately to the indicated email ( enter 2 days). Certificate of Citizenship normally arrives after 1 week. You are close to the end, nothing to worry anymore! Good luck in your future plans!

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
Better to be in person , but if it’s online ( as mine ), don’t worry. It’s easy, but don’t forget to sign the Oath Form , send that immediately to the indicated email ( enter 2 days). Certificate of Citizenship normally arrives after 1 week. You are close to the end, nothing to worry anymore! Good luck in your future plans!
Forgot to tell; send the Oath Form immediately AFTER the OATH CEREMONY! Not more than 2 days after .
Congratulations, again. I’m happy seeing people realizing their lives & goals.

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hello,

Has anyone been in the situation where your online application says that “your citizenship application status: updated ***** date”. But you notice that nothing has changed; your items that were in progress (prohibitions, physical presence, language) continue to be in progress, etc.
Please let me know if this is a good sign that perhaps these items will be changed to completed soon, or if this update really doesn’t mean anything in particular. Thank you.

Your citizenship application status
Updated:October 8, 2022

Your citizenship application status: In progress

My timeline:
- Online Application completed/submitted: December 16, 2021
- AOR: Feb 22, 2022
- Background completed: August 31, 2022
- Citizenship test status has been updated to
In progress: September 2, 2022
- Scheduled for citizenship test: September 9, 2022 (they gave me a window of time to complete test, Sept 9-Sept 29)
- Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed: September 28, 2022 (I took test on September 27, 2022)
- Language skills, physical presence, prohibitions: In progress
- Citizenship ceremony: not started

Last edited: