+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

sahilsid

May 16, 2016
Forgot to tell; send the Oath Form immediately AFTER the OATH CEREMONY! Not more than 2 days after .
Congratulations, again. I’m happy seeing people realizing their lives & goals.
Thanks again :) ... Will keep a note to sign and send across the oath form... If it's in person, then better to have that experience.. Congrats and all the best to you as well for your ceremony next week!!

pal-3

Mar 27, 2013
Hi. I'm a September 2019 applicant. Yesterday I was an in-person interview (Scarborough office). The officer checked all my IDs (health card, PR card, and passports). We spoke about my travels, job, and marital status. He asked me about future plans. I took my oath ceremony and citizenship certificate on the same day.
so immediately after the interview on the same day they gave you the oath and citizenship certificate? wow thats v fast. Congratulations.

Reactions: Toronto1971

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
so immediately after the interview on the same day they gave you the oath and citizenship certificate? wow thats v fast. Congratulations.
Completely true!
On September 2022 ( one month ago ) I had my interview and saw generally applicants from 2018-2019, talking interview and Oath ceremony same day. Couldn’t believe how many 2018- 2019 applicants were still expecting their “Decision Made “. So, this kind of procedure is created from IRCC to speed up citizenship process that had been stopped during the Covid-19 pandemic . Good luck to everyone !

naten

Feb 20, 2018
Completely true!
On September 2022 ( one month ago ) I had my interview and saw generally applicants from 2018-2019, talking interview and Oath ceremony same day. Couldn’t believe how many 2018- 2019 applicants were still expecting their “Decision Made “. So, this kind of procedure is created from IRCC to speed up citizenship process that had been stopped during the Covid-19 pandemic . Good luck to everyone !
did u also have yours in decision made?

Farah2018

Sep 9, 2018
My spouse and I applied for citizenship online separately. We got virtual oath invitation for the same oath ceremony. We have separate seat numbers. Is it possible to attend the ceremony together using the same device? If "yes", how to do that?
Forum members, please share your opinions. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toronto1971

mat_fm

Oct 14, 2022
My Timeline (Paper based application):

Application sent: Nov 2019
Application received: Nov 2019
AOR: Feb 11, 2020
Fingerprints required (1st time) : Mar 5, 2020
Fingerprint results received (1st time) : Jul 6, 2020
Fingerprints required (2nd time): Aug 12, 2021
Fingerprint results received (2nd time) : Sep 12, 2021
Citizenship test update: Mar 4, 2022
Scheduled for citizenship test: Mar 11, 2022
Citizenship test completed: Mar 28, 2022
Background verification completed: Jun 23, 2022

Ghost update without any changes in status: Oct 7, 2022

Status as of today:
Citizenship test and Background verification: Completed
Language skills, Physical presence and Prohibitions: In progress
Citizenship ceremony: Not started

My local MP's office reached out to IRCC regarding my application (up on my request) and IRCC said my application is completed at their end and I should be hearing from Scarborough Oath office next (Oath or Interview). IRCC could not provide a time line on when Scarborough office will contact me.

I have couple of questions. I hope somebody can answer.

1) Do you guys think I may have to submit finger prints the third time since the second finger prints expired on Sep 12, 2022? Point to note is background verification is completed.
2) Is there any particular reason for Ghost update? Does it mean I will hear back soon from Scarborough office regarding Interview/Ceremony?
3) How can I reach out to IRCC on phone regarding update? Is there a way to speak to an agent who can answer our questions? I have been using the webform to contact IRCC but always received generic response without any specific information regarding my application.

Thank you so much for your feedback!

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
My Timeline (Paper based application):

Application sent: Nov 2019
Application received: Nov 2019
AOR: Feb 11, 2020
Fingerprints required (1st time) : Mar 5, 2020
Fingerprint results received (1st time) : Jul 6, 2020
Fingerprints required (2nd time): Aug 12, 2021
Fingerprint results received (2nd time) : Sep 12, 2021
Citizenship test update: Mar 4, 2022
Scheduled for citizenship test: Mar 11, 2022
Citizenship test completed: Mar 28, 2022
Background verification completed: Jun 23, 2022

Ghost update without any changes in status: Oct 7, 2022

Status as of today:
Citizenship test and Background verification: Completed
Language skills, Physical presence and Prohibitions: In progress
Citizenship ceremony: Not started

My local MP's office reached out to IRCC regarding my application (up on my request) and IRCC said my application is completed at their end and I should be hearing from Scarborough Oath office next (Oath or Interview). IRCC could not provide a time line on when Scarborough office will contact me.

I have couple of questions. I hope somebody can answer.

1) Do you guys think I may have to submit finger prints the third time since the second finger prints expired on Sep 12, 2022? Point to note is background verification is completed.
2) Is there any particular reason for Ghost update? Does it mean I will hear back soon from Scarborough office regarding Interview/Ceremony?
3) How can I reach out to IRCC on phone regarding update? Is there a way to speak to an agent who can answer our questions? I have been using the webform to contact IRCC but always received generic response without any specific information regarding my application.

Thank you so much for your feedback!
Even you call IRCC, they answer gently but don’t care what u asking about.
My citizenship process lasted 26 months
I’m applicant from July 2020
So, be calm don’t worry, expect your time when IRCC is going to contact.
Don’t do fingerprints for the moment, you don’t know nothing if IRCC is going to ask for that

Reactions: mat_fm

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
My spouse and I applied for citizenship online separately. We got virtual oath invitation for the same oath ceremony. We have separate seat numbers. Is it possible to attend the ceremony together using the same device? If "yes", how to do that?
Forum members, please share your opinions. Thanks.
Yes its ok to use same device, no issue

Reactions: Farah2018

naten

Feb 20, 2018
Yes,
1 day after my interview got DM
3 days after my, IRCC send me the day of ceremony
is there any update in your old tracker ECAS one? I do not have access to the new tracker so I just wonder when you are scheduled for oath, does the old tracker update anything?

Dee3186

Aug 8, 2022
Thanks for your reply. Do we need to include both of our seat numbers as Zoom screen names?
yes, like 18, 20 assuming 18 and 20 are your sear numbers. and there will be an admin during the virtual oath ceremony, he will help to rename incase you get it wrong or don't know how to rename.

Reactions: Farah2018

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Does anyone know if SCR is doing any in-person oath ceremonies (other than the selective interview ones) or is it all virtual?