+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

thaikashaikh

Nov 12, 2016
Online only those who are picked for interviews which are in person, as part of a pilot project they have their oath in person while they visit for interview to their office to make their worthwhile if all requirements are met during that day

figsalad

Oct 20, 2021
I am scheduled for Interview on 24th october but have not received any email with details of the location/time of the interview. Where can I email them to ask for details? I had my test and communications in past from Scarborough location.
Check your junk mail or maybe call them? You can also email them at the webform but they're not super fast with their responses.

Reactions: DD4Canada

alaa_saleh

May 31, 2013
Online only those who are picked for interviews which are in person, as part of a pilot project they have their oath in person while they visit for interview to their office to make their worthwhile if all requirements are met during that day
Scarborough started doing in person Oath ceremony or will start later in October, in FB group there is one lady who got an in person Oath invitation later in October (not interview). Mississauga started doing that since the beginning of September.

figsalad

Oct 20, 2021
Hi guys,

What should you bring to the citizenship event/interview to address the following category:

"All your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form)."

The only supporting documents I photocopied are my diplomas (for proof of French and English fluency) and my Ontario health card (for photocopy of personal identification document). Are these the only original docs I must bring to satisfy the requirement of the aforementioned category?

alabishina

Dec 27, 2020
so do you mean, It is possible I might have my oath on the day of my interview if i meet all the requirement?

write2vicky

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
Hello,

Please share about how long is background check good for? I have my online background status as completed since August 31, 2022 (AOR on Feb 22, 2022) but I’m wondering how long before they consider my background as expired.

Also, I don’t recall needing my finger prints in order to complete my background check. So, not everyone is expected to give finger prints or do we provide prints after interview?
Thank you.
As far as I know, everyone is not required to submit finger print to clear back-ground check. It is some random selection. I got but my wife did not. If finger print is submitted for back-ground, it is valid for 1 year. My application has taken almost 3 years so I am submitting 3rd time. I hope this information is helpful.

Reactions: Evergreen_3034

write2vicky

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
Hi guys,

What should you bring to the citizenship event/interview to address the following category:

"All your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form)."

The only supporting documents I photocopied are my diplomas (for proof of French and English fluency) and my Ontario health card (for photocopy of personal identification document). Are these the only original docs I must bring to satisfy the requirement of the aforementioned category?
They checked my PR card, Passport(All if you got it renewed), Health card, reason of returning back to country(I was out)--I showed company transfer letter. Some people were asked for language proof as well. I think these are sufficient.

Reactions: Evergreen_3034

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
As far as I know, everyone is not required to submit finger print to clear back-ground check. It is some random selection. I got but my wife did not. If finger print is submitted for back-ground, it is valid for 1 year. My application has taken almost 3 years so I am submitting 3rd time. I hope this information is helpful.
@write2vicky:

Thank you for your reply! Info was helpful to understand background finger print process.
Take care.

Ck124

Feb 6, 2018
My full timeline is in signature.
Ceremony scheduled: November 3rd (not sure if it’s in-person)
No invitation email yet.

It seems I should be expecting the email/mail a week prior to the ceremony date.
Hey, how do you know you're ceremony date, since you haven't received your invitation email yet ? I just noticed that the status changed to completed yesterday and I don't have any info on the ceremony date.
I'm a sep 21 online applicant.. Scarborough office

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Hey, how do you know you're ceremony date, since you haven't received your invitation email yet ? I just noticed that the status changed to completed yesterday and I don't have any info on the ceremony date.
Date and status is reflected online for online apps and they call out that further instructions are on the way. Check back in a day or two for oath update.

Reactions: Ck124

rejjiin

Oct 16, 2019
What’s your timeline? I am also a sept 2021 online applicant. Test marked as complete on May 3.

Ck124

Feb 6, 2018
What’s your timeline? I am also a sept 2021 online applicant. Test marked as complete on May 3.
Sep 4 2021 - application sent
Nov 23 2021 - AOR
Apr 20 2022 - citizenship test requested
Apr 24 2022 - took test
Apr 26 2022 - test marked as completed
Oct 10 2022 - all other items turned completed.
Background turned completed sometime close to when the test turned completed..couldn't remember the exact date