Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Here only test completed. Kindly share your timeline please
Mine is different. I'm outside and I'm 2020 applicant but I told them I will be back within 2 weeks.

Kitchener Office (Paper)
Application Sent: Apr 30th, 2020
Application Received: May 12th, 2020
AOR: Nov 6th, 2020
In-Process: Dec 14th, 2020
BG Completed: Feb 15th, 2021
Test Invite: Nov 1st, 2021
Test Taken: Nov 7th, 2021
Test Completed: Nov 12th, 2021 (Outside)
Ghost Update: Feb 4th, 2022
Interview Request: Mar 8th, 2022
Interview Email: March 15th, 2022
Interview Date: Mar 31st, 2022 (Outside)
Language Skills Completed: Apr 1st, 2022
Physical Presence & Prohibition Completed: Pending
DM: Pending
Oath: Pending

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Mine is different. I'm outside and I'm 2020 applicant but I told them I will be back within 2 weeks.

Kitchener Office (Paper)
Application Sent: Apr 30th, 2020
Application Received: May 12th, 2020
AOR: Nov 6th, 2020
In-Process: Dec 14th, 2020
BG Completed: Feb 15th, 2021
Test Invite: Nov 1st, 2021
Test Taken: Nov 7th, 2021
Test Completed: Nov 12th, 2021 (Outside)
Ghost Update: Feb 4th, 2022
Interview Request: Mar 8th, 2022
Interview Email: March 15th, 2022
Interview Date: Mar 31st, 2022 (Outside)
Language Skills Completed: Apr 1st, 2022
Physical Presence & Prohibition Completed: Pending
DM: Pending
Oath: Pending
In my case only test completed and everything else in progress (except oath). All the best to you

Last edited:

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hello members

You can see my timeline in my signature. Its been 3 months since the test was marked completed. Everything else is in progress (even background check). Don't know what to do. Is there anyone going through similar situation ? Please your tips and suggestions are appreciated.

Regards
Stuck background checks are a common reason for indefinitely long delays. I guess you have already ordered GCMS notes if you know that you have cleared security but still have criminality in progress? When did you clear security and for how long has criminality been in progress? Unfortunately some people do get delayed for a long time if IRCC's criminality check is waiting a long time on third party responses, and often there isn't much that can be done, especially if you have not passed 27 months. The only thing I can suggest is contacting your MP, but after you at least pass the 1 year mark.

Reactions: ROCK ON

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Stuck background checks are a common reason for indefinitely long delays. I guess you have already ordered GCMS notes if you know that you have cleared security but still have criminality in progress? When did you clear security and for how long has criminality been in progress? Unfortunately some people do get delayed for a long time if IRCC's criminality check is waiting a long time on third party responses, and often there isn't much that can be done, especially if you have not passed 27 months. The only thing I can suggest is contacting your MP, but after you at least pass the 1 year mark.
Yes. You have guessed it right. I ordered GCMS. Security was completed on May 27. Criminality has been in progress for more than 3 months. I have actually approached MP in the first week of September. 1 year will be completed on September 27.

Reactions: trumprefugee

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Yes. You have guessed it right. I ordered GCMS. Security was completed on May 27. Criminality has been in progress for more than 3 months. I have actually approached MP in the first week of September. 1 year will be completed on September 27.
Good luck! Let us know if you get any response from the MP. At least you haven't been waiting an inordinately long time yet. Hopefully you will clear criminality sooner, but some people wait a year a more.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Good luck! Let us know if you get any response from the MP. At least you haven't been waiting an inordinately long time yet. Hopefully you will clear criminality sooner, but some people wait a year a more.
Thanks. I got the reply from MP office. They have the same info which I already have. Don’t know what to do.

Last edited:
  • Sad

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
IRCC works so slow and nobody knows the reason. Applicants don’t worry, nothing is wrong. My citizenship application process lasted 26 months and in that time I was blaming myself, maybe I done something wrong or maybe forget a document was gone missing. My paranoia ruined my peace. Suddenly, one day IRCC emailed & invited me for interview. Here I am, couple of weeks I do have my citizenship ceremony.
Nothing was wrong, my mind lost the patience. Be patient my friend, your time should arrive soon

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
IRCC works so slow and nobody knows the reason. Applicants don’t worry, nothing is wrong. My citizenship application process lasted 26 months and in that time I was blaming myself, maybe I done something wrong or maybe forget a document was gone missing. My paranoia ruined my peace. Suddenly, one day IRCC emailed & invited me for interview. Here I am, couple of weeks I do have my citizenship ceremony.
Nothing was wrong, my mind lost the patience. Be patient my friend, your time should arrive soon
How many months in total for yours?

Reactions: Toronto1971

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Sometimes there is something wrong with our applications that IRCC takes its time to investigate but won't let us know until and unless it becomes something that they can't resolve and that would disqualify us. For example, doubts as to our physical presence and they start investigating public records, prolonged background check waiting to hear back from other countries' agencies, investigating hunches of fraud, etc. Or also if we belong to a racial group or are from countries where there have been higher incidences of fraud, they might examine our applications more closely and delay them. Once whatever is bothering them is resolved, we move on to the next step, but without knowing if IRCC had been investigating us or just ignoring us.

These days IRCC also apparently wants to prioritize 2022 paper applicants, finishing them up in 4-6 months. Their arbitrary and non-transparent ways of prioritizing certain applications and delaying others (2020 and prior especially) makes all of us who have suffered delays worry that we have done something wrong.

I took the oath a few days ago and must say that the experience was quite a stark contrast to the very difficult wait over the past few months especially. The judge and staff were very warm and welcoming and the process was quite efficient. I feel almost exonerated and my mental health has improved a lot, but I still wonder why it took so long to get an oath invite after my application was supposedly approved, when for almost everyone else who applied around the time I did, this last stage was the only one that consistently took much less time. Although I feel a lot less negatively about IRCC now after a positive oath experience, my opposition to the very inequitable processing of applications (i.e., recent applications taking little time while many older ones take years, often for no apparent reason) that I have seen still stands.

Reactions: Toronto1971 and A_S

General66

Jan 25, 2022
Ok , my experience because nobody knows how really IRCC works.
-Interview day 8 September
-Updated , all the lights turned green next day ( needs 24 hours to update your application status on website). it was 9 September
- ECAS website showed “ Decision Made “
- Monday 12 September the status had been updated again. IRCC send the day of ceremony for 21 October
- I’m applicant from July 2020
@Toronto1971 is your first finger print expired before your interview? If yes we’re you asked for second fingerprint at your interview?

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
Sometimes there is something wrong with our applications that IRCC takes its time to investigate but won't let us know until and unless it becomes something that they can't resolve and that would disqualify us. For example, doubts as to our physical presence and they start investigating public records, prolonged background check waiting to hear back from other countries' agencies, investigating hunches of fraud, etc. Or also if we belong to a racial group or are from countries where there have been higher incidences of fraud, they might examine our applications more closely and delay them. Once whatever is bothering them is resolved, we move on to the next step, but without knowing if IRCC had been investigating us or just ignoring us.

These days IRCC also apparently wants to prioritize 2022 paper applicants, finishing them up in 4-6 months. Their arbitrary and non-transparent ways of prioritizing certain applications and delaying others (2020 and prior especially) makes all of us who have suffered delays worry that we have done something wrong.

I took the oath a few days ago and must say that the experience was quite a stark contrast to the very difficult wait over the past few months especially. The judge and staff were very warm and welcoming and the process was quite efficient. I feel almost exonerated and my mental health has improved a lot, but I still wonder why it took so long to get an oath invite after my application was supposedly approved, when for almost everyone else who applied around the time I did, this last stage was the only one that consistently took much less time. Although I feel a lot less negatively about IRCC now after a positive oath experience, my opposition to the very inequitable processing of applications (i.e., recent applications taking little time while many older ones take years, often for no apparent reason) that I have seen still stands.
My friend, don’t forget the officials of IRCC are people like & you. The should respect some Government rules and keeping their jobs, too.
If the applicants conduct a honest & simple life, nothing to hide, it’s question of time to became Canadian citizens.
Today, I’m laughing with myself how much I worried for nothing. Soon the Citizenship certificate will “ knock “ to my mailbox and the only words should be: -Thank You Canada! -

nikta

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Hello members

You can see my timeline in my signature. Its been 3 months since the test was marked completed. Everything else is in progress (even background check). Don't know what to do. Is there anyone going through similar situation ? Please your tips and suggestions are appreciated.

Regards
Exactly same for mine . Since June 2022 my test has been passed . My interview 3 weeks ago in person in Montreal has been passed. Everything is is in progress except ceremony not started snd citizenship test complete. All tracker is in progress. I’m applicant April 2019

Reactions: ROCK ON